If you're depressed and think you can't go on.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian 19th century novels eh?

That's where I went wrong!

I preferred poetry;

"Shakespeare came here to sit and think,

I came here to shit and stink"

Hytech Packaging LTD

toilet door 1992

i

:lol:

theres some real wummers on here nowadays...Gene's one of them, or he was the worlds dullest teenager ;)

i was the world's best nufc fan & incredibly hard.

i should tell you the tale a glasgow social worker friend of mine told me.......

nah, i'd best not

I preferred poetry;

Hytech Packaging LTD

toilet door 1992

by 92 i was 28

at least nufc's support is middle class nowadays

Class is a two mind thing - I know my parents were working class and consider myself the same depsite a pretty good life because of how I was brought up but think if I had had kids they'd probably think of themsleves as middle class (see my niece/nephew as good examples).

It's a mixture of inheritance, attitude, pride and then lifestyle as an adult. I would like to think I'd have tried to instill good working class values (community/humility/work ethic) if I'd had the chance but I see a lot of people who forget their legacy. I'm not saying we should all want to shit in an outside bog going forward but I think remembering that past is worthwhile (possibly metaphorically but perhaps literally).

One thing I do despise though is working class respect for the aristocracy - as I've said before the first time I went to London when I was sixteen, I would have loved to have had access to a time machine and transported proper working class mililtants back to a point in history when we could have done what the French did and have a revolution - How anyone can wander around the place and not think fuck me this is wrong is beyond help imo.

Class is a two mind thing - I know my parents were working class and consider myself the same depsite a pretty good life because of how I was brought up but think if I had had kids they'd probably think of themsleves as middle class (see my niece/nephew as good examples).

It's a mixture of inheritance, attitude, pride and then lifestyle as an adult. I would like to think I'd have tried to instill good working class values (community/humility/work ethic) if I'd had the chance but I see a lot of people who forget their legacy. I'm not saying we should all want to shit in an outside bog going forward but I think remembering that past is worthwhile (possibly metaphorically but perhaps literally).

One thing I do despise though is working class respect for the aristocracy - as I've said before the first time I went to London when I was sixteen, I would have loved to have had access to a time machine and transported proper working class mililtants back to a point in history when we could have done what the French did and have a revolution - How anyone can wander around the place and not think fuck me this is wrong is beyond help imo.

para 2 - i feel that middle class people are as good at creating community spirit as working class; for example, walking buses to school, freecycle etc

para 3 - that is so true & such a crying shame

i

i was the world's best nufc fan & incredibly hard.

i should tell you the tale a glasgow social worker friend of mine told me.......

nah, i'd best not

Just because you want to educate yourself doesnt mean youre middle class.....unless you despise those who brought you into the enviroment you were brought up in, which is a whole other can of psycological worms...

Just because you want to educate yourself doesnt mean youre middle class.....unless you despise those who brought you into the enviroment you were brought up in, which is a whole other can of psycological worms...

"children begin by loving their parents. after a while they judge them. rarely if ever do they forgive them."

i wanted to get away from the noise & dirt of felling; i used to sit on the 15 bus (wardley to marlborough cresecent via team valley) during the evenings when it was deserted, paying 5p each way, just because i could sit in silence & read "madame bovary" or "iron in the soul" back in 78 or 79.

who would you rather your kids associated with at the game? criminal thugs or the intelligensia?

Aye, only the other week I had Charles Bronson to my right and Aristotle to my left. What a grueling decision on who to say 'alreet' to first!

Aye, only the other week I had Charles Bronson to my right and Aristotle to my left. What a grueling decision on who to say 'alreet' to first!

so you'd prefer the underclass? if you've children, then they should be in care

who would you rather your kids associated with at the game? criminal thugs or the intelligensia?

Kids should go with their dads relatively civislised until about 12/13/14 - then they should be going with their mates and start getting imbued with anger, bitterness, passion and hatred.

Kids should go with their dads relatively civislised until about 12/13/14 - then they should be going with their mates and start getting imbued with anger, bitterness, passion and hatred.

that's how it used to be.

nowadays, many people take their family to games

"children begin by loving their parents. after a while they judge them. rarely if ever do they forgive them."

i wanted to get away from the noise & dirt of felling; i used to sit on the 15 bus (wardley to marlborough cresecent via team valley) during the evenings when it was deserted, paying 5p each way, just because i could sit in silence & read "madame bovary" or "iron in the soul" back in 78 or 79.

The point remains. None of that means you're middle class. Wanting to better yourself is natural and millions succeed in doing it. Quoting a few poncey words doesnt mean theyll accept you into something like the Reform Club, where class means a huge amount. Are you associated with anything that gives a fuck who you're old man was?...if you are, thats to do with class. If not, thats to do with how youve turned out yourself.

so you'd prefer the underclass? if you've children, then they should be in care

I'm going out for a lovely family meal in about half an hour but if you want I'll fly back to Newcastle and drop off my girls in a kids home instead?

I preferred poetry;

Hytech Packaging LTD

toilet door 1992

:)

One of me best mates used to work in the Turnball warehouse on the quayside before it became flats .

He went to drop the kids off at the pool one day . After checking it was vaguely fit for sitting and then checking there was paper when he manouvred to shut and lock the cubicle door it came to his immediate attention that someone had sellotaped a human shit to the back of it :lol:

I'm not sure if it was upper, middle or lower but class nontheless !

I'm going out for a lovely family meal in about half an hour but if you want I'll fly back to Newcastle and drop off my girls in a kids home instead?

if you don't want your children to mix with criminals, they you deserve to bring them up.

The point remains. None of that means you're middle class. Wanting to better yourself is natural and millions succeed in doing it. Quoting a few poncey words doesnt mean theyll accept you into something like the Reform Club, where class means a huge amount. Are you associated with anything that gives a fuck who you're old man was?...if you are, thats to do with class. If not, thats to do with how youve turned out yourself.

well, i'm a member of the Labour Party (don't shoot me!!) as he was (him for 55 years, me for 30 so far). i'm a union branch official like he was (he got 60 years membership & his coffin carried by union members; me, i've been in my union for 25 years).

when i bought my first house, he said "that's a canny idea" & bought the house where i was brought up from the council (without a mortgage as he was always careful), before i'd even moved in to mine.

all i wanted to do was better myself i guess; i'm glad my son isn't growing up where i grew up i have to say...

:)

One of me best mates used to work in the Turnball warehouse on the quayside before it became flats .

He went to drop the kids off at the pool one day . After checking it was vaguely fit for sitting and then checking there was paper when he manouvred to shut and lock the cubicle door it came to his immediate attention that someone had sellotaped a human shit to the back of it :lol:

I'm not sure if it was upper, middle or lower but class nontheless !

Dorty bastards, but....

:lol: :lol:

well, i'm a member of the Labour Party (don't shoot me!!) as he was (him for 55 years, me for 30 so far). i'm a union branch official like he was (he got 60 years membership & his coffin carried by union members; me, i've been in my union for 25 years).

when i bought my first house, he said "that's a canny idea" & bought the house where i was brought up from the council (without a mortgage as he was always careful), before i'd even moved in to mine.

all i wanted to do was better myself i guess; i'm glad my son isn't growing up where i grew up i have to say...

which union if I may ask, Gene?

And it looks like Gene's blocked me, for saying he's a prole like the rest of us :lol:

Howman why are you literally posting (about) shit on here instead of enjoying your holiday?

LTB I think the bloke with the sellotape may be on secondment at BAE Portsmouth...