Another Shooting in America

The Fish

Nice bait and switch. ;)

We are in the EU - nobody wanted it. We went to war in Iraq - millions didn't want it...We bailed out the banks - nobody was asked.

Not sure we can start lecturing the americans about rights and democracy. ;)

:lol:

You're saying that as if you've sat back and said nowt about the bank bailouts. All of a sudden you're a mute prole?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err democracy was built on guns. ;) Or do you speak German?

We ain't wiping out guns here. Just not selling them alongside Grand theft auto 5. There were no private citizens with uzi's flown into Germany or Japan that I'm aware of. 50 cent wasn't leading a storm on the white house when he got popped 9 (NINE) times.

We ain't wiping out guns here. Just not selling them alongside Grand theft auto 5. There were no private citizens with uzi's flown into Germany or Japan that I'm aware of. 50 cent wasn't leading a storm on the white house when he got popped 9 (NINE) times.

How would we defend ourselves if a dictatorship took over? (Far fetched I know ;) ).

Vote Ukip? :lol:

Put the rubbish in the wrong bins? :lol:

Edited by Park Life

It's not a case of taking these steps in the naive belief gun crime will be eradicated completely. The point would be to shift from a gun loving country to one less so. And keep taking steps as and when it's politically possible. If only licensed gun stores could sell them....and were restricted to ONLY selling guns and ammo, then perhaps it would become more stigmatised. As it shuld be. Being able to pick up a gun with the milk is the sort of thing that will keep Americans in the mindset you're talking about.

They can't, that's a huge and erroneous simplification. In nearly all states (Connecticut being one of the strictest) you have to pass police and federal checks to buy a gun, you cannot just walk into somewhere and walk out with a gun like it was a packet of sweets, not sure about ammo purchase but in most places guns aren't a walk in walk out sort of thing (in Texas you can if you have State resident ID).

So we should have guns to, to you know, defend ourselves?

Fuck sake :lol:

40% of America is starving (on food stamps). The Govt is bought and paid for many times over. It will come to it that americans are going to have another revolution. That ain't gonna happen with water pistols bro. ;)

How would we defend ourselves if a dictatorship took over? (Far fetched I know ;) ).

Vote Ukip? :lol:

Put the rubbish in the wrong bins? :lol:

I already put the rubbish in the wrong bins. Fight the power.

If America hasn't turned on its overlords by now, with the guns they have, I don't think they're ever gonna be suitably motivated.

They can't, that's a huge and erroneous simplification. In nearly all states (Connecticut being one of the strictest) you have to pass police and federal checks to buy a gun, you cannot just walk into somewhere and walk out with a gun like it was a packet of sweets, not sure about ammo purchase but in most places guns aren't a walk in walk out sort of thing (in Texas you can if you have State resident ID).

HF gets his gun info from The Wire man. :lol:

I am aware. But I have seen the guns in Walmart. Fat men perusing the selection with their toddlers. Mental.

I already put the rubbish in the wrong bins. Fight the power.

If America hasn't turned on its overlords by now, with the guns they have, I don't think they're ever gonna be suitably motivated.

I personally believe gun ownership is the only thing keeping that country from a full blown police state/dictatorship (some would say it is already).

The natural habitat of your average amican being the school massacre :D

:icon_lol:

In only 10 states does gun death outnumber car death

• Alaska: 104 gun deaths, 84 motor vehicle deaths
  • Arizona: 856 gun deaths, 809 motor vehicle deaths
  • Colorado: 583 gun deaths, 565 motor vehicle deaths
  • Indiana: 735 gun deaths, 715 motor vehicle deaths
  • Michigan: 1,095 gun deaths, 977 motor vehicle deaths
  • Nevada: 406 gun deaths, 255 motor vehicle deaths
  • Oregon: 417 gun deaths, 394 motor vehicle deaths
  • Utah: 260 gun deaths, 256 motor vehicle deaths
  • Virginia: 836 gun deaths, 827 motor vehicle deaths
  • Washington: 623 gun deaths, 580 motor vehicle deaths

Morgan Freeman's take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

I am aware. But I have seen the guns in Walmart. Fat men perusing the selection with their toddlers. Mental.

If Sports Direct was in the US it would sell guns, hunting is HUGE in the USA, they think of it as nothing different to an aisle of fishing rods.

If Sports Direct was in the US it would sell guns, hunting is HUGE in the USA, they think of it as nothing different to an aisle of fishing rods.

Exactly. A fucked up national psyche that needs gun ownership to be stigmatized for its own good.

Exactly. A fucked up national psyche that needs gun ownership to be stigmatized for its own good.

You can't stigmatize the majority, minority aye, piece of piss, see smokers as an example.

Link ?? I would guess the lower gun crime States are actually those with better education and less poverty

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/the-geography-of-gun-deaths/69354/

You're right of course, there are many factors involved but you can't ignore the fact that there is a correlation between gun control and gun crime.