FIFA 13

Barney

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in offline?! Can't stand playing against the computer

higher difficulties offline aye, I'll head online in UT more once it settles down, for the start most players just abuse pace like mad which isn't particularly enjoyable.

I'm just playing this UT for the first time, I'm doing areet building a toon side but how do people get the coins to afford the really good players? Do you just play tonnes of games or have you just been getting lucky in packs? I just keep getting useless crap in packs like 'rare' Forlan who no one wanted and players in the 75-78 range no 80+'s.

getting no 80+ players is pretty bad luck. You can sell nigh on everything in a pack remember.

Even the top players have made 350k in matches so anyone telling you its matches is lying. I've bought some packs and I've traded up off them. you can get some stuff well under market value and trade it on for more, some non player cards are worth loads, popular formations 4222 442 and 41212 are usually worth a bit as are the good position changers.

Ah reet so it's mostly off the trading. So the best option is to just save and get the premium packs and hope my luck turns round? :lol:. I've had some utter shocking packs while my mates been getting Oxlade-Chamberlain and that. Do the players from the team of the week come in the premium gold packs? or is that another thing entirely.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#bArZyTTvnHGOe:ps3 That's my best team at the minute, so as you can see it's mainly mid 70 players Dzeko's the best player I've had in a pack and I sold him on for 3,500 but since him I've been getting Koln players and Brazillians who play in the Brazillian leagues.

I've noticed the position change cards are going for fortunes in all is that common or just because the games new.

Aye, I got 3 IFs all year last season. Though one was the second HBA and he was unstoppable.

If you're saving coins then use them to trade for stuff you want its terrible value to go for packs, if you've the money and inclination then get some packs with fifa points sometimes to either get lucky or a bit of a coin boost.

Cheers, I was chuffed when I got Forlan as I'd completely forgotten he plays in Brazil now.

I don't mind playing the computer tbh, on the higher settings anyway but do you get more coins playing online?

Most times I try to access the web app it says the servers are down I'm fucking sick of it I get on it for about 10 minutes then it seems to be down for another 20. Anyone else get this?

Cheers, I was chuffed when I got Forlan as I'd completely forgotten he plays in Brazil now.

I don't mind playing the computer tbh, on the higher settings anyway but do you get more coins playing online?

You can make a mint Brazilian league team for not much. Checkout mine

Most times I try to access the web app it says the servers are down I'm fucking sick of it I get on it for about 10 minutes then it seems to be down for another 20. Anyone else get this?

I wouldnt even bother with the web app. When they were doing the free stuff in the week before it came out I wrongly put in the answer to my security question and after talking 3 times to the game advisors over the space of 4 weeks, my account is still locked on it and every time I play UT on Xbox I have to put in a new Security question and answer, which is pissing is off.

I have no probs with the web app. I find it a much easier way of trading-there's lots of players you can buy low and sell high.

Packs have been bad for me. Never once got an IF player, and only about 2 players with an above 80 rating.

I got Busquets in my first pack though in 13.

Still unbeaten on seasons. Was just 0-3 down at half time but brought it back to 3-3 and was SO close to grabbing a winner at the end!

EDIT: Just been beaten twice in 3 games. Suppose it had to end sometime :'(

Edited by Nyff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up to Division 1 online- though it took longer than it did last year. Hoping to snag the title here in the near future- 2 seasons finished with ~17 points.

Still haven't bothered doing a career yet. Will probably start one up with Newcastle eventuall.

Bayern Munich

used to always use AC MIlan but their centre halves just annoy me too much now, munichs aren't great either but least it isn't mexes

Yeah, I use Dortmund for the most part. Switch it up to Napoli, occasionally PSG. I want to win the title first and then I will expirment a bit more but there really is a period of gettng used to playing with a new team.

I've probably already played more matches on 13 than on 12- because I didn't have online gaming for the majority of last year....where I lived the connection was just shit and wasn't worth playing.

• 1 month later...

Never really bothered with this online but thought I'd try some of the Seasons mode out. Is the lobbed through ball an exploit? I've dominated every game I've played possession wise and shots etc and win most but now and again I come up against people who are terrible and barely touch the ball but score nigh on every time they do get it.

I'll admit I'm not very good at defending but they do the L1 + triangle and my defender cannot win the ball even when I get to it first my player slows down and he breaks past me and takes it, then they use L1 + triangle to a player on the back post who diving headers it in no matter where my defender is. They then go on to do this every single time they get the ball, sometimes I can hook it away from them but often I just can't seem to win the ball. Is this some sort of exploit like the drag back goals on previous games and is there a way to defend against it?

Like I say I'm not very good but I know I'm better than the players that do this to me, it's putting me off bothering as every couple of games I come up against blokes that do this.

I was initially playing as Tottenham, the high line they seem to play was getting me killed. I started using Marseilles and it went well for a while until I come up with another bloke that did it. I just can't seem to stop the diagonal across the box to the back post, a bloke scored a diving header with it when my player should have really had the ball. Guess I just need to get used to the new defending more, I went from Fifa 11 to this one.

Edited by Howay