Flounce Tour 2013

Christmas Tree

Relegation Poll  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of ridiculous "WELL, WHY HAVEN'T WE BUILT ON LAST YEAR?!!!" is a totally hollow opinion too. It doesn't take into account that last season, while brilliant, saw us be quite fortuitous at times and have relatively little bad luck with injuries. This year, we've had more games (including a hard mid-week trip to Man U in the Cup) with Europe and a squad stretched by injuries and suspensions. At times last season, we weren't very good, we were very direct, cautious and squeezed a lot of 2-1 and 1-0 wins on the back of a performing back four and midfield partnership in Cabaye and Tiote. The centre halves aren't performing (but at least Coloccini can recapture his form, not sure on Williamson) and the midfield has been chopped and changed so many times and is missing its key player in Cabaye. Pardew has had to rely on youth that isn't ready in Sammy and Ferguson, to an extent in certain fixtures due to lack of spending in the summer but the performances of Anita and Bigirimana suggest that the scouting system is still valid and that Pardew knows how to nurture these players along and plug them into a system that works.

As we've set up this year, we've been no different to how we were last season. Two banks of four with the intention of being difficult to break down with the ball worked wide to win set-pieces or get balls into the box for Ba. At times, we can go through the middle with Ben Arfa to get it around the box. Injuries have meant that the attacking shape has changed this year but at the back, we're still the same but we're seeing our back four (Santon aside) suffering from poor form and we're leaking goals because of it. The amount of times Coloccini has fell asleep at the back and we've conceded a goal in and around our six yard box has been plenty.

Pardew's systems are fine and they are directly linked to the successes of last season. Yes, they're basic but I don't recall much complaints when these basic systems got us 2nd top in November. Or when we were in Europe by April. It's this growing trend of some people on here that the nebulous "Pardew" is in the wrong without taking any external factors into account. I think Pardew's subs have been poor at times, in the sense of personnel and how late he's been leaving them and the insistence on Krul punting it up field when you have players like Santon and Coloccini to bring it out from the back infuriates me but I like his philosophy of setting us up to be hard to beat first and foremost. It's just this season, our defensive play has been shocking and it'd be a blinkered man that won't say Coloccini and Williamson have been equally to blame, not to mention Tiote's reckless passing in our own half.

We'll stamp out the shite, we'll get players back in form and we'll be fine. There's a bigger context to everything at a football club and running every single moment under a microscope achieves nothing productive when talking about it.

See that's a good interesting post. Maybe you should consider your online "friends" as well as your match friends. :)

A bad run of form :lol:

Worst away run in 27 years isn't it

Never come behind to win in over 2 years

3 formations a match

4 wins all season, 1 courtesy of playing against 10 and the other due to a fluke off Cisses arse!

Some might say stability of manager is better than panicking into a new one which makes the above point valid.

Fair enough though, if we all just want to live in General Chat, so be it :lol:

You seemed happy with some that last season. You werent pointing out that we never come from behind to win. And when we changed formations last season during the match (Pardew often went from 433 to 442) it barely raised a murmur from you. In fact, the opposite is true as we all know, flipflop :)

You seemed happy with some that last season. You werent pointing out that we never come from behind to win. And when we changed formations last season during the match (Pardew often went from 433 to 442) it barely raised a murmur from you. In fact, the opposite is true as we all know, flipflop :)

funny-gif-big-fish-flopping.gif

LBT/Aeris: "Hurda gurda, hurda gurda, shitjew, burns victim etc. What do you think, CT?.........CT!.........Where you going?!"

All this poll shows me is that the overwhelming majority see this season for what it is; disappointing, but not a reason to get your knickers in a twist.

This is the problem CT, you want to panic and you want melodrama, but the overwhelming majority aren't as melodramatic as you, they can see the long view, it's not famine or feast.

Calling for Pardew's head because we're having a difficult 1st half of a season is Sky Sports' JCL nonsense and has no place in an adult football conversation.

We're not going to be relegated and I'll bet you £50 towards whichever charity you like. We're going to end up 10th and that's disappointing but even in the last few games we've seen the greenshoots of recovery, so your panicking is tartish and it is worthy of ridicule.

All this poll shows me is that the overwhelming majority see this season for what it is; disappointing, but not a reason to get your knickers in a twist.

This is the problem CT, you want to panic and you want melodrama, but the overwhelming majority aren't as melodramatic as you, they can see the long view, it's not famine or feast.

Calling for Pardew's head because we're having a difficult 1st half of a season is Sky Sports' JCL nonsense and has no place in an adult football conversation.

We're not going to be relegated and I'll bet you £50 towards whichever charity you like. We're going to end up 10th and that's disappointing but even in the last few games we've seen the greenshoots of recovery, so your panicking is tartish and it is worthy of ridicule.

It shows that 20% dont think Pardew can turn it around. As for not being melodramatic, the facts dont lie.

2 wins all season bar a fluke and 10 men

worst away record for 27 years

Never coming back in over 2 years

Unable to settle on a formation

Talk of player unrest

Starting to blame players post match

Heading rapidly for the bottom three.

There's lots of things that could be, but as its December, melodramatic is not one of them.

I hear lots of bluster but I dont hear people either saying "we should stick with Pardew regardless" or "He should be given til xxx date to turn it around".

It shows that 20% dont think Pardew can turn it around.

If you extrapolate that figure (and I think you should) then it means that 1.4 BILLION people on earth don't think Pardew can turn it around.

It shows that 20% dont think Pardew can turn it around. As for not being melodramatic, the facts dont lie.

2 wins all season bar a fluke and 10 men Oh I see, only the results that you deem worthy may be counted.

worst away record for 27 years Agreed, it's poor

Never coming back in over 2 years That is a frustration too

Unable to settle on a formation Not having this, as it's entirely dependent on the players he has available. You'd be the 1st complaining that we were playing square pegs in round holes.

Talk of player unrest there is Always talk of player unrest.

Starting to blame players post match Post-Match interviews are useful motivational tools.

Heading rapidly for the bottom three. No, we're not.

There's lots of things that could be, but as its December, melodramatic is not one of them.

I hear lots of bluster but I dont hear people either saying "we should stick with Pardew regardless" or "He should be given til xxx date to turn it around".

18.9% of 37 votes man, and of those a few will be you lunatic Norwegian chum who has at least 1 other account. Actually, haven't you admitted to having multiple accounts yourself? So there goes 3 votes anyway, taking it down to 3-4 people who agree that Pardew has gone from Manager of the year to a man incapable of turning it around. And through all this you refuse to acknowledge the fault lies with the board's decision not to strengthen in the window. If we'd signed the 1-2 1st teamers that were necessary I don't believe we'd be having the disappointing season that we are. Even if those players weren't the Gold-standard Cabaye's or HBA's of the world.

You are being melodramatic. Grow up.

Oh and LBT? I wil happily take that bet if you name a proper charity.

18.9% of 37 votes man, and of those a few will be you lunatic Norwegian chum who has at least 1 other account. Actually, haven't you admitted to having multiple accounts yourself? So there goes 3 votes anyway, taking it down to 3-4 people who agree that Pardew has gone from Manager of the year to a man incapable of turning it around. And through all this you refuse to acknowledge the fault lies with the board's decision not to strengthen in the window. If we'd signed the 1-2 1st teamers that were necessary I don't believe we'd be having the disappointing season that we are. Even if those players weren't the Gold-standard Cabaye's or HBA's of the world.

You are being melodramatic. Grow up.

Oh and LBT? I wil happily take that bet if you name a proper charity.

Appalling choice of font.