Bands that you don't really like and probably never will

ajax_andy

Just following on from the other thread where you suddenly start to appreciate bands you never did before, there's a few that I just have never been able to appreciate. Maybe the odd song yes but overall they just do nothing for me:

The Beetles

Rolling Stones

Elvis

Tupac

Jay Z

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just following on from the other thread where you suddenly start to appreciate bands you never did before, there's a few that I just have never been able to appreciate. Maybe the odd song yes but overall they just do nothing for me:

The Beetles

Rolling Stones

Elvis

Tupac

Jay Z

Fucking Elvis :lol: Have a word. :loser:

The Beetles

Rolling Stones

Elvis

Tupac

Jay Z

Same for the bottom three, though the tupac jayz part is really down to genre

Probably piss off the other guitar players here but I've never actually liked led zeppelin beyond a few songs.

The Beatles

THe Stones

THe Smiths

The Jam

Oasis

Morrisey (hate his whiney, boring voice with a passion)

Coldplay (except for a couple tracks. And Chris Martins voice live is, at best, mediocre)

The Stone Roses

Michael Jackson

Elvis

Amy Whinehouse

I could go on and on and on!

The Beatles

THe Stones

THe Smiths

The Jam

Oasis

Coldplay (except for a couple tracks. And Chris Martins voice live is, at best, mediocre)

The Stone Roses

Michael Jackson

Elvis

Amy Whinehouse

Wouldnt be the first time ;)

Arctic Monkeys - one of THE WORST live bands i've ever seen. Turned up at Paleo Festival, didn't give a shit, got booed, didn't do an encore. Never even liked them before the set, but I'd heard from DJs on Radio 1 (should've realised :lol:) and others that they were a brilliant live band. Shite.

No matter how much I try Pearl Jam & Miles Davis spring to mind. I've bought CDs from them both in the hope of getting what it is people like. Still nothing doing.

I actually loved a couple of songs off Ten when the cool kids at school were listening....it was only a decade latter I got the full album and felt let down.

The Beatles

THe Stones

THe Smiths

The Jam

Oasis

The Stone Roses

Michael Jackson

Elvis

Amy Whinehouse

In other words if it hasnt got a poodle perm type mullet thing going on you aint listening? ;)

Arctic Monkeys - one of THE WORST live bands i've ever seen. Turned up at Paleo Festival, didn't give a shit, got booed, didn't do an encore. Never even liked them before the set, but I'd heard from DJs on Radio 1 (should've realised :lol:) and others that they were a brilliant live band. Shite.

My sister raved on about these but despite being 36 she's a sucker for hype and whatever is deemed cool, probably the fact she's a mature student, these, fucking Lilly Allen whatever is out at the time. It's actually quite funny hearing her 'singing' Lilly Allens non-songs. :lol:

Radio 1 is like listening to a foreign channel, I just don't understand the shit they come out with.

The Beatles

I like a fair few of their songs but the problem is I absolutely cannot stand Paul McCartney, which dampens any enthusiasm I might otherwise have for the Beatles.

Edit - Pink Floyd is a great shout. Fucking shite.

In other words if it hasnt got a poodle perm type mullet thing going on you aint listening? ;)

:lol:

But totally wrong! :nono: I love lots of music...there are no mullets in QOTSA, or Muse, Sigur Ros, The Foos, Radiohead, Metallica, nor was there in Pink Floyd, Led Zep and so on. Yes I love Leppard, mainly their early years, when they were one of the very first metal bands...and way before Joe had his mullet and their sound became over produced....pre Hysteria I'm talking about!

The Beatles.

My brother is a fan and I grew up overexposed to them. I recognise their influence on some bands I like but I still see them as a shit scouse boy band.

Elvis is absolutely class. Get the Complete 50s Masters, almost every track is brilliant.

As for this, The Doors have 2 good songs, Cream have 2 good songs and neither of them produced anything good enough to justify their place in history. Jim Morrison done himself in so we could hear that shitty 'the End' everywhere, cheers for that, Jim. That doesn't excuse Light my Fire.

As for Cream. Brilliant if you love Ginger Baker spraying his ginger jizz all over you. Stick to White Room and Sunshine of your Love, lads. Clapton was better in the Bluesbreakers anyway.

Pink Floyd. The very worst of rock music in one neat package. Except for The Early Singles compilation with Barrett

I still haven't got into The Smiths because I'm afraid any songwriting and guitar work will just get drowned out by the image of Morrissey bouncing through my mind.

Elvis is absolutely class. Get the Complete 50s Masters, almost every track is brilliant.

As for this, The Doors have 2 good songs, Cream have 2 good songs and neither of them produced anything good enough to justify their place in history. Jim Morrison done himself in so we could hear that shitty 'the End' everywhere, cheers for that, Jim. That doesn't excuse Light my Fire.

As for Cream. Brilliant if you love Ginger Baker spraying his ginger jizz all over you. Stick to White Room and Sunshine of your Love, lads. Clapton was better in the Bluesbreakers anyway.

Pink Floyd. The very worst of rock music in one neat package. Except for The Early Singles compilation with Barrett

I still haven't got into The Smiths because I'm afraid any songwriting and guitar work will just get drowned out by the image of Morrissey bouncing through my mind.

nooooooooooooo no no no no no no no no no no no no

Cream's albums are fucking SHOCKING, man. Disreali Gears isn't even the best psychedelic album released in November 1967. Magical Mystery Tour, Forever Changes and After Bathing at Baxter's all do it in. And it's not even the best psychedelic album released that year by a British 3-piece because Axis: Bold as Love was out a week later and it had better musicianship and songwriting on it.

I honestly thought Cream was a joke I didn't get.

As for Pink Floyd, I will never be deterred. Boring as sin