Brainwave 3!!

Asprilla

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try again, BTW I want you to know that I think you're all really great guys!  :lol:

DotBum used a 3rd party as an example of a talented lyric writer.

That's like me standing next to the hard guy in the pub and telling him Ricky Hatton is harder than he is.

If that's still too difficult then we'll just pretend it never happened.  ;)

The funny part is that I don't really care if you think I'm shit or not, but seeing as how you've never heard my stuff, it does say quite a lot about you.  ;)

75116[/snapback]

I understood what he was getting at re: the reference to talent, it's the bit about DotBum claiming credit I questioned, seeing as he didn't despite your claim to the contrary. I would have thought that was obvious. That said, I'm still willing to bet you're talking shite re: your album, however you can prove us all wrong by telling us when it's going to be released so we can listen for ourselves. I won't be holding my breath like.

75130[/snapback]

Ok, I'll try a new tack...I'll see DotBum's Nick Drake and RAISE him a John Lennon.

My songwriter beats his songwriter, ner-ner ner-ner.

You see? Nothing to do with us.

Anyway, if you'd read more closely, I already said earlier that there were no guarantees about releasing my album, but what was important to me was to get a publishing deal.

75142[/snapback]

I'll see your Asprilla's foreskin and I'll raise you a Jimmy Nail. :D

AF, do you consider yourself more Mulligan than O'Hare or vice versa? :lol:

75148[/snapback]

Do you have posters of

curry.jpg

or

adamshawdvdfever_s.jpg

up in your little wankpit ;)

75169[/snapback]

good name for a pub, that.

AF, do you consider yourself more Mulligan than O'Hare or vice versa? ;)

75148[/snapback]

Do you have posters of

curry.jpg

or

adamshawdvdfever_s.jpg

75169[/snapback]

:lol:

6c36b73c-c719-458a-9d0b-e2ebc01cc2c2.MIDDLE.jpg

tbh.

AF, do you consider yourself more Mulligan than O'Hare or vice versa? :lol:

75148[/snapback]

Do you have posters of

curry.jpg

or

adamshawdvdfever_s.jpg

75169[/snapback]

No Gemmill has these posters

souness0824_dr.jpg

and

mas%20laurent%20robert.jpg
Edited by Isegrim

Get where you're coming from but to be fair your original supercilious 'nine to five' jibes make that seem a bit hollow. I actually say all the best with the album, but dont forget the bloke/lass who signs you to a label will ultimately be one of those 'nine to five' monkeys you deride. 

The constant Newcastle=cultural wasteland/cradle of racist fervour probably doesnt help your cause either. :lol:  I'm not a Geordie but I can see why people on here might take those comments as an unfair criticism, when coming from someone who has spent very little time in the area.

75154[/snapback]

I only used it as a term of disrespect when someone attacked my job...there are millions of decent people working 9 to 5. Having said that it does tend to be those people who are most likely to take the piss out of someone for attempting to do something risky. The self employed people I know understand that it's a difficult thing to do and tend to be more encouraging.

One thing I won't do is pretend something is true when it isn't. I have met some very nice people up here but there is a hang up about outsiders simply because the North East doesn't have so much of a history of different people compared to London or the South in general. Being from Cornwall people at least get used to outsiders coming in because of tourism.

I appreciate your good wishes about my album, and the fact you can manage to rise above the bullying and herd mentality. I know that sounds dramatic, but it is sort of on a par.

I've had far worse shit in my life to deal with than a few insults on a forum, but I'm serious about the general tone of the place. It's neanderthal.

;)

To be honest, the whole attitude towards you on here is 100% down to your attitude towards people up here etc. I would suggest that you sell up and leave the region but the fact the only income coming into is probably as a result of your lass's 9-5 job probably precludes that as an option until you go triple-platinum :lol:

Get where you're coming from but to be fair your original supercilious 'nine to five' jibes make that seem a bit hollow. I actually say all the best with the album, but dont forget the bloke/lass who signs you to a label will ultimately be one of those 'nine to five' monkeys you deride. 

The constant Newcastle=cultural wasteland/cradle of racist fervour probably doesnt help your cause either. :lol:  I'm not a Geordie but I can see why people on here might take those comments as an unfair criticism, when coming from someone who has spent very little time in the area.

75154[/snapback]

I only used it as a term of disrespect when someone attacked my job...there are millions of decent people working 9 to 5. Having said that it does tend to be those people who are most likely to take the piss out of someone for attempting to do something risky. The self employed people I know understand that it's a difficult thing to do and tend to be more encouraging.

One thing I won't do is pretend something is true when it isn't. I have met some very nice people up here but there is a hang up about outsiders simply because the North East doesn't have so much of a history of different people compared to London or the South in general. Being from Cornwall people at least get used to outsiders coming in because of tourism.

I appreciate your good wishes about my album, and the fact you can manage to rise above the bullying and herd mentality. I know that sounds dramatic, but it is sort of on a par.

I've had far worse shit in my life to deal with than a few insults on a forum, but I'm serious about the general tone of the place. It's neanderthal.

;)

75191[/snapback]

I agree the N.E. doesnt have the same history of black and asian immigration as other parts of the country, but then I've been to Penzance a few times an all and it never struck me as downtown Kingston either. ;)

To be honest, the whole attitude towards you on here is 100% down to your attitude towards people up here etc. I would suggest that you sell up and leave the region but the fact the only income coming into is probably as a result of your lass's 9-5 job probably precludes that as an option until you go triple-platinum :lol:

75202[/snapback]

I hadn't been here for ages and yesterday I started a thread about players wages. Go back and see who started being a cunt first.

I don't doubt I wind people up here, but there's not a lot I can do about that.

I happen to earn more than my wife and every penny comes from music, in fact I earn an average wage from doing what I want. That's taken a lot of effort.

If and when I do move to France, I'll still come on here to wind you all up. ;)

75202[/snapback]

I hadn't been here for ages and yesterday I started a thread about players wages. Go back and see who started being a cunt first.

I happen to earn more than my wife and every penny comes from music, in fact I earn an average wage from doing what I want. That's taken a lot of effort.

75206[/snapback]

You suggested a wage cap on players didn't you? Well done mate, that'll work.

I agree the N.E. doesnt have the same history of black and asian immigration as other parts of the country, but then I've been to Penzance a few times an all and it never struck me as downtown Kingston either.  ;)

75204[/snapback]

I didn't say it was. They just don't have a heart attack if you have a different accent. :lol:

75202[/snapback]

75206[/snapback]

You suggested a wage cap on players didn't you? Well done mate, that'll work.

75209[/snapback]

There already is to an extent in the sense that the pot isn't bottomless.

The difference was that the fans would decide the wages rather than the gullible chairmen.

Hardly rocket science.

I agree the N.E. doesnt have the same history of black and asian immigration as other parts of the country, but then I've been to Penzance a few times an all and it never struck me as downtown Kingston either.  ;)

75204[/snapback]

I didn't say it was. They just don't have a heart attack if you have a different accent. :lol:

75210[/snapback]

Cornwall is very poor in general with high unemployment and there is loads of animosity towards people from London in particular who have bought holiday/weekend homes and have priced locals out of the market.