Pardew's excuses

DubiousBobcat

Top post Stevie.

Hate new football fans who've the patience of a puppy with ADHD.

CT, it's not black and white. Hughton's morale, Carr's signings, Chelseas poor form, Liverpool's shocker, newly promoted sides, these all contributed to our season, but while they may have made up the engine room, the hull, the keel, the calm waters and clear skies, it was still Pardew steering the ship.

Say we were expected to finish around 9-10th without all those factors, even with them all it would still take a good manager to pull the parts together. Bear in mind Spurs had the same opportunity to kick on that we did.

Just some of the reasons we're not doing as well this year are that we didn't strengthen sufficiently in the summer, we didn't start the season like sprinters (In part because we didn't have the new players kicking us on), the teams around us no longer treat Newcastle United at home as a newly promoted side where they should get points (now they sit back and look to stifle us), we don't look at teams through the same eyes either. Yes, our injuries and suspensions have dry-bummed us. The extra games stretching an already thin squad to breaking point. And more that I've not even touched upon.

The problem is that you think it's as simple as playing a young inexperienced left winger or playing a certain formation.

That's what bugs me; you don't know what you're talking about, yet you do so at great volume.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we are not in a mid table struggle, we are in a relegation battle :rolleyes:

Not yet we aren't. We will be come the end of December. But by around April I think we'll be in and around 10th place. Anyway what I meant was you cant be expecting us to finish in the European regularly until the fat one learns to have a bit of ambition.

Ironically enough, I was on twitter today discussing alternative views with a bloke on there, in reaction to another guy stating Joe Kinnear was a better Ashley appointment than Keegan was. It got me thinking why people look for these alternative views. My opinion is that they look for them because it makes them appear different, it makes them (in their opinion) look more interesting. People who support Ashley, including one of my best friends, almost always fall in to this category. Anyway another lads take on people who look for these alternative views was people have them because they feel worthless when everyone thinks the same way, so many HAVE to contrive something new to make themselves feel comfortable about who they are.

I'll remind people that our manager is the current Barclays Premier League Manager of the Season. The only manager in the last 10 years to win it who came outside the top 2. His achievement of coming 5th (while I think we were lucky) noted because of his work shopping at Aldi rather than Harrods like the clubs above us and just below us last season. Ashley deserves NO credit for last season, we still haven't spent the money we generated in 2010/2011 man, the job Pardew did in terms of where we finished with the meagre amounts he had to spend and the average squad we already had was quite astonishing.

It's amazing people who watch football year in year out yet still don't understand the game. There are very very few things in football more important than the M word. Momentum. Last season we started it thinking aye mid table will do with this fat cunt spending next to fuck all yet again, but we got to game 11, and we had a look around, and thought fuck me we've got 25 points from 11 games and we're second. We kept on just quietly getting results, 3-1 at Stoke, draws at Man Utd, and it set us up for the whole season. It's not because we were playing brilliant, we haven't got a good enough side and squad to play brilliantly and that is NOT Pardew's fault, it's because we had a good little spirit in the team, and looked like a side while not being brilliant who knew exactly how to get results.

This season though there is no momentum, there is none. Pardew is not a miracle worker, we've been desperately unlucky with injuries, there aren't too many games where he's been able to field the same team twice, in a tired squad bereft of confidence, yet all of this is Pardew's fault??!?! FUCK OFF! The blame lies squarely as that potential heart attack victim cunt. The money is there, we needed three players with our additional Europa League campaign not to mention the fact that the money is there, but they just won't fucking spend it. The Debuchy deal sums it all up. We're not talking about Deportivo wanting £11m for Luque after accepting £7m and FFS bending over backwards. They wanted £6m for the best right back at Euro 2012 (imo) and Llambias turns round and says "deaw off we fort it was 6 miww in eurows" fuckin cunts. You could feel it just before the transfer window closed, and certainly just after it, that the momentum was lost for this season certainly, that is not Pardew's fault, he isn't doing anything different, we'll battle on and come 12th like I said, will be an up and down season, but people questioning his position should never go to a game ever again. David Moyes came 4th with the blue dippers, the next season they come 17th. Everton stood by him, and while in my view they are massive overachievers given their stature, fanbase, and size, he almost single handedly made them an established top 8 club over a whole decade. Pardew can do the same, but he'll have to keep on performing miracles as long as the two FAT BASTARDS are in charge of the club.

