Where will we finish

JawD

Where then?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8th or 9th which I'd be quite happy with. We'll be nowhere near top 4, play Man Utd in the League Cup, and the top PL teams seem to take the FA Cup more seriously now so i'd rather we had a right good crack at the Europa League. Middlesbrough and Fulham have proved with a bit of luck and a canny draw even a middle of the road Premier League team (and we're better than that) can get to the Final and getting to the Final, in Amsterdam of all places, would be far better than anything we could achieve on the domestic front in my opinion. Just imagine it man!

• 2 months later...

Before a ball was kicked last season I predicted 6th the highest of anyone on here. This season because of the fattest most disgusting cunt of a chairman anyone has ever known, I'm predicting 12th at best. We needed two or three players as a matter of urgency, there's literally no back up worthy of the name in certain positions, and it's going to bite us on the arse big time. 10th-14th. I'll say 12th. If we don't beat Villa on Sunday there'll be a major down turn in public feeling already. He's a fat bastard. All hail King Mike for not selling any players. Wanks.

Talk about calling it right. Only LBT of the regular posters can say the same

I think getting top 8 this year while playing through the Europa League will be a good season like all things considered.

Bollocks.

Currently feels like 13th will be best we can hope. Hard to see past this slump atm

I stick by my initial prediction of 8th. I'm hoping that our recent form is as bad as it's going to get.

I do find it rather odd that anyone would take satisfaction in our current league position just because they 'predicted it'.

I stick by my initial prediction of 8th. I'm hoping that our recent form is as bad as it's going to get.

I do find it rather odd that anyone would take satisfaction in our current league position just because they 'predicted it'.

Well I have been to referred to as Leazes Junior. Of course I take no satisfaction, I wish we were top of the league by 6 points, but imo what has happened this season was an inevitability, I feel no better about NUFC today than I did when we were drawing 0-0 at home to Bristol City in the CCC, we're no further forward in real terms, I'll only have genuine hope for the future when Ashley fucks off. Ashley privately will be gutted, because players like Cabaye will have slightly depreciated in value in my view, that's all he'll care about.

I'd love to think he reads this board, you never know when he's bored one night he might think "waanda what thowse Norvun caants are syyin abaht me", and he stumbles across this forum, I hope he realises how little he is respected, how much he is disliked, and how the man on the street views him.

tbf there were 6 of you said lower than 10th...and a few of us who said 10th (which we're 2 points off and have spent half the season so far holding).

Let's not spunk our load just yet.

There's blood man.

Stevie's 6th prediction was made in June before any transfer activity had taken place, by the end of August / beginning of September he was criticising the club in nearly every post. He got it right though ;)

I'll make another prediction as well, next season you'll see general attendances of 38-44,000. We'll generate £30m+ from sales, and Graham Carr will come up with a few £5m snips we've never heard of. Profit, profit, profit.

My prediction was 11th, which was optimistic based on the fact that I thought pardew would be more adept at spotting what was/wasnt working.

As we stand now, we will struggle to get 20 points by christmas.

If we manage to steer clear of the relegation fight that would be good.

We got outplayed by southampton though, arguably the worst team in the division save for QPR.

Worrying.

Sinking like a stone.

Unless we get a couple of players who can contribute immediately and make a significant impact, then I see us winding up in the bottom four by the end of the year.

Cisse is absolute shite but whats more worrying is the total lack of ability of the players that could replace him. Unless pardew can get him playing, I don't think Ba will score enough goals to give us a fighting chance, and I don't see where else they'll come from given what we've seen so far.

Sniffer mate, Cisse is made shit by us - he is not suited to our style of play.

He is a striker in the Bent mould, off the shoulder of defenders and a poacher.

If you play it on the ground and get the oppositions defence moving, then he will shine.

As of now they can remain rigid and just pick out the hoofs and as such he will constantly find himself offside trying to get into positions.