Newcastle v Maritimo

Gene_Clark

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter wank. I would honestly cheer like fuck if Ashley did a Matthew Harding. We are a pale shadow of the club we were 8 years ago. 21000 with 15 year old kids singing Jimmy Saviles Cattermoles dad, shoes off if you love the toon, YSIFS to a band of 36 from a tiny club nearer to Lagos than Newcastle. Fucking embarrassing, we're becoming a bigger Sunderland, from being a magnificent club 8 years ago.

As much stick as Ashley deserves (and he really does deserve some, especially after this summer) we were looking a million miles away from Europe, let alone moaning about a European performance before he came in.

Please tell me you've had a few.

I haven't even been to the match man never mind had a drink. I hate the cunt, HAAAAAAAATE. Nothing and no one in life do I hate more than Mike Ashley.

As much stick as Ashley deserves (and he really does deserve some, especially after this summer) we were looking a million miles away from Europe, let alone moaning about a European performance before he came in.

Are you sure about that? We were in Europe 9 weeks before he bought the club as it gans.

Are you sure about that? We were in Europe 9 weeks before he bought the club as it gans.

You know what I mean, we were falling fast no matter how much money was thrown at shite managers when Ashley bought the club and there aren't the same routes in these days.

It's fair to say there wasn't much protest about Shepherd and Co leaving anyway, but lets not get into that :lol:

Edited by Gejon

You know what I mean, we were falling fast no matter how much money was thrown at shite managers when Ashley bought the club and there aren't the same routes in these days.

It's fair to say there wasn't much protest about Shepherd and Co leaving anyway, but lets not get into that :lol:

We were falling in 2006/2007 because without doubt, in our modern history, we had the worst injury crisis we've ever had. Roeder had a good right to moan about his luck, he had none, we had to play people like Ramage and Huntington who weren't good enough for the reserves let alone the first team.

What people don't grasp when they say anything positive about this fat bastard, is how much he has devalued the club with his dealings, his actions, his attitude and his insistence on managers telling everyone about where we are financially, and how far we are behind "the big boys". We had a higher turnover than Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the last 13 or 14 years, and when FFS we weren't far behind Liverpool. Now we're rubbing shoulders with shitey Everton and Villa ffs! It's like Reggie Perrin has bought the club, and made his grotty empire. Another thing, I'd rather pay £700 a year for a season ticket to see us have a go, but this window summed up what they are, fucking wanks. They want a profitable club who can come 9th/10th/11th and will eventually sell when someone puts a bid in giving them a reasonable profit. Worst thing that's ever happened to NUFC is that fat bastard buying us.

We were falling in 2006/2007 because without doubt, in our modern history, we had the worst injury crisis we've ever had. Roeder had a good right to moan about his luck, he had none, we had to play people like Ramage and Huntington who weren't good enough for the reserves let alone the first team.

What people don't grasp when they say anything positive about this fat bastard, is how much he has devalued the club with his dealings, his actions, his attitude and his insistence on managers telling everyone about where we are financially, and how far we are behind "the big boys". We had a higher turnover than Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the last 13 or 14 years, and when FFS we weren't far behind Liverpool. Now we're rubbing shoulders with shitey Everton and Villa ffs! It's like Reggie Perrin has bought the club, and made his grotty empire. Another thing, I'd rather pay £700 a year for a season ticket to see us have a go, but this window summed up what they are, fucking wanks. They want a profitable club who can come 9th/10th/11th and will eventually sell when someone puts a bid in giving them a reasonable profit. Worst thing that's ever happened to NUFC is that fat bastard buying us.

Can't actually argue with much of that, one thing I will debate is buying Duff (often shifting N'Zogbia out of the side) when it was clear as day we needed a left back, which meant we had to play Huntington at left back which knocked us out of Europe.

Also we were definitely on a downward spiral, they had done well but had run out of ideas and were chucking silly amounts at managers like Souness to solve the problems.

Now as I said, Ashley has a lot to answer for but imo things were going to shit before he came in. His business like approach does piss me off very much because we target players for all the wrong reasons.

