Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nobody picked up in my post at the weekend btw, probably because you were all doing more interesting things than watching 5 year olds doing ballet.

Anyway, I post about the grand repealment act, and how that will give the government executive powers to do whatever the fuck they like with "red tape". This will be massively appealing to May who will be able to wipe out swathes of employment law without any comeback. It's a very strong indicator of, and motive for, hard Brexit.

1 in 20 is an immigrant. That's fairly significant. Plus if you add in the home born non-whites that the middle class have an inate fear of then we are a country sinking under the weight of immigration.

Or at least that's how it seems to the Brexiters.

When I was being grilled the other night at a VIP party with the local business elite I found myself going on about the housing, schools, NHS, wage pressure to defend Brexit. ;)

Nobody picked up in my post at the weekend btw, probably because you were all doing more interesting things than watching 5 year olds doing ballet.

Anyway, I post about the grand repealment act, and how that will give the government executive powers to do whatever the fuck they like with "red tape". This will be massively appealing to May who will be able to wipe out swathes of employment law without any comeback. It's a very strong indicator of, and motive for, hard Brexit.

Looking into that will report back. As always it is likely to not be what it says on the tin.

I dunno, maybe they're trusted allies, maybe so she can retire them when they fail to get hard. I can't second guess the angel of death.

She appointed the 3 Brexiteers for the simple reason of party cohesion. The whole episode of Brexit was based on Tory party unity. The simple lesson is this, the political fallout of Brexit is better than a split in the party as the latter is an existential threat, whereas the former was a risk with manageable downside. 

Proof? The Labour party. 

She appointed the 3 Brexiteers for the simple reason of party cohesion. The whole episode of Brexit was based on Tory party unity. The simple lesson is this, the political fallout of Brexit is better than a split in the party as the latter is an existential threat, whereas the former was a risk with manageable downside. 

Proof? The Labour party. 

Yup. Continued in the hard line party conference speeches as I said earlier.

Hold on though, how does this tally with this?

"There will be no hard Brexit".

As Chez inferred the current hard line is due to keeping the party together it won't be so down the road when greater realities start to bite and the grandees go to work on the nutters within the party. They have started re-positioning themselves to cover the UKIP flank ie the lurch to the right. Not having to worry about Labour they can vacate the center as Labour have moved to the left. The real power in the Tory party are their business and City donors these will not allow a hard Brexit. You can see they have started kicking off already.

A party without money is a dead party.

UKIP have one seat (after all that momentum they had) they're not about to destroy the Tory party, they are more likely to continue taking working class votes from Labour.

May will continue to pay lip services to Brexit but there is no will in the establishment to take on Europe as there is no will in Europe to take on the UK (grand standing aside).

If Le Pen wins in France you'll see a hard Frexit which will make our stuff look like childsplay.

Edited by Park Life

The real power in the Tory party are their business and City donors these will not allow a hard Brexit. You can see they have started kicking off already.

A party without money is a dead party.

Many of the Tory top donors were pro-Brexit.

Most of them haven't made their money through immigration, or even from British business.

Yeah they've probably been spending more time and resources on NAFTA and TTIP and how to get South American labour via Mexico into the States. ;)

Or maybe they have taken umbridge at the EU for going after Google, Apple, Amazon and their offshore funds.

Power only has one default position - more power.

The world financial system is locked into globalization - the banks, IMF, hedge funds and multi-nationals. America and Obama have it as a cornerstone to increase American trade abroad (there has been some backtracking even from Clinton) but she will do what Goldman Sachs want. A couple of million raised by Tory Brexiters is like grains of sand on a beach compared to what is postioned against them.

Edited by Park Life

Apologies if this is obvious, but wasn't May behind those hideous vans rounding up illegal immigrants, and doesn't she want to remove us from the European convention of human rights? I'm thinking that despite her fuzzy centrist speech at the Tory conference she might just be a complete cunt who is more than happy for a hard Brexit.

Apologies if this is obvious, but wasn't May behind those hideous vans rounding up illegal immigrants, and doesn't she want to remove us from the European convention of human rights? I'm thinking that despite her fuzzy centrist speech at the Tory conference she might just be a complete cunt who is more than happy for a hard Brexit.

She seems to be saying she was following Cameron's line but now she can be her own woman. I believe that woman is indeed a cunt.

2DLZkY7.jpg

I think all this hard Brexit is part of the set up. An elaborate contrived bag of shite to save face and ease the realisation of the thick cunts that they are indeed thick cunts and should never be allowed anywhere near the controls ever again.

"Scumbag tabloid kicks down at minority group" is hardly anything new, but it's interesting they (as well as the Express) now feel empowered enough to go after pretty much the largest minority group the country's got to offer.

"Scumbag tabloid kicks down at minority group" is hardly anything new, but it's interesting they (as well as the Express) now feel empowered enough to go after pretty much the largest minority group the country's got to offer.

Aye, just seen their front page too.

CuhCcPwXgAE8xbr.jpg