Newcastle v Maritimo

Gene_Clark

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for certain, and that's Leazes will be saying he was right all along, and he has been.

Ian, we had a bad injury list when we lost 3-1 at WBA, Nolan who was a key figure that season was missing, as was HBA. I wrote on here 8 weeks before he was sacked, Pardew was taking over, the 1-0 at Arsenal and 5-1 against the mackems merely delayed things.

One thing is for certain, and that's Leazes will be saying he was right all along, and he has been.

Ian, we had a bad injury list when we lost 3-1 at WBA, Nolan who was a key figure that season was missing, as was HBA. I wrote on here 8 weeks before he was sacked, Pardew was taking over, the 1-0 at Arsenal and 5-1 against the mackems merely delayed things.

Nope

Nope

Shut up old man. There are 8 year old kids who know more about Newcastle United than you do.

Cue some made up story about someone he met on an oil rig.

Edited by McFaul

Stevie, appreciate what you're saying; just saying that we could be as rudderless & impotent under Hughton as we've been for the majority of this season.

The current problems are all to do with the failure to add to the squad in the summer; Pardew needs to win some games fairly soon to keep dissent quiet & stop January's window being panic stations.

Left back, centre half, striker - not rocket science....

Stevie, appreciate what you're saying; just saying that we could be as rudderless & impotent under Hughton as we've been for the majority of this season.

The current problems are all to do with the failure to add to the squad in the summer; Pardew needs to win some games fairly soon to keep dissent quiet & stop January's window being panic stations.

Left back, centre half, striker - not rocket science....

I agree. I didn't miss a game in the 1990/1991 season, and honestly this season has been like watching Barcelona in comparison to the dark days at the end of Jim Smith's reign, but I can say with absolute certainty and clarity I'd have rather had Kevin Scott at centre half than Williamson. Centre back is priority then a striker.

Does it really matter?

I agree. I didn't miss a game in the 1990/1991 season, and honestly this season has been like watching Barcelona in comparison to the dark days at the end of Jim Smith's reign, but I can say with absolute certainty and clarity I'd have rather had Kevin Scott at centre half than Williamson. Centre back is priority then a striker.

1990/1991 is the absolute gold medal of shite; far worse than the relegation seasons, as at least they provided a kind of unifying anger

the successive 0-0 games v Brighton, Wolves & Bristol City (not sure if that's right order) were the worst games ever.

the oxford abandonment & replayed game - "where were you when we were shit?" i was there - twice!!

1990/1991 is the absolute gold medal of shite; far worse than the relegation seasons, as at least they provided a kind of unifying anger

the successive 0-0 games v Brighton, Wolves & Bristol City (not sure if that's right order) were the worst games ever.

the oxford abandonment & replayed game - "where were you when we were shit?" i was there - twice!!

I specifically remember the Wolves game because Stimson was so shite, the entire crowd rose as one and applauded the referees decision to send him off. I bet people think I'm exaggerating, but there was not one dissenting voice, man, woman, and child all were delighted.

I specifically remember the Wolves game because Stimson was so shite, the entire crowd rose as one and applauded the referees decision to send him off. I bet people think I'm exaggerating, but there was not one dissenting voice, man, woman, and child all were delighted.

and Paul Moran deflecting a certain goal from Quinn over the bar from 2 yards out at the Leazes End; as bad as Dillon missing at the same end from almost on the line v Swindon on Boxing Day

honestly, the only good home game was the 3-2 win over Oldham after Ardiles was appointed

You're making me feel very young, keep it up.

You dodged a bullet missing this season. Absolutely horrendous, turgid ;) and boring played in front of our worst average crowd that I've ever known and everyone still shellshocked by how the previous season ended. (90 mins away from possibly being Div 2 champions yet getting beat 4-1 at Boro who needed a win to avoid the 3rd division then a decent 0-0 at Roker before the gut wrenching 0-2 defeat to the Mackems which sent them to Wembley and the 1st division despite getting twatted in the final thanks to fucking Lou Macari's bet that his then Swindon team would get a howking in a cup game v a Gazza inspired NUFC a couple of years previous). This season was as bad as it can possibly get.

and Paul Moran deflecting a certain goal from Quinn over the bar from 2 yards out at the Leazes End; as bad as Dillon missing at the same end from almost on the line v Swindon on Boxing Day

honestly, the only good home game was the 3-2 win over Oldham after Ardiles was appointed

I remember the Paul Moran miss at the leazes end, but are you sure it was against Wolves. He was so shit the game he played at home, he was hauled off at half time. I read something in later years that he'd been on the drink with Gazza the night before who was here cos he was injured, and had a terrible hangover. The 3-2 win was good, Oldham were the best side in the division that season, but the Sheffield Wednesday win was excellent, they'd just beaten Man Utd in the League Cup Final and we thought we'd get stuffed.

You dodged a bullet missing this season. Absolutely horrendous, turgid ;) and boring played in front of our worst average crowd that I've ever known and everyone still shellshocked by how the previous season ended. (90 mins away from possibly being Div 2 champions yet getting beat 4-1 at Boro who needed a win to avoid the 3rd division then a decent 0-0 at Roker before the gut wrenching 0-2 defeat to the Mackems which sent them to Wembley and the 1st division despite getting twatted in the final thanks to fucking Lou Macari's bet that his then Swindon team would get a howking in a cup game v a Gazza inspired NUFC a couple of years previous). This season was as bad as it can possibly get.

It hurts even more when you're 12 years of age, I cried all night after the mackems. McGhee and Quinn were superb that season though, but the next season McGhee seemed to lose it, was injured a lot and Quinn's already ample derby and arse seemed to go to Cruddas Park 26 year old mam of three fatness levels.

It hurts even more when you're 12 years of age, I cried all night after the mackems. McGhee and Quinn were superb that season though, but the next season McGhee seemed to lose it, was injured a lot and Quinn's already ample derby and arse seemed to go to Cruddas Park 26 year old mam of three fatness levels.

I was at Vale Park (biggest pitch in the league at the time), when Quinny lobbed the keeper from outside the box for a 1-0 win and we started off ok that year but a loss v west ham at home followed by (I think) Millwall was the start of mediocrity with a capital M. Fucking Notts County came up and beat us 2-0 and tried to take the piss which was shameful and I was right next to the fuckers in the Leazes that day.

I tell you how wank we were generally between 1988 and 1992, I honestly believed in my heart of hearts we weren't as big a club as Sheffield Wednesday, Man City, West Ham, Villa, Nottingham Forest and I certainly didn't think we were bigger than the mackems or Boro. Granted I didn't appreciate our history like I do today, but all I'd seen till that point was total shite, with the odd Gazza/Beardsley inspired mid table classic. People have can't truly and fully what Keegan did for NUFC without experiencing those years, which is why I consider people who choose to slate him over his last spell as scumbags.

I was at Vale Park (biggest pitch in the league at the time), when Quinny lobbed the keeper from outside the box for a 1-0 win and we started off ok that year but a loss v west ham at home followed by (I think) Millwall was the start of mediocrity with a capital M. Fucking Notts County came up and beat us 2-0 and tried to take the piss which was shameful and I was right next to the fuckers in the Leazes that day.

Notts County could've beaten us 10-0 that day, Tommy Johnson, Martin Kuhl, Craig Short, and that midfielder who went on to play for Villa were far, far better than us. Notts fucking County. Bristol Rovers gave us a home hiding as well, Gerry Francis as manager.