Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly you need a calm sit down.

We had a referendum, were given options and the majority won.

I liked the idea of as free access as possible to the single market and the ability to do our own free trade deals with the rest of the worlds. 

18 months later this is still the position of the UK government.

I thought that the cabinet were only meeting this week to decide their position?

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

He should get a blue hoodie and start recording True Tory videos for YouTube. No need to alter the diet. 

'Who do you want as new Prime Minister?'

'Give it Moggsy til the end of the season'.

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I thought that the cabinet were only meeting this week to decide their position?

:lol: First time they've discussed it today. Incredibly they do actually agree with the stupidest person on this forum though. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Where on your ballot did it say, 'Do you want to leave the single market and customs union?'?

Cameron, Osborne etc all made that perfectly clear on TV and in every paper.

The prime minister said: “What the British public will be voting for is to leave the EU and leave the single market.”

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cameron, Osborne etc all made that perfectly clear on TV and in every paper.

The prime minister said: “What the British public will be voting for is to leave the EU and leave the single market.”

Not what your lot were saying though.

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly you need a calm sit down.

We had a referendum, were given options and the majority won.

I liked the idea of as free access as possible to the single market and the ability to do our own free trade deals with the rest of the worlds. 

18 months later this is still the position of the UK government. The EU know (they pretend they don’t), pretty much what we are after and have not told us to sling our hook.

We don’t want WTO and neither do they, so the only outcomes are a bespoke deal, total capitulation from the UK, WTO rules or Brexit is cancelled.

Ive been clear all along that if we don’t get good access and our own FTA’s then it’s not what I voted for and I’d be happy with Brexit cancelled.

All I’m doing is backing the UK governments current position. No country has Brexited before so not even Barnier and Tusk don’t know what the end result will be, never mind a few loons on a football board.

As you well know, there were no options how to leave. Given the closeness of the referendum, the logical position should be to seek the softest Brexit possible (the Norway option). This would allow us to keep the FTAs you want (without explaining why) and avoid direct ECJ jurisdiction. But May's red lines make this impossible. Europe can't change their red lines, it's in the constitution and we can't uave superior terms to good neighbours, like Norway. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

As you well know, there were no options how to leave. Given the closeness of the referendum, the logical position should be to seek the softest Brexit possible (the Norway option). This would allow us to keep the FTAs you want (without explaining why) and avoid direct ECJ jurisdiction. But May's red lines make this impossible. Europe can't change their red lines, it's in the constitution and we can't uave superior terms to good neighbours, like Norway. 

Surely the most logical option is to negotiate the best deal we can get and save things like the Norway option as a fallback?

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: I give you the PM and chancellor and you give me that bunch. 

Cameron and Osborne were saying it as a negative possibility after the vote. The leavers denied it because they knew that people wouldn’t vote to be worse off.

• Like 1

In other less exciting news, the government are legislating to hide who was behind the mystery Brexit donation laundered through the DUP to fund the Leave campaign in Great Britain. Absolutely shameful abuse of secondary legislation.

:lol: 

So why are we leaving the EU then if we’re so great in it?

The U.K. ranked among the top 25 countries (out of 153 measured) in each of the 15 metrics tracked, outside of political risk where it ranked twenty-eighth.

Just as well there’s no political upheaval happening.

Britain’s reign as the top country could be brief as companies’ plans for Brexit unfold. London might lose 10,000 banking jobs as a result of Brexit, according to think tank Bruegel. Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Nomura and Standard Charter are moving their EU headquarters to Frankfurt, with Paris and Dublin landing spots for other banks looking to ensure access to the single market.

No comment needed.

We determined the Best Countries for Business by rating 153 nations on 15 different factors including property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, freedom (personal, trade and monetary), red tape and investor protection. Each category was equally weighted.

But I thought that EU red tape and bureaucracy was killing us?

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol: 

So why are we leaving the EU then if we’re so great in it?

Just as well there’s no political upheaval happening.

No comment needed.

But I thought that EU red tape and bureaucracy was killing us?

Only political upheaval is a Possible labour government, the bank exodus was project fear and we’ll have even less bureaucracy once we leave. :lol:

Just a gentle reminder that we are not the pit of despair some of you make out. ;)