Well said. :thumbsup:

We were getting found out a long time before the injuries though.

Have we even played a good half of football in the league this season?

Of course we were :lol:

Some people making excuses for the fun of it.

Pardew DECIDED to give in to Ba

Pardew DECIDED to play all our attacks through Ben Arfa

Pardew DECIDED to ignore the left

Pardew DECIDED to make us over cautious

Pardew DECIDED to stubbornly refuse to change when it was clear it wasn't working and how unbalanced we were.

The above is all down to Pardew not Ashley and the idea that Debuchy would have made a massive difference to any of the above is rediculous.

Sure the injuries and suspensions followed but even so we should still have been able to play better than we have, against the teams we have lost too, with the players at our disposal.

Top post Stevie.

Hate new football fans who've the patience of a puppy with ADHD.

CT, it's not black and white. Hughton's morale, Carr's signings, Chelseas poor form, Liverpool's shocker, newly promoted sides, these all contributed to our season, but while they may have made up the engine room, the hull, the keel, the calm waters and clear skies, it was still Pardew steering the ship.

Say we were expected to finish around 9-10th without all those factors, even with them all it would still take a good manager to pull the parts together. Bear in mind Spurs had the same opportunity to kick on that we did.

Just some of the reasons we're not doing as well this year are that we didn't strengthen sufficiently in the summer, we didn't start the season like sprinters (In part because we didn't have the new players kicking us on), the teams around us no longer treat Newcastle United at home as a newly promoted side where they should get points (now they sit back and look to stifle us), we don't look at teams through the same eyes either. Yes, our injuries and suspensions have dry-bummed us. The extra games stretching an already thin squad to breaking point. And more that I've not even touched upon.

The problem is that you think it's as simple as playing a young inexperienced left winger or playing a certain formation.

That's what bugs me; you don't know what you're talking about, yet you do so at great volume.

Utter drivel Fish.

What we are seeing is the usual Ashley haters venting their pent up wrath.

Most people would have considered not selling ang blue chip players whilst adding a pedigree midfielder, Debuchy and younger talent like Bigi, Amalfi etc a fair enough, if not great summer.

The fact that Debuchy didn't sign equates to everything that had since happened is hilarious.

I'm not even sure he's having a great season there, never mind how long he would have taken to settle in here.

Some very bizarre excuses being pedalled.

Pardew DECIDED to stubbornly refuse to change when it was clear it wasn't working and how unbalanced we were.

The above is all down to Pardew not Ashley and the idea that Debuchy would have made a massive difference to any of the above is rediculous.

Sure the injuries and suspensions followed but even so we should still have been able to play better than we have, against the teams we have lost too, with the players at our disposal.

Sheesh, you do think these things are like turning a button on and off.

Give in to Ba? You say that just because he's playing centrally again? He's scoring goals in an absolute shite team when noone else has even looked like scoring. Thats why he plays where he does.

Ben Arfa is 10 times more talented than any other midfielder we have, he's the only one who has the ability to run at people. Thats why most of our attacks go through him.

The left being 'ignored' has more to do with HBA being on the right. See above.

Again not saying Pardew has been perfect or hasnt made mistakes but you guys really see footballing as pushing a button or two and turning things on and off whenever you feel like it.

Aye, I'd accept that like. He/ the team'd been found out a bit. Wasn't helped by not being allowed to strengthen though. Think it's a combination of those two factors plus the extra games in the Europa League. Not to mention too many players unable to recapture last season's form.

In terms of performance it wasn't great, but the injuries started to mount in September and we went in to mid October still only having lost one game, and that was at the European Champions.

