Nigel Adkins Sacked

Tooj

BBC Sport@BBCSport

The @The_Gazette is reporting Blackpool have approached former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins to become their new manager. #SaintsFC

Strange decision but the same Saints fans who are in uproar are the same who were delighted when Cortese got them out of the shit and got back to back promotions. Can't have it both ways and sadly these days if you want owners splashing the cash you have to face the consequences.

I remember being at the Dell when Le Tissier scored those two goals that SKY wanked over for years. (Yes I'm still bitter as we were the better team that day). They had an organised fan protest to sack their manager Ian Branfoot, that day. Don't think they were complete shite at the time. Wonder what he thinks of the fans loyalty? :D

1. 1934:

Southampton have also confirmed that three of Nigel Adkins' coaches have been released as Mauricio Pochettino looks to finalise the make up of his backroom staff.
    Assistant manager Dean Wilkins and first-team coaches Andy Crosby and Jim Stannard have left the club.
    They have been replaced by Jesus Perez, Miguel D'Agostino and Toni Jimenez respectively.
    All three coaches worked with Pochettino during his time in charge of Espanyol.

1. 1934:

Southampton have also confirmed that three of Nigel Adkins' coaches have been released as Mauricio Pochettino looks to finalise the make up of his backroom staff.
    Assistant manager Dean Wilkins and first-team coaches Andy Crosby and Jim Stannard have left the club.
    They have been replaced by Jesus Perez, Miguel D'Agostino and Toni Jimenez respectively.
    All three coaches worked with Pochettino during his time in charge of Espanyol.

Different Toni Jimenez

• 2 months later...

Looks like he's off to Reading. Fantastic appointment by them longer term as I really rate him. Might see a resurgence in Guthrie too as Adkins encourages the kind of football that Guthrie thrives on.

Looks like he's off to Reading. Fantastic appointment by them longer term as I really rate him. Might see a resurgence in Guthrie too as Adkins encourages the kind of football that Guthrie thrives on.

Agreed, nice to see him being picked up again and hope he makes it back up (I don't see him avoiding relegation). Would be funny if he pulled them up and Southampton went down though.