Good vs Evil --- They walk among us.

Christmas Tree

I've been thinking about this subject for a while now. Not sure where it sprouted from however it goes something like this.

Take a murderer. Not your murder of passion or anger etc but your cold blooded psychopathic killer. Our gut reaction when something happens is to put them into a little box as un-human etc.

However as in virtually everything in life there must be some sort of scale. Ie at one end we have Mother Teresa and at the other the killer above. In between there must be all sorts of borderline candidates who have the same cravings but either never, or so far, have not given in.

Maybe they are simply scared of getting caught or simply dont have the guts to follow through.

This will apply to murderers, rapists and virtually most sort of depraved crimes.

Obviously laws are here to make the weak stick to the right road and more often than not they do.

However even the most moral. How moral would they be if they woke up tomorrow and had super powers? Laws no longer were an issue. Would they don a cape and save the needy? Would they rape and pillage?

Are we more inherently evil than we let on? :shifty:

[media=]

[/media]

Yeah, I watched that a few weeks ago. However in the film the kid that goes ape shit was a bit of a loner and you could imagine hime taking a gun to his local school. Im more on about Mr normal and what goes through his mind on a daily basis and how he would act with no repercussions.

Okay, here's a thing. I spoke to Harold Shipman a couple of times. He was a GP in the area where I worked at his local hospital. He used to ring my ward to 'see how his patients were'

At the time that I had a perfectly reasonable GP/nurse conversation with him, he'd already murdered at least 200 people, including the mother of one of my colleagues. That's quite hard to get your head round when everything comes out. Especially as he was a really lovely man. Or so we all thought.

Trust no-one.....!

I believe that everyone has a breaking point and also everyone has a weakness , it just depends on who or what can break a person and who is clever enough to exploit a weakness in a person.

Some people can allow emotion to flow and women are pretty quick to show emotion at the drop of a hat, where most men bottle theirs up which is why a placid man can become an instant violent person if he's bottled up a lot of emotion in his life which is triggered by someone or something.

We all know women have the potential to kill if provoked when they are due on.

Generally circumstances can dictate how a person will turn out, yet some people are simply evil from the word go.

The one good thing about the human body is, it's built to survive and a persons mind is normally geared to self preservation unless it's altered due to circumstances which could be drugs, depression, revenge or something along those lines.

I believe that everyone has a breaking point and also everyone has a weakness , it just depends on who or what can break a person and who is clever enough to exploit a weakness in a person.

Some people can allow emotion to flow and women are pretty quick to show emotion at the drop of a hat, where most men bottle theirs up which is why a placid man can become an instant violent person if he's bottled up a lot of emotion in his life which is triggered by someone or something.

Generally circumstances can dictate how a person will turn out, yet some people are simply evil from the word go.

The one good thing about the human body is, it's built to survive and a persons mind is normally geared to self preservation unless it's altered due to circumstances which could be drugs, depression, revenge or something along those lines.

"How do you plead, woman?"

"Not guilty due to Rag Week m'lud"

" Acquitted!"

Interesting. Born evil but with built in self preservation. Probably exactly the sort I am talking about and probably very wide spread in society.

Whether it's evil or just the animal instinct which is more excessive in some and subdued in others.

Are we more inherently evil than we let on? :shifty:

I don't know about that, but it makes sense generally that there would be more people with the capacity for murder than there are murderers, more paedophiles than there are child (sexual) abusers, etc. etc. I suppose most people have certain morals sufficiently drilled into them - by society, their upbringing, and so on - to prevent them from acting on urges like that, though maybe if you're sufficiently that way inclined then you'll eventually "snap" under the wrong circumstances no matter what, I dunno...

Society is turning a fair amount of people into twisted evil bastards. When I say society, I mean what society has become with violence and murder as the norm.

Years ago when someone was murdered , especially in your region, it was pure shock to most people, yet now it barely gets a mention unless the murderer in on the loose, because we have become conditioned to it and accept it as the norm.

