Judge me after 10 games........

Christmas Tree

:lol:

Come on man, his decisions piss me off at times too but let's not play 'I have a much superior knowledge of football to a Premier League manager and former player.' Didn't watch the game live (was at Blundell Park) but from the highlights we were slightly the better team and got unlucky. It happens.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man, his decisions piss me off at times too but let's not play 'I have a much superior knowledge of football to a Premier League manager and former player.' Didn't watch the game live (was at Blundell Park) but from the highlights we were slightly the better team and got unlucky. It happens.

Im not saying I have superior fotball knowledge to Pardew. Im saying most of the PL managers do by the looks of it.

This is not a recent malaise, the signs where there for all to see even last season where alot of scrapy wins papered over the cracks.

Long-term, if you dont play decent fotball eventually luck catches up to you.

SBR said it best when he stated that results and luck are temporary and cant be relied upon, its all in the performance. Play well and the results will come. If you have a clear philosophy eventually you will come through.

This years performances are no different than last seasons, except we are not getting lucky wins anymore. Actually it could be argued we are getting the results we deserve...

Coupled with an underwhelming summer and continental players fed up with being lied to about playing style and chronic whiplashes from all the hoofballs and there you have it.

Feed into the "player X is missing " every time we play and you miss the glaring truth. Its a philosophical and system issue, it has nothing to do with 1 or 2 players missing. Hell, every PL team struggle with this every week. They dont turtle up as a result.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

If we insist on giving Pardew more time, we might end up with our star players deciding they wont put up with this philosophy anymore and want out. So for the ones believing Pardew can still turn it around, please realise that there is a downside - namely all of our best players deciding Newcastle is not for them anymore. Act proactively and they might still want to stick around. Is it worth the gamble?

Would you rather have Alan Pardew than Ben Arfa and Cisse?

What you need to realise is that keeping pardew long term might just as well drive away all of our best players instead of providing stability.

I am not principally opposed to the hoofball he tries to serve up, if you do it well and have the players for it ( allardyce and west ham being one example).

What we are seeing here though, is a transfer blueprint that revolves around small agile continental players used to keeping it on the ground - and a manager who wants the team to hoof it long. Its bound to fail.

A short list... well if we found a manager with a passing preference that would be a great start.

What you need to realise is that keeping pardew long term might just as well drive away all of our best players instead of providing stability.

I am not principally opposed to the hoofball he tries to serve up, if you do it well and have the players for it ( allardyce and west ham being one example).

What we are seeing here though, is a transfer blueprint that revolves around small agile continental players used to keeping it on the ground - and a manager who wants the team to hoof it long. Its bound to fail.

A short list... well if we found a manager with a passing preference that would be a great start.

No, you want him gone now. Who would you like as his replacement?

Yes I want him gone as I dont have any faith in him anymore. At no point in his managerial career has he proven that he

A, can invoke a fluid passing game

B, can bring long-term success to the club

If you ask fans of his previous clubs about him they will say that he starts out well, comes across as charming in interviews and preaches about keeping it on the ground. Then they will tell you that what he in reality brings is hoofball, an inability to turn things around once they go sour and usually things go tits up in the second season. Sound familiar?

Martin Jol is a far better manager. Martinez Wigan side is shaping up despite being ran on buttons. Steve Clarkes West brom is looking far better than us this season despite being a nothing club in comparison.

Hell I would even take Redknapp at this point, at least he offers attractive and interesting fotball.

Now, would any of these names work for Ashley? Arguably not, but NUFC is a big name still.

Pardew's now played half a dozen more games than Roeder and his win ratio and points ratio are both lower ...

Win ratio

Roeder - 45.8%

Pardew - 40%

Points Ratio

Roeder - 52.8%

Pardew - 49.8%

Taking the cups out of it, Pardew does have a better league record...just....on points won, if not games won...

Premier League Win ratio

Roeder - 40.4%

Pardew - 38.9%

Premier League Points Ratio

Pardew - 49.1%

Roeder - 47.4%

Jol: Given millions to spend at Spurs, did ok, Europe most seasons. Would he get that finance at NUFC without having to sell?...you can bet your life that Ashley expected to seel Tiote and Ba last summer. Thats the main reason we didnt get anyone bar Anita.

Martinez: got a bigger budget than Pardew, can just about keep Wigan in the division.

Redknapp: already turned Ashley down 4 years ago, tactically shite.

anyone else?.....anyone who would actually be willing to work for Ashley?...

Its not even about results anymore for me. I just want to enjoy a NUFC game once in a while, watch some decent fotball and passing going around.

Every single game for nearly two years now have been about hanging on by the ropes either clawing for a 1-0 win or a draw.

A dominating performance versus a weaker team would do me nicely..

Its not even about results anymore for me. I just want to enjoy a NUFC game once in a while, watch some decent fotball and passing going around.

Every single game for nearly two years now have been about hanging on by the ropes either clawing for a 1-0 win or a draw.

A dominating performance versus a weaker team would do me nicely..

You're one of them mythical Newcastle fans I've never met that prefers to lose a game 4-3 than to win it 1-0?

Jol: Given millions to spend at Spurs, did ok, Europe most seasons. Would he get that finance at NUFC without having to sell?...you can bet your life that Ashley expected to seel Tiote and Ba last summer. Thats the main reason we didnt get anyone bar Anita.

Martinez: got a bigger budget than Pardew, can just about keep Wigan in the division.

Redknapp: already turned Ashley down 4 years ago, tactically shite.

anyone else?.....anyone who would actually be willing to work for Ashley?...

Tottenham rinced us 5-0 at WHL last season under redknapp, wonder whos the most tactically clueless one of the two :lol:

Keeping wigan in the PL with the amount of bloodletting going on there every year is a miracle, they have no right to be there.

Redknapp tactically shite :lol: he led spurs to 4-5-4th in three consecutive seasons from being relegation fodder, now arguably Jol did part of the turn-around there but they are both VASTLY superior managers to Alan pardew.

In case you didnt know, we havent come back from behind in TWO years, we have never turned a game around under pardew.

if we concede a goal first, thats it. Done. Game over. No coming back. The players seem to know this by now.

Whos tactically the most clueless, I wonder.