Important to finish above the makems ?

essembeeofsunderland

i just think its a bit narrow minded - step outside the bubble - you cant generalise and make a sweeping statement like that really - it like saying ive been to Byker and Newcastle is a complete Shithole - like any city in the world it has its shitholes but it also has its fair share of decent people, decent housing and people with decent jobs

Is it fair to say sunderland city centre is a shit hole?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

In the answer to the OP. Its important to stay in the fucking league. Couldn't give a shite how they do. The screen shots of their RTG forum tell me all I need to know about their obsession with our club.

agreed the city centre is not a patch on Newcastle City Centre - nor will it ever be but thats not what i am saying

The problem you face, is that sweeping generalisations will exist forever, certainly between sports rivals.

You'll say we're all deluyded

We'll say you're bitter and jealous

You'll say we're fat

We'll say you're inbred

You'll say you're classy

We'll provide evidence that you're not.

You'll say we benefit from positive press

We'll say that you'll forever be in our shadow.

One thing I can assure you of though, we definitely are less bothered about you than you are of us. compare the sites with biggest traffic and note the number of threads you have about us, our matches, our possible signings, our management or our players, then compare the number of threads we have about you.

Have any other fans glassed their chairman,poured a pint of beer over their manager or spat at their manager and subs,or spat at their later -to-be chairman whist walking from the ground with his wife and kids..I cannot think of any of the top of my head.I await the makem denials.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

i just think its a bit narrow minded - step outside the bubble - you cant generalise and make a sweeping statement like that really - it like saying ive been to Byker and Newcastle is a complete Shithole - like any city in the world it has its shitholes but it also has its fair share of decent people, decent housing and people with decent jobs

Where in Sunderland has decent housing. Tell me somewhere in Sunderland you can buy a variety of houses for over say £350,000.

Ashbrooke, Cleadon, East Herrington - shall i go on?

Quick search finds very few properties over £350k in those areas. Also Cleadon and East Herrington aren't in sunderland. They're near to it but there is sufficient green between them to consider them as separate. A fact I'm sure they're grateful of.

A similar area in Newcastle provides 3 times the properties.

Edited by The Fish

Quick search finds very few properties over £350k in those areas. Also Cleadon and East Herrington aren't in sunderland. They're near to it but there is sufficient green between them to consider them as separate. A fact I'm sure they're grateful of.

A similar area in Newcastle provides 3 times the properties.

cleadon and east herrington are not in sunderland - really? check your map sir

Edited by biggmarketphonebox

i think most people from sunderland deep down accept that newcastle is a nicer city; less run down etc.

that's not to say newcastle doesn't have it's shitholes or fair share of charvers. it does; sunderland just has more because it's a poorer place that has seen way less inward investment over the years. that's a fact.

their football team is still playing better than ours right now. that's also a fact.

i don't think our lot care as much about finishing above them as they do about us. but that's always the case when one of two big rival clubs traditionally does better than the other.

cleadon and east herrington are not in sunderland - really? check your map sir

Are we to count Gosforth then? I don't mind. The broader the search the greater the disparity.

winding up opposition fans is stevie's (mcfaul) role in here man. he laid the bait and you've snapped it up.

winding up opposition fans is stevie's (mcfaul) role in here man. he laid the bait and you've snapped it up.

look - i never intended getting into who has the best houses debate - all im saying is you cant generalise and say people from sunderland are all inbred, on the dole and all that shit. My dad was born a Geordie and moved to Sunderland hence i support SAFC and follow newcastle as well in a funny sort of way. I myself have never been on the dole, none of my mates have and all have decent jobs, earn decent money and live in decent houses in Sunderland. I also have good friends who follow newcastle in fact one of my mates is an editor of one of your Fanzines - its all good banter. Come derby day its business as usual but without the banter and rivalry it would be a dull day in North east football. Surely we agree on that

look - i never intended getting into who has the best houses debate - all im saying is you cant generalise and say people from sunderland are all inbred, on the dole and all that shit. My dad was born a Geordie and moved to Sunderland hence i support SAFC and follow newcastle as well in a funny sort of way. I myself have never been on the dole, none of my mates have and all have decent jobs, earn decent money and live in decent houses in Sunderland. I also have good friends who follow newcastle in fact one of my mates is an editor of one of your Fanzines - its all good banter. Come derby day its business as usual but without the banter and rivalry it would be a dull day in North east football. Surely we agree on that

Hang on, so you're saying we can't say you're inbred and thick, live in shitholes, eat cheesey chips, having nothing famous about you other than your association with us, but there has to be banter?

which is it? "Banter", or no?