Newcastle v Maritimo

Gene_Clark

I've just checked our injuries after last night it adds up to the following according to the BBC, add that to suspensions in various competitions & we're running a skeleton crew.

Newcastle's injured players

• Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring)
  • Papiss Cisse (thigh)
  • Ryan Taylor (knee)
  • Dan Gosling (knee)
  • Yohan Cabaye (groin)
  • Haris Vuckic (knee)
  • Shola Ameobi (groin)
  • Jonas Gutierrez (knee)
  • James Perch (thigh)
  • Adam Campbell (neck)

By the way the crowd was wank last night. Shit numbers, shit support & the usual songs from Strawberry corner - or as it's now known - the Sunderland section FTM.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left just before the end last night so missed the decision on whether to boo or not. I don't suppose I would have given the fact we'd just qualified with a game to spare. But I can understand those who did. Missing players or not the quality of football last night night (and all season so far) was dreadful. I heard some people on on the way out complaining about those who booed, saying how can people boo this in Europa cup when we were where we were four years ago. I would counter that by saying, four years ago we played better football than we are now!

I've just checked our injuries after last night it adds up to the following according to the BBC, add that to suspensions in various competitions & we're running a skeleton crew.

Newcastle's injured players

• Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring)
  • Papiss Cisse (thigh)
  • Ryan Taylor (knee)
  • Dan Gosling (knee)
  • Yohan Cabaye (groin)
  • Haris Vuckic (knee)
  • Shola Ameobi (groin)
  • Jonas Gutierrez (knee)
  • James Perch (thigh)
  • Adam Campbell (neck)

By the way the crowd was wank last night. Shit numbers, shit support & the usual songs from Strawberry corner - or as it's now known - the Sunderland section FTM.

You're spot on there like. And I was as bad as anyone. My apathy knew no bounds!

Couldn't believe what I was hearing when they came out with "your support is fucking shit".

Embarrassing.

We're lacking creativity that's for sure & Ba/Cisse on the same pitch simply doesn't work without one of them making a sacrifice to turn provider. The football went out the window when Hatem went off & sadly he seemed to be taking it easy.

It's not simple as Pardew saying 442/433. Tactics aren't that simple, for instance a 4-4-2 diamond can be a 433 in attack etc etc. We'll work it out but we need to be patient with it, we're acting like spoiled brats & every bit as bad as the divine righters of clubs like Liverpool who we take the piss out of.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing when they came out with "your support is fucking shit".

Embarrassing.

That & their Sunderland medley is terrible. It's a club from a small island off the coast of portugal - meanwhile we had 30'000 empty seats at £15 a ticket.

Our support is fucking shit.

Basically the first 10-12 games this season is last seasons first few without the luck - although the squad is stronger. We all knew the squad was small, we knew this last year but we were fortunate with suspensions & injuries, this season has been almost the polar opposite in that regard. You're behaving like a right little fanny, just turn up & get on with it. I don't suppose you were one of the arseholes booing last night?

You simplify every situation so you can draw the maximum attention out of it. Oh to be a house husband....

Always nice when you pop in. :)

We'll work it out but we need to be patient with it

Unfortunately there is no empirical evidence to suggest Pardew is the man for turning things around once they go sour. In fact, fans of his previous clubs claim the opposite. Patience is only a virtue if something good comes out of it, could just as easily go the other way.

We havent come back from going under 0-1 in two years with pardew at the helm.

If he cant even turn around a fucking fotball match, whats to suggest he can fix a barn full of poo which is what our club look like atm?

Unfortunately there is no empirical evidence to suggest Pardew is the man for turning things around once they go sour. In fact, fans of his previous clubs claim the opposite. Patience is only a virtue if something good comes out of it, could just as easily go the other way.

We havent come back from going under 0-1 in two years with pardew at the helm.

If he cant even turn around a fucking fotball match, whats to suggest he can fix a barn full of poo which is what our club look like atm?

What sort of evidence are you after? Precedent?

Last season we picked up 1 point in 3 games from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom.

We conceded 5 at spurs to start a run where we collected 2 points in 4 games that included Wolves and the Mackems.

Still went on a barnstorming run once Cisse arrived.

I think what this season so far has shown is that it's all good and well buying young talent and nurturing them into the first team ala Krul/Carroll. But you can't expect to field a load of kids at once and expect them to play at an exceptionally high standard. Sammy, Shane, Tav, Bigi, Amalfitano etc. are clearly not ready to play week in, week out yet they are all we have available outside of the first XI currently atm

What sort of evidence are you after? Precedent?

Last season we picked up 1 point in 3 games from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom.

We conceded 5 at spurs to start a run where we collected 2 points in 4 games that included Wolves and the Mackems.

Still went on a barnstorming run once Cisse arrived.

Previous club experiences to suggest pardew is adept at going through rough patches and coming back on top again.

In fact Im not gonna sugarcoat it.

He is a shit manager who is out of his depth, total clown.

And what this season shows has nothing to do with Kids Flab69, it has to do with a very negative mindset affecting the entire group.

I couldn't live my life like CT, life for the Boldon bloater is either Armageddon or Rapture.

I note the Norwegian mental only turns up when our form isn't superb. Calling for Pardew's head ffs, it's evidence of an utterly ruptured mind. Perhaps too many foreign substances floating around his body are interrupting his cognitive process.

People are stupid. smh

So you are still backing pardew I reckon? Looking forward to ressurecting your post 6 months from now Fish.

