Judge me after 10 games........

Christmas Tree

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Ba volley wondergoal from a hoof, a freekick and an own goal.

That result was a 1 in a 100.

Such a one-off we released it on DVD :lol:

Nah, soz like. You make some fair points re: Pardew but that's just bollocks writing it off like. We pretty much dominated them from the off in that game. Yes, we were direct but that was the way to get at them. We also pressed them all over the pitch. The tactics were absolutely perfect for getting a positive result against that Man Utd side. The tacky marketing by the club afterwards is neither here nor there.

Edited by Alex

Tottenham rinced us 5-0 at WHL last season under redknapp, wonder whos the most tactically clueless one of the two :lol:

Keeping wigan in the PL with the amount of bloodletting going on there every year is a miracle, they have no right to be there.

Redknapp tactically shite :lol: he led spurs to 4-5-4th in three consecutive seasons from being relegation fodder, now arguably Jol did part of the turn-around there but they are both VASTLY superior managers to Alan pardew.

In case you didnt know, we havent come back from behind in TWO years, we have never turned a game around under pardew.

if we concede a goal first, thats it. Done. Game over. No coming back. The players seem to know this by now.

Whos tactically the most clueless, I wonder.

Good opinions. Still doenst alter the fact that none of them would work for Ashley. Now, if Pardew (5th place last season, above Jol and Martinez) is not good enough, name someone who is and would galdly work for Ashley. Come on cocknose, all this fake whingeing has got to lead somwhere, or your masterplan for success at NUFC is doomed to failure. Lets hear who would leave their club and work for the (in)famous Mike Ashley....

Nah, soz like. You make some fair points re: Pardew but that's just bollocks writing it off like. We pretty much dominated them from that game. Yes, we were direct but that was the way to get at them. We also pressed them all over the pitch. The tactics were absolutely perfect for getting a positive result against that Man Utd side. The tacky marketing by the club afterwards is neither here nor there.

Tbf he probably didn't bother watching the game.

I agree that game was very good, we highlighted Man Utds weaknesses which are in particular Central mid and tiote and cabaye were both on their game that day. But they are far and inbetween really, and lets not forget many of the lesser teams take scalpes each year. west brom took chelseas last week just to mention the most recent one.

My point re the goals is that none of them came from proper build-up play - which is something I doubt we will ever see under pardew.

Its a wondergoal here, freekick there, hoof and flick on perhaps...

Actually I'd say that CB was as big an area of weakness because of Vidic not playing and Ferdinand not being the player he was and two of the goals came from targetting that area.

Good opinions. Still doenst alter the fact that none of them would work for Ashley. Now, if Pardew (5th place last season, above Jol and Martinez) is not good enough, name someone who is and would galdly work for Ashley. Come on cocknose, all this fake whingeing has got to lead somwhere, or your masterplan for success at NUFC is doomed to failure. Lets hear who would leave their club and work for the (in)famous Mike Ashley....

Tbh neither you nor I know for a fact who will and who wont work for ashley, and I think we need to put that 5th place finish behind us and look forward - because it doesnt look like we are going to repeat it. If past achievements were something you could live on Roeder would still be in charge.

The arguement about noone else but pardew wanting to work for ashley is bollocks like. Yes transfer spending is likely to be somewhat limited but we have a great squad, 50.000 fans every other week and the chance to work for one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Ashley isnt the dream employer but you make it out to be some kind of Urias post which is definately isnt.

With our current squad we should be able to play alot better than what we do now and lack of defensive cover does not in any way explain our clueless tactics this fall.

Look, the way you are refering to Jol and martinez you seem to be of the opinion that they are both inferior managers to pardew and also that they have no interest in working for us.

The latter is an incredibly pessimistic view of the attractiveness of our club, but if you genuinely believe we have absolutely no pulling power whatsoever then I can somewhat understand why you seem so reluctant to get rid of pardew.

I think we can get someone better, you dont - and both views are in my opinion perfectly fine. Just a difference of opinion.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Yes but Ben arfa is ben arfa, has little to do with pardew. Imagine our build-up play with him out.

Non-existent.

Ben Arfa on Saturday was a whole different kettle of fish to Ben Arfa this time last year....and it wasn't even one of his better games, his final product was wank.

I watch Fulham, West brom, everton from time to time - and often I enjoy it as I dont mind oogling good fotball.

I think to myself " that is some lovely passing, why cant we play like this?"

There are two possible answers to that question.

Answer 1: Our players are not good enough to play like that

Answer 2: Our manager is not able to make them play like that

So which one is it?

Pardew wasnt playing Ben Arfa this time last year. He played v Brighton in the cup in January and was the worst player at any level of football in East and West Sussex that day. He was in and out of the side and it wasnt till the spring that Pardew got the best out of him.