Years ago when kids were right little bastards they were clipped round the lug and labelled as unruly. Today , authorities drag the parents in to tell them that their little bastard unruly little shit isn't actually a bad little bastard, it's because he has ADHD and needs an arm round him and a few pairs of top range trainers, plus trackies, trips to the fun fair, all expenses paid bus outings and blah blah blah.

These type of kids usually end up leaving school or reform school and hang about near your home creating as much shit as possible before eventually using a pensioners head as a football.

Once in court, they are told that their crime is despicable but understand that they have had issues in life that prison would not cure, so they are slapped on the wrist and told to do a few gardens for a few hours a week and everything will be ok.

The evil is ingrained into them now because they have had their taste of violence and blood of the weak and will look for more as the next rage sets in.

These people have no fear of the law because they hold spats with the law as a badge of honour to their equally backward mates.

It's all down to intelligence levels dropping, which many believe are rising because of technology, yet it's technology that's creating the monsters and the sub standard intelligence.

Young potential offenders don't concentrate on bettering their intelligence, the concentrate on the loop holes in the law and the understanding that adults will be prosecuted should they lay a finger on them.

The major problem in latter teen years is the use of drugs which basically wipes out any chance of progress for 90% of those who get hooked and even the most timid person who falls into the drug culture would violently rob their own Granny for the sake of a fix and think nothing of it until they come down from their high, only to be so remorseful for what they done, yet would cheerfully rob the same Granny the very next night.

We are all basically harbouring evil, it's just the trigger mechanism inside us that requires firing.

How many people have walked past a lovely neighbour who says hello every morning and stops and sensibly chats to you and appears to the so placid that a loud boo could topple him, yet have a dispute over something he feels is his and the incredible hulk shines through.

It's just how far the trigger is pulled back as to how long it is before we hear the bang.

Society is turning a fair amount of people into twisted evil bastards. When I say society, I mean what society has become with violence and murder as the norm.

Years ago when someone was murdered , especially in your region, it was pure shock to most people, yet now it barely gets a mention unless the murderer in on the loose, because we have become conditioned to it and accept it as the norm.

Years ago when kids were right little bastards they were clipped round the lug and labelled as unruly. Today , authorities drag the parents in to tell them that their little bastard unruly little shit isn't actually a bad little bastard, it's because he has ADHD and needs an arm round him and a few pairs of top range trainers, plus trackies, trips to the fun fair, all expenses paid bus outings and blah blah blah.

These type of kids usually end up leaving school or reform school and hang about near your home creating as much shit as possible before eventually using a pensioners head as a football.

Once in court, they are told that their crime is despicable but understand that they have had issues in life that prison would not cure, so they are slapped on the wrist and told to do a few gardens for a few hours a week and everything will be ok.

The evil is ingrained into them now because they have had their taste of violence and blood of the weak and will look for more as the next rage sets in.

These people have no fear of the law because they hold spats with the law as a badge of honour to their equally backward mates.

It's all down to intelligence levels dropping, which many believe are rising because of technology, yet it's technology that's creating the monsters and the sub standard intelligence.

Young potential offenders don't concentrate on bettering their intelligence, the concentrate on the loop holes in the law and the understanding that adults will be prosecuted should they lay a finger on them.

The major problem in latter teen years is the use of drugs which basically wipes out any chance of progress for 90% of those who get hooked and even the most timid person who falls into the drug culture would violently rob their own Granny for the sake of a fix and think nothing of it until they come down from their high, only to be so remorseful for what they done, yet would cheerfully rob the same Granny the very next night.

We are all basically harbouring evil, it's just the trigger mechanism inside us that requires firing.

How many people have walked past a lovely neighbour who says hello every morning and stops and sensibly chats to you and appears to the so placid that a loud boo could topple him, yet have a dispute over something he feels is his and the incredible hulk shines through.

It's just how far the trigger is pulled back as to how long it is before we hear the bang.

Murder rates were reported at a 4 decade low a few backs though.

Murder rates were reported at a 4 decade low a few backs though.

Bit of a fiddle but if you take out Shipman, the number of murders is virtually zero compared with 100 years ago.

The idea of some nostalgic paradise is as usual bollocks.