Absolutely shyte that mind, wasn't even worh the fiver to watch the bastard. full of 14 year old soopafans who looked like theyd been kicked through Sports Direct ffs!

I think Santon may have been the only positive from the game and that was it. Anita needs to start adapting and quickly, he looks like a lost bairn out there and makes no impact on the game at all, Bigi done nowt either. Out wide we were woeful and barely got the ball in the box and when we did get the ball forward the closest player to Ba would be 20 fuckin yards away. From what I seen of the goal it looked like he just walked past Taylor without a challenge too.

WHOEVER WORKS ON OUR SET PIECES CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to hound this burn victim out of our club, Shitdrew is a fraud and a charlatan.

Fuck off back to the conference league Alan, you waste of oxygen.

Me and Aeris has gotten it long all along, amongst all the arselicking on this forum we saw him for what he really was. A clueless cunt.

NORWAY = HOME OF THE FOOTBALL SAVANTS

McFaul : We had a higher turnover than Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the last 13 or 14 years

Liverpool

Year Turnover

2007/08 159.052

2006/07 133.910 -

2005/06 119.499

2004/05 121.054

2003/04 92.576 -

2002/03 102.504

2001/02 98.668

2000/01 82.155

1999/00 46.609

1998/99 45.265

1997/98 36.366

1996/97 39.153

1995/96 27.396 -

Newcastle

Year Turnover

2007/08 99.358 -

2006/07 87.083 -

2005/06** 83.086 -

2004/05 87.087

2003/04 90.468

2002/03 96.449

2001/02 70.858

2000/01 54.916

1999/00 45.090 -

1998/99 44.718

1997/98 49.177

1996/97 42.162

1995/96 24.723

We've not been hammered by anyone this season despite not playing well throughout it.

Now why would SOUTHAMPTON be the ones to inflict a hammering?

Some people...

Isnt it pretty obvious that was meant to be taken with a pinch of salt? It was more a way of saying how utterly SHITE I thought the performance was.

Still not totally ruling being embarrassed at Southampton though :P

It was bitter-sweet for Pardew though as Ben Arfa went off five minutes before the break with the manager expecting him to miss Sunday's Premier League game against Southampton.

Pardew did not know how long the Frenchman would be out and told ESPN: 'He is not everything for this football club.'

Cisse then limped off five minutes after the break with Pardew revealing: 'He got a kick on the thigh and we thought he might stiffen up over half-time which he did.

'We think he has a good chance for Sunday.'

He added: 'We are just having blow after blow.

'We are going to have to wait and see on Papiss and I think Hatem will miss Sunday.

'We didn't have enough attacking flair to keep the ball and put the pressure on.

'It gives the other team a lift and we didn't have enough getting down the sides and attacking play.

'We needed to get a result and got that and got through.

'I look at this competition - with a sticky second half today but otherwise I think we have been excellent.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2D1vzt1yH

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by PaddockLad

Its reminding me of the last time we were in Europe...on current form, if we get a half decent team in the next round we'll be out, which is exactly what happened v Alkmaar. By that time we may be out of the cup too, so our season may well be over in February. I think we saw the youngsters aren't ready en masse for even the limited level of opposition Maritimo provided, so no pressure on the first teamers because as we speak the fringe players cant cut it. A lot of them are in a bit of a comfort zone it would appear. Thats before you get to the injury list.

Changes are needed in January. Dont hold your breath on that though.

Its reminding me of the last time we were in Europe...on current form, if we get a half decent team in the next round we'll be out, which is exactly what happened v Alkmaar. By that time we may be out of the cup too, so our season may well be over in February. I think we saw the youngsters aren't ready en masse for even the limited level of opposition Maritimo provided, so no pressure on the first teamers because as we speak the fringe players cant cut it. A lot of them are in a bit of a comfort zone it would appear. Thats before you get to the injury list.

Changes are needed in January. Dont hold your breath on that though.

Can't see the season being over by February, the relegation battle will just be hitting up.

Fuck me it's either feast or famine with you CT isnt it? :lol:

Last season wasnt as good as some made out and this season isnt as bad as some are painting it either. We've been shite compared with our run after Spurs twatted us 5 nowt i February, thats for sure ;)