What we are seeing is the usual Ashley haters venting their pent up wrath.

Most people would have considered not selling ang blue chip players whilst adding a pedigree midfielder, Debuchy and younger talent like Bigi, Amalfi etc a fair enough, if not great summer.

The fact that Debuchy didn't sign equates to everything that had since happened is hilarious.

I'm not even sure he's having a great season there, never mind how long he would have taken to settle in here.

Some very bizarre excuses being pedalled.

I can't believe you're defending Ashley like that. The vast majority on here and I imagine in the city were unhappy with the summer and would probably not have been saying "fair enough" even if Debuchy had signed. Personaly I felt we had to buy Debuchy or a player of similar ability, I didn't feel we needed Anita and I still don't. I wouldn't have been happy with just Debuchy and a not-needed CM in the door.

Debuchy isn't the be all and end all but having a player of his quality in the team would have improved us no end. Just think about him linking him up with Ben Arfa. Just think about him merely replacing the useless SImpson. It's been as clear as day to everyone that we had to improve our back 4 in the Summer, Simpson isn't good enough and we can't rely on Taylor/Colo not getting injured (as the former has been quite a lot in recent years).

No-one is blameless, but Pardew has a few 'excuses', unquestionably. Not sure how needing a better squad is bizarre.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Ah, a watering hole of sense in the desert of Pardew apologists here - led by toonotl the Adrian Brody-looking english accountant.

Long-term employment of a manager only brings stability if he is the right fit in the first place, otherwise a long tenure will just drag the club down to the point of no return.

You can point out injuries, tough fixtures and bad luck as reasons for our nadir of fortunes but the cold fact is that we play very poorly regardless of these reasons and regardless of who is or isnt injured.

Blaming it on fixtures and games is missing the big picture here. We dont play well and havent for a long time.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I'm not sure why you've decided to focus completely on Debuchy there. We needed at least two good players to keep the momentum going. He wanted to do things on the cheap by signing Anita who can fill in two positions, he's always been a centre midfielder who can fill in at full back, but we had the opportunity with Debuchy to bring in someone, while not playing a position which was crucial for our present needs, he was a vast improvement on Simpson. A centre half was an absolute utterly critical purchasing requirement for NUFC this season, it went ignored, we needed a striker, it went ignored, it boils down to the fact that they didn't want to spend the money, and will always get away with it hiding behind "the price was in another place to our valuation of the player".

Surely when you have an opportunity to improve your first eleven significantly you take it? Especially for £6m. There's probably £6m fallen down the back of Abramovic's settee in his office at Stamford Bridge, that's how insignificant an amount it is, even for us, a club with at least £30m profit in transfer dealing since August 2010. We'll have played an extra 12 games, by the time we get knocked out of Europe which is a lot for any small squad to deal with. He needed three extra decent players to keep what he'd built going but he wasn't given the opportunity to do so. Is that his fault? Did he knock on Ashley's door and say "please Mike, pleaaaase don't give me the opportunity to improve the squad so we can improve, don't be so silly giving me £15m to attempt to kick on to the next level."

The long-term appointment thing is overplayed. The 8 year deal is purely a compensation bargaining tool if another club comes in for him. His pay-off is only two years if he gets the bullet [/iTK]

Alex, my point was that keeping a manager just for the sake of keeping him is no guarantee for anything in itself.

If he is the right fit then good, if he isnt then you cant sack him soon enough.

The Ferguson vs abramovich comparisons are unapplicable to our situation.

I'm not sure why you've decided to focus completely on Debuchy there. We needed at least two good players to keep the momentum going. He wanted to do things on the cheap by signing Anita who can fill in two positions, he's always been a centre midfielder who can fill in at full back, but we had the opportunity with Debuchy to bring in someone, while not playing a position which was crucial for our present needs, he was a vast improvement on Simpson. A centre half was an absolute utterly critical purchasing requirement for NUFC this season, it went ignored, we needed a striker, it went ignored, it boils down to the fact that they didn't want to spend the money, and will always get away with it hiding behind "the price was in another place to our valuation of the player".

