Red bull(shit) stratos record.

wolfy

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What possible reason could there be to believe Felix's jump was faked other than sheer bloody mindedness?

What possible reason is there for anyone to believe a man can break the sound barrier in a stupid looking space suit, who can miraculously travel over 700mph free fall and 'brake' enough to deploy a parachute.

If you don't scrutinise things, then everything you see is real.

Most people will not question anything and just go with the amazement because they want to believe it.

That's fair enough, I don't have any issue with it to be honest, yet at the same time, those same people cannot tell me that I'm wrong and say that my opinions are baseless, whilst believing theirs are 100% bang on when they view something on the evidence of shitty clearly faked video.

If people don't look at stuff with a critical eye, then they cannot get a true picture.

That's fair enough, I don't have any issue with it to be honest, yet at the same time, those same people cannot tell me that I'm wrong and say that my opinions are baseless, whilst believing theirs are 100% bang on when they view something on the evidence of shitty clearly faked video.

Everything involves a certain degree of faith, yes, be it based on weighing up the probabilities and likelihoods or whatever else. Why can't you just get over that? Because you're convinced your faith is better than everyone else's. So basically you're a religious fundamentalist, and there's no point in even engaging with people like that, because they aren't capable of a rational, two-way conversation.

Minor point here Wolfy, he wasn't travelling at 700mph when his chute deployed.

He was at 5000ft, by which time the increased air resistance had slowed him to terminal velocity.

Which is the speed most freefallers deploy their chutes at.

Not wanting to piss on your chips with facts and rational thinking , but hey ;)

What possible reason is there for anyone to believe a man can break the sound barrier in a stupid looking space suit, who can miraculously travel over 700mph free fall and 'brake' enough to deploy a parachute.

If you don't scrutinise things, then everything you see is real.

Most people will not question anything and just go with the amazement because they want to believe it.

If people don't look at stuff with a critical eye, then they cannot get a true picture.

You don't look at things with a critical eye, you immediately state that everything is a lie, impossible and refuse to budge.

Millions of people watched him doing it. It was streamed online FOR FREE. Why fake it if you won't profit from it? Pretty hard to get a crystal clear image of a guy travelling at 700mph too. :lol:

If Red Bull hadn't provided the funding and he had miraculously financed this project by himself, would you believe it was true or would you still bluster about how no man can hit speeds like that in a 'stupid looking suit'. Did you inspect it yourself? Look into the development of a suit, it's fascinating stuff. So fascinating in fact that NASA have been watching this very closely.

As MF said, he reached terminal velocity during the fall. Air resistance (you know, friction - probably something else you don't believe in) slowed him down. Have you ever tried walking into a strong wind and felt the resistance slow you down? Even then, he still had a smaller chute to pull and control his freefall somewhat. You never seen a drag race where they deploy a chute to slow down? Or is that faked too?

Pretty crafty these Red Bullshit fatcats going so far as to invent the laws of physics for this massive chirade.

A wild stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing Wolfy also reckons that Kittinger's original 1960 jump was all fake.

Just wondering how they managed that in 1960?

How come over 50 years later they still have to use a balloon to get up so high? You'd think so-called technology would've advanced.

Everything involves a certain degree of faith, yes, be it based on weighing up the probabilities and likelihoods or whatever else. Why can't you just get over that? Because you're convinced your faith is better than everyone else's. So basically you're a religious fundamentalist, and there's no point in even engaging with people like that, because they aren't capable of a rational, two-way conversation.

Oh I am capable of rational two way conversation, just as you are or anyone else.

The problem arises when both parties have their own thoughts and both won;t be swayed either way.

So therefore, If my views are deemed pointless, then so are yours if that's your stance on me because you are going along with something on face value and will not have it questioned, yet I am questioning it because I rarely take any media shite on face value.

If you believe this man done this jump, 100% then you are no different to what you are accusing me of, which is I believe 100% that it's faked.

Now your argument could be, ' so what evidence do you have to say it's faked?, you just believe it's faked for no reason.'

Yet I can say the same to you as in, 'what evidence do you have to say it's real.' to which your only answer could be, ' because I watched it on screen.'

Well guess what, I watched superman on screen but luckily I had the common sense to know that he can't really fly.

Oh I am capable of rational two way conversation, just as you are or anyone else.

The problem arises when both parties have their own thoughts and both won;t be swayed either way.

So therefore, If my views are deemed pointless, then so are yours if that's your stance on me because you are going along with something on face value and will not have it questioned, yet I am questioning it because I rarely take any media shite on face value.

If you believe this man done this jump, 100% then you are no different to what you are accusing me of, which is I believe 100% that it's faked.

Now your argument could be, ' so what evidence do you have to say it's faked?, you just believe it's faked for no reason.'

