Important to finish above the makems ?

essembeeofsunderland

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why weren't they coming out with all this when we were above them this season?

Consistency, "people"! It takes real guile to kick a man when he's up rather than gurn at him whilst he's down.

My comments were completely unrelated to football, I was merely responding to another non football related post.

You find the odd makem who is reasonable with his views on his club but then he joins a few of his makem mates and logic goes out the window.Every signing they make is a good one.The two they have just signed have met their approval yet not one makem will have seen them play.if they have a good debut ,they are then classes as being good players.Remember how they rejoiced when Brucey became their manager.This was down to the fact they thought he had chosen them over us.His management record suggested mediocrity at best,yet he was the new makem messiah.The last messiah ( Stokoe) had a statue erected in his honour ,and rightly so,because his last major acheivement was taken them down to the old 3rd division. Kevin Ball is another hero and he took them down as well.And as for St Niall Quinn,the makem drink-drive chairman,who regularly suggested he was the biggest makem supporter ever, hasn't been seen anywhere near the sos since he got the push.After 6 years as a makem player,he decided to accept a testimonial so the fans could cough up money for a childrens ward at a makem hospital .He put nowt in but it is his name that is on the building.Chosing the Republic of Ireland as the opposition did his chances no harm with reference to his inclusion in the 2002 world cup squad ( he went to the world cup as a 35 year old has-been ,so his plan worked because the game was used as a warm-up for the competition ).Like i said,they are not like us.

You seem to have a deep infestation of obsessionwithmackemitis

Even use Sunderland in your username , its quite easy to see you are obsessed with us even if it means making yourself look particularly stupid

You seem to have a deep infestation of obsessionwithmackemitis

Even use Sunderland in your username , its quite easy to see you are obsessed with us even if it means making yourself look particularly stupid

Signed up to opposition message board

Only appears when Newcastle lose

Calls other people obsessed

Mental

At the time of writing (8.30 Monday Morning), I have just counted eight threads about Newcastle (going on the thread title alone) on the SMB footbll board. This obviously includes a thread about this thread, except their's is about three times longer. And yet the general consensus over there is that we're obsessed? :lol:

For the record, I think the o/p on here is a rare geordie obsessive regarding them or even an under cover mackem. Certainly not representative of most Newcastle fans I know or who post on this board or N-O for that matter. Personally I couldn't give a shit who finishes above who if it doesn't mean something, like a European place. I would happily take 17th now regardless of what the mackems achieve, which will likely be mid table at best. Also I'm sure they'd love to have a season like we did last year, but they know it will never happen.

You have to work in Sunderland for a few years to understand the mentality of mackems. Imagine if there was a place in Mexico where people haven't really been found by the outside world for 20,000 years, they evolve differently according to their environment, eating habits etc...and can't fully integrate in to the outside world, well that's exactly how I found mackems. They haven't evolved and they have to be seen to be believed. Their attitudes are more 1960's than 1980's even, I refuse to believe there's a more insular group of people anywhere in Europe where there city has more than 200,000 people. Amazing they're 11 miles away and they're completely nothing like us.

Thats Bollocks mate

The er, post you replied to?...you know, why you've signed up here and are posting etc?...do you take it all to heart?...

i just think its a bit narrow minded - step outside the bubble - you cant generalise and make a sweeping statement like that really - it like saying ive been to Byker and Newcastle is a complete Shithole - like any city in the world it has its shitholes but it also has its fair share of decent people, decent housing and people with decent jobs

Edited by biggmarketphonebox