Surely when you have an opportunity to improve your first eleven significantly you take it? Especially for £6m. There's probably £6m fallen down the back of Abramovic's settee in his office at Stamford Bridge, that's how insignificant an amount it is, even for us, a club with at least £30m profit in transfer dealing since August 2010. We'll have played an extra 12 games, by the time we get knocked out of Europe which is a lot for any small squad to deal with. He needed three extra decent players to keep what he'd built going but he wasn't given the opportunity to do so. Is that his fault? Did he knock on Ashley's door and say "please Mike, pleaaaase don't give me the opportunity to improve the squad so we can improve, don't be so silly giving me £15m to attempt to kick on to the next level."

Nobody is saying we couldn't have done with extra players, but not getting all of them isn't the reason we are in the relegation zone.

The long-term appointment thing is overplayed. The 8 year deal is purely a compensation bargaining tool if another club comes in for him. His pay-off is only two years if he gets the bullet [/iTK]

If that's ITK that's more or less what I thought, although I didn't even think it would be 2 years. My thoughts were don't reach this target, then we can sack you waiving this that and the other in your contract.

Anyway, I've made my position clear so there's no point in repeating it over and over.

Roll on Wigan.

(Btw, if Ferguson or Simpson had done the Jonas pirouette last night and cost us a goal, they would be getting dogs abuse).

Edited by Christmas Tree

Nobody is saying we couldn't have done with extra players, but not getting all of them isn't the reason we are in the relegation zone.

baffling that people dont realise this.

Even without any strengthening in the summer, we should comfortably hover around the top6-7. There is no excuse that explains for our current performances without getting into the managers philosophy and tactics.

If that's ITK that's more or less what I thought, although I didn't even think it would be 2 years. My thoughts were don't reach this target, then we can sack you waiving this that and the other in your contract.

I was discussing it with Tooj and it's more or less what we thought although I speculated it was perhaps the rest of the season plus the next one in compensation. I've since had it confirmed that it's actually two years. It hadn't occurred to me about the 8 year thing in relation to compensation for another club coming in for Pardew, I just thought it was a PR exercise.

Anyway, I've made my position clear so there's no point in repeating it over and over.

Roll on Wigan.

(Btw, if Ferguson or Simpson had done the Jonas pirouette last night and cost us a goal, they would be getting dogs abuse).

Sensible, Inclined to do the same. Everyone knows my position by now as well.

Wigan at home. No excuses really.

No it's because the momentum was lost first and foremost, you could visibly see it and feel it in August, players like Cabaye thinking, I was my countries best player at Euro 2012, yet I'm playing for a club which has shown no ambition to at least consolidate its' position. He'll be thinking about his next club already without a doubt, so will others, the club ethos this season has shown no signs of a determination and willingness to improve, it's bound to effect the players.

When you combine that with the extra games (a significant amount of extra games) the ever growing injury list, having to play certain players out of position, the complete loss of momentum, and marginal defeats, you have a group of players who's confidence is suffering. The root cause of it comes back to one thing. You can look at Pardew's performance, but this is the same manager who went to the European champions and won 6 months ago and stuffed the reigning English champions 10 months ago. If I remember correctly, when Pardew was appointed you described it as a master stroke by Ashley within a few months, now that things have hit the rocks, it's everyones fault bar Ashley's?

Ashley is a cunt, he is the root cause of nearly every problem within the club, it's not a case of the fans spitting the dummy because they won't spend, it's a case of fans spitting the dummy because they won't spend when they've made massive transfer profits, and the team and squad over the last 3 years had fluked their way in to a position where we could actually compete. It feels lost at the moment and like I say Pardew is not fucking Jesus dishing out fish to 5000.

Spot on that, Stevie, especially the first paragraph. And that's why we'll never be anything with Ashley imo. He spurned an opportunity like the one we were presented with last season because he doesn't give a fuck so long as we stay up. Of course, we've seen how marginal his calls are in the past. Lets hope this isn't another season where he's gambled and lost.