Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I highlighted at the time my reasons for voting leave and the issues that were important to me. All of those are still being negotiated and none have been ruled out.

CT, your own plan for Brexit rules out what you see as the main benefit of Brexit. Do you think that maybe you weren't intelligent enough to have been asked the question in the first place?

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

This old chestnut.

How many voted remain dreading a promised punishment budget or instant recession just for voting leave.

There was no manifestos.

I highlighted at the time my reasons for voting leave and the issues that were important to me. All of those are still being negotiated and none have been ruled out.

However the lies from remain about a punishment budget and instant recession have indeed been proved as lies.

Ahem. You originally surveyed the Nissan site with a tear in your eye and concluded you were going to vote remain on the basis that you weren't prepared to take the risk that the company would leave in the event of Brexit. You understood the devastation that would cause and maybe even the impact on your own mackem life.

Upon putting this to the forum, you quickly realised most people were in agreement with you so, being the ultimate contrary bore that you are, you sharp changed your mind. Now that the very thing you were concerned about seems more like than ever, you just can't stop digging and making a tit of yourself. Please carry on, it's amusing.

:CT:

• Haha 4

On 11/05/2016 at 11:17, Christmas Tree said:

Still haven't really got a clue about this. Can't really see any way it greatly effects my life, but driving past Nissan today sealed it for me. Is it really worth throwing it all up in the air and risking this type of inward investment? No Siree.

In it is.

One of the Leave Liars told him we could keep all our existing trade and get shitloads more from outside the EU. Yet with over two years of evidence to the contrary he still can't countenance the idea that he got it wrong. 

It's amazing how he can go from being undecided to such a fervent leaver. But then I remember he's a cunt and it all becomes clear.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What the fuck, CT. That was less than two months before the vote. What in fuck changed in the 6 weeks between that comment and the vote?

The early part of this thread is fascinating. People making up their minds which way to vote, nearly everybody apart from CT coming to the conclusion, whether reluctantly or enthusiastically, that Remain was the best option. CT literally changed his mind to be contrary.

CT can also be quoted as saying there would no negative impact to trade, and of course we would stay in a de facto single market. This is interesting because basically he's acting as a conduit for what  all the Brexiteers were saying at the time but now vociferously denying as they force us down this hard Brexit route.

In summary, it's a good historical record and CT is a gullible idiot who is wrong about everything. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

This old chestnut.

How many voted remain dreading a promised punishment budget or instant recession just for voting leave.

There was no manifestos.

However the lies from remain about a punishment budget and instant recession have indeed been proved as lies.

There is a huge difference between making a wrong prognosis to claiming things that never happened and stating wrong facts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

There is a huge difference between making a wrong prognosis to claiming things that never happened and stating wrong facts.

Nail on head. Not that the prognosis was that wrong in any case. 

DcTlWdMWAAE6cdP.jpg

Dominic Raab's comments are interesting today. He's suggesting the French might go on a deliberate "go slow" at Calais following Brexit forcing us to use non-french ports.

Firstly, bypassing the French ports will mean using containerisation, which could never get anywhere near the throughput of Ro Ro, so he's talking shit. Secondly, it has fuck all to do with France going on a go slow. It's that they will HAVE to implement checks on behalf of the EU and to keep WTO MFN terms. It's not vindictive, it's an inevitable part of becoming a third country.

And so thirdly, I assume he knows my first and second points are correct (I wouldn't if it was Davis). So why's he said it? My guess is to feed the EU "punishment" narrative for the CT gammons of the world to lap up. I think he's preparing us for no deal. The behaviour of the government is utterly reprehensible. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Ahem. You originally surveyed the Nissan site with a tear in your eye and concluded you were going to vote remain on the basis that you weren't prepared to take the risk that the company would leave in the event of Brexit. You understood the devastation that would cause and maybe even the impact on your own mackem life.

Upon putting this to the forum, you quickly realised most people were in agreement with you so, being the ultimate contrary bore that you are, you sharp changed your mind. Now that the very thing you were concerned about seems more like than ever, you just can't stop digging and making a tit of yourself. Please carry on, it's amusing.

Bollocks, but if something has finally cheered you up after 2 years of wailing then good.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Bollocks, but if something has finally cheered you up after 2 years of wailing then good.

Unfortunately for you things don't go away on the internet, it's all preserved for posterity, forever, as I have shown on this very page. :)

I have a prediction;

When Brexit results in the UK's economy stagnating or declining, the blame will fall on the Remainers, the experts, the EU, the rest of the World, the immigrants who left, the immigrants who stayed. I predict CT and his ilk will steadfastly refuse to accept that the responsibility lies with the Tory party, UKIP, and the turkeys who voted for Christmas.

If I'm wrong, my prediction is here on the internet where it'll live in perpetuity. I'll admit I was wrong.

On 25/10/2018 at 14:14, Rayvin said:

What the fuck, CT. That was less than two months before the vote. What in fuck changed in the 6 weeks between that comment and the vote?

You should know as you were heavily involved in the discussion at the time :lol:

Lets face it, as much as Renton likes to paint a picture of it being cut and dry a month before, it wasn’t. The debate was still ongoing. 3 posts after the one I posted about staying in, Paddock Lad posted this. 

3 weeks after that even you were quite clear about how difficult a choice it was for many people.

Should you wish to revisit this period :(  you will see I posted often following the big debates about how I was being swayed. And when I finally chose out, we discussed it here.

Hope this helps your memory :lol:

5F40954F-DEB1-4307-9CB6-28BC027A61CA.jpeg

0DBAB166-E6EF-4C4E-8889-641FE8ABABE9.jpeg

On 25/10/2018 at 14:32, Isegrim said:

:lol: But the remain side lies have come to pass, claims by the leave side have not as we are still in negogiations. The only deal currently being discussed by the U.K. / EU includes everything I wanted from Brexit. :)

23 hours ago, Renton said:

Unfortunately for you things don't go away on the internet, it's all preserved for posterity, forever, as I have shown on this very page. :)

As usual, you only showed the bits that suited you. Caught out again ;)

Typical remainer carry on.

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: But the remain side lies have come to pass, claims by the leave side have not as we are still in negogiations. The only deal currently being discussed by the U.K. / EU includes everything I wanted from Brexit. :)

You still haven’t explained how your version of a customs union allows us to alter our trade tariffs.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yes, they have, so they were not lies, were they? They were predictions which were mainly correct so far. Furthermore, we haven't yet brexited yet have we? It's difficult to model the uncertainty caused by Brexit while we are in the A50 period. Much easier to model the effects of being out because there are factual inputs to the model; the vast majority of models refer to post-Brexit, not post-referendum, for this reason. Like Hammond said, I can't tell you the weather next week but I can tell you it's winter in January.

In contrast Leave were a collection of lies, many of which were demonstrably wrong at the time. The money on the bus and the imminent accession of Turkey were obvious lies. And their cake and unicorn predictions? I think you must be the only person in the UK who buys this. Except you don't really, do you? Because one thing you have demonstrated time and time agsin is that you yourself are a compulsive liar. 

Edited by Renton