McFaul

Newcastle United v Aston Villa

I don't think Anita has been that bad, but on the other hand I can't say that he's taken to the PL straight away and he's clearly got a lot to work on. Looks a decent enough player at times but he'll take a while to settle. As do a lot of foreign players. Giroud at Arsenal for example hasn't got going at all for them yet.

We've been spoiled by most of our foreign imports (Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote in particular) all taking to the league as if they'd played in England before. Anita has the pace and strength to make it in the premiership, just think it's going to take him a while to adapt to the pace of the league and the amount of pressing teams do.

Bigi has really impressed me mind especially for a lad so young, could really prove to be a valuable member of the squad this season.

I have no doubts Anita could do well if only he gets a position to settle in. This utility guy thing must be very chaotic for someone who's just arrived. Place him in left-back and Santon on the right, thats what we need at the moment, Pardew needs to play players where they belong.

I don't think any one is actually panicking, I think there are some who are concerned that we're not playing well.

If Simpson is going to be out for a few weeks it might be a good idea to use Anita at LB like we are well aware he can and has played there a good bit. Jonas will protect him and it would be good to see how Santon and Barfa link up on the right. Hopefully Tiote is back soon so him and Cabaye can get upto speed and start domination midfield again like we did last season. He has been a big miss.

Edited by StellarStripes

"I can't say that we deserved to win and you could argue that Villa did," Pardew explained. "We were a bit funny today, we lacked discipline and our set-plays were awful.

"It was a nightmare from a coaching point of view. We were better in the second half but they still had chances. Both managers probably walk away and think a point is fair but we won't come across many teams that will work as hard as Villa did."

Fair play.

If Simpson is going to be out for a few weeks it might be a good idea to use Anita at LB like we are well aware he can and has played there a good bit. Jonas will protect him and it would be good to see how Santon and Barfa link up on the right. Hopefully Tiote is back soon so him and Cabaye can get upto speed and start domination midfield again like we did last season. He has been a big miss.

I think it's been wrong of Pardew to use Anita in the middle, not a passer and not a physical strong enough guy for that role. That's why I wanted to see someone else in that role today in the absence of Perch and Tiote. Even Colo would've done a better job as a holding midfielder.

I think it's been wrong of Pardew to use Anita in the middle, not a passer and not a physical strong enough guy for that role. That's why I wanted to see someone else in that role today in the absence of Perch and Tiote. Even Colo would've done a better job as a holding midfielder.

Although I have said in the past Colo could do a job there, to consider it like many of your suggestions is just stupid man. How many CB's do we have?

I think Anita ha said CM is his position but I don't think it is. He could work in a 3 though alongside both Cabaye and Tiote.

"I can't say that we deserved to win and you could argue that Villa did," Pardew explained. "We were a bit funny today, we lacked discipline and our set-plays were awful.

"It was a nightmare from a coaching point of view. We were better in the second half but they still had chances. Both managers probably walk away and think a point is fair but we won't come across many teams that will work as hard as Villa did."

Pardew needs to face the fact he's being a big part in why shit hits today IMO. Clever tactics and subs is alpha omega, as important as the individual performances. The squad seemed dull today, but Pardew could've lifted the inspiration by planning more clever things and not just what everybody expects every time.

Yeah, let's put our best centre half in midfield. Good one

My first suggestion was actually Jonas. I've already figured spending all our 3 cb's at once would be stupid. Blame MA for being an utter useless prick not securing us a fourth man in that position,

Edited by Aeris

Pardew needs to face the fact he's being a big part in why shit hits today IMO. Clever tactics and subs is alpha omega, as important as the individual performances. The squad seemed dull today, but Pardew could've lifted the inspiration by planning more clever things and not just what everybody expects every time.

Yay, Agendas!

The vid shows it was single-handedly Ben Arfa's act why we didn't lose against one of the worst team in this years PL. I actually went to the Villa forum just to scout, there was absolutely nill belief there that Villa would take this.

Pardew left the changes way to late today, the system wasn't working or we were just playing badly, take your pick, but there was nothing happening and we had players on the bench to change that or could have went 4-3-3 (or variation of that) and got Ben Arfa into it and given their defence something to deal with as the 2 up front were struggling. I'm not one of the people these days who think 4-4-2 is unplayable and that you can't win with it, but today we were static and Villa were untroubled most of the first half, and they are not a good team at all.

Thought Santon was the pick of our players, had an impressive match defending and attacking and Ben Arfa rescued us with the sort of thing only he can do,but there were some sluggish performances out there. Also thought Bigi did really well on his introduction and we looked a bit better in midfield with him there, whilst Anita settled in nicely at fullback considering he's just started in the premiership and was moved mid game.

Hi Guys! New to this board. Been around for quite awhile but never really got down to registering, until today.

All in all, quite disappointed with today's performance and result. I don't think Ba and Cisse should be starting together upfront as they occupy exactly the same positions and don't compliment each other well at all. If anything at all, we should consider playing Ba on the left like we did last season. If it were upto me, I'd quite honestly drop one of them next game for Marveaux. Cisse hasn't looked sharp at all and his movement has been quite poor compared to last season, so I'd probably drop him.

Once again, we looked completely devoid of any ideas. Either we looped the ball to the two upfront or looked for some inspiration from Ben Messi.

Another thing of notice, is our shocking set-pieces. Why is it that time after time, game after game, we are unable to beat the first man either at corners or free kicks. Some of the delivery today was c@ck!!! Everyone tried including Bigi, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben but the delivery was all poor. I can't understand how at such a senior level, they struggle to beat the first man when it comes to corners.

Hi Guys! New to this board. Been around for quite awhile but never really got down to registering, until today.

All in all, quite disappointed with today's performance and result. I don't think Ba and Cisse should be starting together upfront as they occupy exactly the same positions and don't compliment each other well at all. If anything at all, we should consider playing Ba on the left like we did last season. If it were upto me, I'd quite honestly drop one of them next game for Marveaux. Cisse hasn't looked sharp at all and his movement has been quite poor compared to last season, so I'd probably drop him.

Once again, we looked completely devoid of any ideas. Either we looped the ball to the two upfront or looked for some inspiration from Ben Messi.

Another thing of notice, is our shocking set-pieces. Why is it that time after time, game after game, we are unable to beat the first man either at corners or free kicks. Some of the delivery today was c@ck!!! Everyone tried including Bigi, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben but the delivery was all poor. I can't understand how at such a senior level, they struggle to beat the first man when it comes to corners.

Great first post. :thumbup:

I agree with everything you've said. Ba and Cisse seem to always get in each others way.

Welcome aboard :)

I agree to a point. I'd quite like to see 4-3-3 as I think most would. Either Ba-Cisse-HBA or Marv-Cisse-HBA. Ive yet to be convinced Ba and Cisse work as a front two.

Yup, but thankfully Pardew has picked up on this and was very critical about it in his post-match interview.

Thought Bigi was excellent when he came on. I've been really impressed with him so far but I didn't think he would be ready for the premiership yet but he took to it like a duck to water. Well played son.