Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you make a claim, can't substantiate the claim, yet still claim to be correct (and actually believe it), you're a fucking idiot. Was that clever enough?

No.

I express my opinion yet no one seems able to dispute it :lol:

My best day ever.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No.

I express my opinion yet no one seems able to dispute it :lol:

My best day ever.

I think if I was going to counter this point, CT, I would ask this:

If everything you said is true, why isn't the government singing about it from the rooftops? Who is actually saying any of that stuff? Apart from you.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think if I was going to counter this point, CT, I would ask this:

If everything you said is true, why isn't the government singing about it from the rooftops? Who is actually saying any of that stuff? Apart from you.

But can you prove the government aren't saying these things?

A more positive take on Labour's strategy:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/12/brexit-jeremy-corbyn-keir-starmer-labour

Corbyn has apparently been making regular trips to Brussels in order to forge relationships with key people in the negotiations, and Labour's overall strategy is one of keeping all options on the table to get the best outcome for the most people, rather than being hamstrung by the need to deliver something that will work for the Tory right wing.

The only thing I would add is my standing position of the need to remain flexible in order to capitalise on any misstep that could bring down the government.

At this point I don't even give a shit what the voters think. If Corbyn can get into government, he'll do a far better fucking job of this than the rabble of fucknuts we currently have in control.

I base this on the fact that a collection of randoms taken from the street could probably also outperform the Tories.

Edited by Rayvin

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

At this point I don't even give a shit what the voters think. If Corbyn can get into government, he'll do a far better fucking job of this than the rabble of fucknuts we currently have in control.

I base this on the fact that a collection of randoms taken from the street could probably also outperform the Tories.

Are the general public aware of the disdain you hold them in? :razz:

Just now, Park Life said:

Are the general public aware of the disdain you hold them in? :razz:

This isn't a new thing Parky, I've long been in favour of benevolent dictatorship.

Besides, in that post you quoted I considered the general public to be far more capable and competent than the Tories :D

You can't blame people for not understanding how things work, and relying on poisoned and toxic outlets and spin to vote on way or another. Successive governments raised us stupid and compliant, what else is there to say :lol:

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

This isn't a new thing Parky, I've long been in favour of benevolent dictatorship.

Besides, in that post you quoted I considered the general public to be far more capable and competent than the Tories :D

You can't blame people for not understanding how things work, and relying on poisoned and toxic outlets and spin to vote on way or another. Successive governments raised us stupid and compliant, what else is there to say :lol:

Yeah but this isn't America. Most people have some idea what is going on.

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Yeah but this isn't America. Most people have some idea what is going on.

Look at it man, you know as well as I fucking do that Brexit isn't actually what people wanted to lash out at. Sure, the EU may not be some great bastion of anything we should aspire to, but this is a fit of misdirected rage if ever there was one.

We had a chance to harness that rage into something useful, and fucking look at what we did instead.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You have a soft spot for China then? ;)

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

The reasonable way to behave is to listen to everything and make your mind up.

What about the millions who voted remain because Osborne and the establishment told them of the punishment budget etc.

Its not going to lead to hell and fury. Seems likely we will continue to trade pretty much as before with the EU. They’ll buy Scottish whisky and we’ll buy French wines. The bonus is we will be able to add to that trade with India etc.

We’ll also be able to stay part of the bits of the EU that benefit us whether security or sciences.

And we’ll have a needs driven immigration system rather than an open door.

And Billions extra a year to spend on public services.

We are on course for all of the above so so far, Im pretty happy with my decision.

guaranteed he didn’t type that with a straight face  

Well, I lived there and saw it work. They'll outpace us all in the end, while we're squabbling about the social sciences.

It only works because China is unique in its mass of population and the differing ethnic groups that make it up. 

I don't disagree that China will be a hyperpower eventually.

1 hour ago, strawb said:

I hope it all works out as CT sees it and everything is amazing.

Because at the moment the only positive I can see coming out of this pure shit show is CT being finally proven to be wrong with nowhere to hide.

Im taking that small victory and holding it very close.

Finally? That’s already been the case. conclusively, several matters 

Just now, Ken said:

It only works because China is unique in its mass of population and the differing ethnic groups that make it up. 

I don't disagree that China will be a hyperpower eventually.

Probably true - I'm after one world governance anyway so whoever takes us there is fine by me. Don't see any other outcome for humanity in the long run. The more peaceful it is, the better, obviously.

Probably true - I'm after one world governance anyway so whoever takes us there is fine by me. Don't see any other outcome for humanity in the long run. The more peaceful it is, the better, obviously.

Never a truer idealist. I am pragmatic in my views and reject what you believe because it is impossible with religion but that's cool. I respect all opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken said:

Never a truer idealist. I am pragmatic in my views and reject what you believe because it is impossible with religion but that's cool. I respect all opinions.

Religion does complicate it. I think I would hope that over the course of the next 100-150 years (it would probably take even longer to get us to single global government tbh), religion would have died a death anyway. Unless it simply morphs into a cultural expression, in which case yeah, it might be insurmountable.

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

guaranteed he didn’t type that with a straight face  

And Billions extra a year to spend on public services

Guaranteed he was tweaking his button mushroom between his index finger and thumb when he wrote this. 

Edited by Renton