I watch Fulham, West brom, everton from time to time - and often I enjoy it as I dont mind oogling good fotball.

I think to myself " that is some lovely passing, why cant we play like this?"

There are two possible answers to that question.

Answer 1: Our players are not good enough to play like that

Answer 2: Our manager is not able to make them play like that

So which one is it?

3. The best players who we relied upon last year have been either injured, suspended, or had their heads turned and cant be arsed this season. Or in some cases all 3 at the same time (Tiote)

5th place last season buys Pardew time to sort the obvious problems we have this season. All the fake whingeing in the world wont change that.

:lol:

Jol: Given millions to spend at Spurs, did ok, Europe most seasons. Would he get that finance at NUFC without having to sell?...you can bet your life that Ashley expected to seel Tiote and Ba last summer. Thats the main reason we didnt get anyone bar Anita.

Martinez: got a bigger budget than Pardew, can just about keep Wigan in the division.

Redknapp: already turned Ashley down 4 years ago, tactically shite.

anyone else?.....anyone who would actually be willing to work for Ashley?...

Michael Laudrup.

If we are in the relegation zone come christmas, will you re-evaluate?

Most likely not because I think the way Ashley goes about it this sort of thing there is always a chance this will happen. We've already been relegated under him with the most expensive squad in history, and we had 4 coaches that year. For the budget last season we overacheived massively. Cabaye for 4 mill underpriced him by 6 million. If the likes of him get his head turned by a club offering a more attractive package than whats on offer here and you fail to take account of it (i.e. bringing their replacements in while theyre still at the club) then doing it this way is a very tricky game.

Changing the coach isnt going to make the players who are feeling sorry for themselves play better if their minds are made up and, its down to Ashley to take account of that. I think we'll see a couple of players leave, one of Ba or Cisse most likely, which will free the other one to play in the 433. Fair chance Cabaye's off, too many clubs making eyes at him for him to resist. Thing is, we'll only bring in like for like, no extras. Sell to buy.

We're away at manu and Arsenal over christmas so I agree, we're in a dodgy old posistion if things dont pick up before then. So 11 points from the next 5 league games is what we really need. Beat Southampton, Wigan and QPR, draws at Fulham and Stoke. Should be easy on paper, but Ipswich got in the UEFA cup in 2000 by finishing 5th and were relegated 12 months later so it can happen. I think we'll wheel and deal in January and try to solve our problems that way though.

You seem to be concerened at the quality of football on offer most though. You're ignoring the history of the club there though when for 90% of the time the fans have given unbeleiveable support to some fuckin awful sides and some equally bad managers. Allardyce got a standing ovation at Stoke from us, 2 days before he was sacked. You dont see this though,(allagedly) sat in an igloo playing Football Manager. Its a lot more complicated than "sack him hes shit".

You are right im more about the fotball than the results. 12th on its own is fine with me, I dont mind being midtable.

But I just dont understand why we cant equal say fulham in terms of some lovely attacking fotball.

Boring my tits off to watch all the hoofing, maybe being OOT im not enough of a fan to appreciate NUFC playing regardless of how poorly we pass the ball around... just want something to be excited about other than ben arfa..

You are right im more about the fotball than the results. 12th on its own is fine with me, I dont mind being midtable.

But I just dont understand why we cant equal say fulham in terms of some lovely attacking fotball.

Boring my tits off to watch all the hoofing, maybe being OOT im not enough of a fan to appreciate NUFC playing regardless of how poorly we pass the ball around... just want something to be excited about other than ben arfa..

I do think it's a fair question to wonder why we can't play football (or at least attempt) to at least the standard of the like of Fulham or West Brom (hell even West Ham have looked more attractive than us this season).

We have better players than these teams have so we should be capable! I fully agree with the point that we've missed so many of our key players and that will obviously hamper our performances (you'd have to be an idiot to ignore this) but we seem to have given up even try to play any football at the moment. You have to ask why that is.

the only time i was truely convinced of Pardew was when he first took over from CH, when he first took over we went from somewhat direct play of CH to some great mixture of passing and attacking game with some directness thrown in. It was a period in this latter half of the season when i thought wow, this guy knows what he's doing , but sadly that turned out to be a honeymoon period, the following next season, yes we finished 5th but our football style has deteriated into route one defend deep and hit on the break with long balls, didn't complain too much as it got results. I wasn't even that convinced with that handful of games when we played well towards the end of last season, it was pretty much open season against teams that didnt have anything to play for but we did by trying to get that 4th spot.

there were big warning signs, getting smashed by teams like fulham and wigan during that season, showed when Pardew wanted to deploy an attacking line-up it just falls on its arse. Pardew has got no clue when it comes to tactic in regards to attack.