Yet I can say the same to you as in, 'what evidence do you have to say it's real.' to which your only answer could be, ' because I watched it on screen.'

Well guess what, I watched superman on screen but luckily I had the common sense to know that he can't really fly.

Apart from the bit at the start where you claim that you can have a rational two way conversation, this post is a perfect description of why you can't have a rational two way conversation.

For religious fundamentalist, read stupid cunt.

Look, head on legs. You never seem to have much to say except to call people stupid cunts and such. Put some effort in at least and give me the full on treatment instead of being a stick insect and trying to look clever with your really hurtful comments like, stupid cunt. Hahahaha.

You are just pissed because I named you head on legs.

Look, head on legs. You never seem to have much to say except to call people stupid cunts and such. Put some effort in at least and give me the full on treatment instead of being a stick insect and trying to look clever with your really hurtful comments like, stupid cunt. Hahahaha.

You are just pissed because I named you head on legs.

:lol: Stop trying to look clever with your really hurtful comments.

Apart from the bit at the start where you claim that you can have a rational two way conversation, this post is a perfect description of why you can't have a rational two way conversation.

:lol: I was going to come up with a reply of my own, but it turns out I blindly and 100% agree with this one.

Minor point here Wolfy, he wasn't travelling at 700mph when his chute deployed.

He was at 5000ft, by which time the increased air resistance had slowed him to terminal velocity.

Which is the speed most freefallers deploy their chutes at.

Not wanting to piss on your chips with facts and rational thinking , but hey ;)

Yes, of course he slowed down to terminal velocity from over 700mph with a tiny drogue chute, of course he did.

I'll tell you what. Get on the back of a pick up truck and tell the driver to fly down the road at just 90mph, then deploy a little drogue chute from your back pack and see what forces act on your body.

Now times that by 7 up in the sky and you will find that you are heading towards the ground, minus your shoulders.

Don't try and tell me that a little drogue chute can arrest a mans fall doing over 700mph in that time frame for him to be able to deploy a parachute, because it's crap.

The reason why they showed you the so called bloke as a yellow spinning blob is because it's fake.

The reason they showed you him opening his main chute as a yellow image in a black background, is because it's fake.

The reason why they showed you hazy pictures of him in the light, is because it's fake.

The reason they switched to brilliantly clear footage at a few thousand feet, is because he jumped from a helicopter at a certain height and that's that.

The ground camera's can miraculously film the balloon at over 100,000 feet in a clear sky and as clear as you like, yet the camera on the capsule shows you the blackness of space.

You don't look at things with a critical eye, you immediately state that everything is a lie, impossible and refuse to budge.

Millions of people watched him doing it. It was streamed online FOR FREE. Why fake it if you won't profit from it? Pretty hard to get a crystal clear image of a guy travelling at 700mph too. :lol:

If Red Bull hadn't provided the funding and he had miraculously financed this project by himself, would you believe it was true or would you still bluster about how no man can hit speeds like that in a 'stupid looking suit'. Did you inspect it yourself? Look into the development of a suit, it's fascinating stuff. So fascinating in fact that NASA have been watching this very closely.

As MF said, he reached terminal velocity during the fall. Air resistance (you know, friction - probably something else you don't believe in) slowed him down. Have you ever tried walking into a strong wind and felt the resistance slow you down? Even then, he still had a smaller chute to pull and control his freefall somewhat. You never seen a drag race where they deploy a chute to slow down? Or is that faked too?

Pretty crafty these Red Bullshit fatcats going so far as to invent the laws of physics for this massive chirade.

N.A.S.A are looking into his space suit. Hahahaha.

This alone should set alarm bells ringing.

Are you saying that this bloke, along with red bull, designed this suit that just so happens to make N.A.S.A's super space suits of the (fake) moon landing era look primitive.

Do you see how ridiculous this is?

Oh and I agree a drogue chute can slow down things, of course it can. Now when that felix evolves into a fucking dragster then I'll take another look at it.

700, plus mph from a near vacuum, Jesus man, I can't believe people buy into this shit, I really can't.

A wild stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing Wolfy also reckons that Kittinger's original 1960 jump was all fake.

Just wondering how they managed that in 1960?

He didn't manage it in the 60's, it's all bullshit man.

You don;t know what rational is you leggy sweetheart you. ;)

I'll tell you what. Get on the back of a pick up truck and tell the driver to fly down the road at just 90mph, then deploy a little drogue chute from your back pack and see what forces act on your body.

How do seat belts work then?

How do seat belts work then?

What's seat belts got to do with anything?

Wolfy is a forum bot btw before anyone gets carried away.

You know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD, you know fine well I'm not JawD. ;)