James McClean

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneill probably just didn't think it went with his tracksuit. The Mackems are 1-0 up btw. Let's hope Everton can turn it round

Everton and Stoke fucking up my bets.

re: the Poppy thing, the Everton shirts have the poppy sewn into the strip

Over 200,000 Irishmen fought in WW1, and over 30,000 didn't come home.

Someone should remind McClean of this, and the fact that Poppies are worn in remembrance those men, not the governments involved. ( Whilst forcing a poppy down his fucking throat. )

Over 200,000 Irishmen fought in WW1, and over 30,000 didn't come home.

Someone should remind McClean of this, and the fact that Poppies are worn in remembrance those men, not the governments involved. ( Whilst forcing a poppy down his fucking throat. )

I think the problem is that the poppy has come to represent the British military in general and the funds raised go to the RBL. Given that he's from Derry and the British army had a history of 'misbehaviour' there is more than likely the reason he declined to wear it. Still a dickhead like.

Is he even old enough to have experienced any of that in Derry?

He probably didn't experience the worst of it but obviously he'll have been told of the stories and influenced by friends and family who did experience it.

I imagine that if McLean is making some sort of point, he'd view those who joined up (of their own free will, plans for conscription in Ireland went a long way to encouraging the German-backed Michael Collns et al in the oppurtunistic 1918 rebellion) as traitors. But if he also thinks that in a German dominated Western Europe he'd have enjoy the freedom of choice that is his and allows him to choose not to wear a poppy then he's a fuckin idiot.

Edited by PaddockLad

I think the problem is that the poppy has come to represent the British military in general and the funds raised go to the RBL. Given that he's from Derry and the British army had a history of 'misbehaviour' there is more than likely the reason he declined to wear it. Still a dickhead like.

Fair point, I do realise its contentious over the water, but it didn't seem to be an issue with any of the other Irish lads on the field today.

I'll be interested to see if he wears one next year.

Fair point, I do realise its contentious over the water, but it didn't seem to be an issue with any of the other Irish lads on the field today.

I'll be interested to see if he wears one next year.

It's less of an issue than it used to be, we've had the SDLP leader wearing one and this year a TD in the Dail wore one as a symbolic gesture. It's shit like this that keeps the issue alive. Very few would've had a problem with him wearing one, even Celtic have worn the poppy on their shirts (though that didn't go down too well).

What a total cunt. For one, as someone pointed out, he was ne'er but a sperm in his daddies testes the last time someone in Derry got the good news from a British SLR, and second, does the ignorant cunt not realise just how many people in Sunderland, the club he supposedly represents, and the people who pay his wages, have relatives who've been killed or injured on active service in the British Army (which includes Afghan etc). Mackems to a man should be ashamed to count this fucker as one of them.

Might be the "character" behind me in Brugge who was singing "if it wasnt for the English you'd be krauts"...I turned round to check out this no doubt noted historian and observed that this sort of thing meant SO much to him that he'd forgotten to wear a poppy, stood there less than an hours drive from Ypres.

Edited by PaddockLad

I just love Poppy fascists - I don't care if the kids thick or has a "good reason" its still his choice.

It is a total lack of respect, and anyone who doesn't wear one is a cunt, or in McLeans case an IRA supporting cunt.

I just love Poppy fascists - I don't care if the kids thick or has a "good reason" its still his choice.

I largely agree, but without the sacrifice of millions in the last century none of us would get the choice. Not much to ask and if he's from Derry am sure he has his reasons, but still. He's taking hundreds of thousands a year in salary from an English team, wheres his fuckin princples there?