I was right last year, Im right now. The man is a fraud and knows sweet FA about fotball.

He only knows how to kick it longer than the other team.

So you are still backing pardew I reckon? Looking forward to ressurecting your post 6 months from now Fish.

I was right last year, Im right now. The man is a fraud and knows sweet FA about fotball.

He only knows how to kick it longer than the other team.

I'm not a Pardew super-fan, I see his flaws, I'm not however, taken your path of self-flagellating with a strip of twine made from the pubic hairs of my victims.

Pardew clearly, CLEARLY knows more than sweet FA about football. Otherwise we'd not have finished 5th. Could a better manager have taken us further? Perhaps. Could Steve Bruce have taken us to 5th? No, no he couldn't. So unless you're saying that nobody other than Ferguson, Wenger etc know more than Sweet FA about football, you're talking utter, utter shit.

Your petulant squealing is a massive over-reaction to the current state of the club. Histrionics that put Justin Bieber fans to shame.

It seems you delight in disappointment? Is this a Norwegian trait? Is this why your suicide rates are so high?

Previous club experiences to suggest pardew is adept at going through rough patches and coming back on top again.

In fact Im not gonna sugarcoat it.

He is a shit manager who is out of his depth, total clown.

And what this season shows has nothing to do with Kids Flab69, it has to do with a very negative mindset affecting the entire group.

What I will say is that Hughton's quality at building a team that were fighting for each other is becoming more evident and more undone with each passing game.

Hughton seemed to use the turmoil at the club to inject some self respect into the players. He used the shambolic performance of everyone above him at the club to inspire the players to succeed despite them. Collectively.

Pardew is too keen to defend Ashley in his policies which many in the team are evidently opposed to. He can't keep his players fighting for his cause when it's not a footballing one but a business one. He'll need to act quickly to assure the players he's fighting their corner rather than the chairmans, or he'll lose them completely.

January will be another vital window.

What I will say is that Hughton's quality at building a team that were fighting for each other is becoming more evident and more undone with each passing game.

Hughton seemed to use the turmoil at the club to inject some self respect into the players. He used the shambolic performance of everyone above him at the club to inspire the players to succeed despite them. Collectively.

Pardew is too keen to defend Ashley in his policies which many in the team are evidently opposed to. He can't keep his players fighting for his cause when it's not a footballing one but a business one. He'll need to act quickly to assure the players he's fighting their corner rather than the chairmans, or he'll lose them completely.

I agree with all that.

I'm not a Pardew super-fan, I see his flaws, I'm not however, taken your path of self-flagellating with a strip of twine made from the pubic hairs of my victims.

Pardew clearly, CLEARLY knows more than sweet FA about football. Otherwise we'd not have finished 5th. Could a better manager have taken us further? Perhaps. Could Steve Bruce have taken us to 5th? No, no he couldn't. So unless you're saying that nobody other than Ferguson, Wenger etc know more than Sweet FA about football, you're talking utter, utter shit.

Your petulant squealing is a massive over-reaction to the current state of the club. Histrionics that put Justin Bieber fans to shame.

It seems you delight in disappointment? Is this a Norwegian trait? Is this why your suicide rates are so high?

Glenn roader got us 7th, one lucky season doesnt wash with me - ESPECIALLY when we played, and still play - a truly depressing form of fotball.

Eyes, Fish - do you use them? We play shit, eventually results will mimic that fact if not already.

What grates me most about pardew though - fotballing matters aside - is the lying.

He is a patronizing and condescending prick who takes us fans for idiots.

If he went out from the get-go and said " look, Im here because I know Mike. I play hoofball, I like to kick it long. We arent going to have many transfer records set but I will try to stabilize us midtable"

then I Would be alot more welcoming towards him. Now you cant say these things because it would scare players and fans off, but similarily you cant claim you are going to keep it on the ground, play tiki taka and ask for us to be thankful because we didnt sell our spine in the summer.

You just cant trust the guy.

Glenn roader got us 7th, one lucky season doesnt wash with me - ESPECIALLY when we played, and still play - a truly depressing form of fotball.

Eyes, Fish - do you use them? We play shit, eventually results will mimic that fact if not already.

What grates me most about pardew though - fotballing matters aside - is the lying.

He is a patronizing and condescending prick who takes us fans for idiots.

If he went out from the get-go and said " look, Im here because I know Mike. I play hoofball, I like to kick it long. We arent going to have many transfer records set but I will try to stabilize us midtable"

then I Would be alot more welcoming towards him. Now you cant say these things because it would scare players and fans off, but similarily you cant claim you are going to keep it on the ground, play tiki taka and ask for us to be thankful because we didnt sell our spine in the summer.

You just cant trust the guy.

Disagree. Actually one of the things I've liked about the man since he took over is that he hasnt been prone to making excuses when havent played well. When we've been shite he's said so. When we've needed to improve he's said so. Without having a go at any of the players or the dressing room in general.

Over the last couple of games Ive been frustrated too that he's been blaming injuries for everything. He's right to a great extent of course but he should also take responsibility for the way the players who have played have performed, more so because the commitment at times has also been questionable which hasnt happened before under him.

Really ? and Really ?

Is that supposition, I don't recall reading anything particular on those matters/views ??

The only tangible way I've seen Pardew "losing the players" is to injury and suspension.

Absolutely no way possible I could agree more with a post than I do this one.