Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Alex said:

He already knows he's wrong but he's just here for the chomps so will keep saying 'you remoaners....blah fucking blah'. Plus he's an absolute fuckwit.

No I don't.

I just like seeing the fat twat squirm. 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Howay tubs. WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?

:lol: Pretty much what I’ve said constantly. We’ll be better off in 5-10 years, peaks and troughs etc etc. Are you really having a meltdown because we are .4 points behind Germany?

One day you’ll learn.

Remember the various forecasts from you lot.

2010..... Millions will lose there jobs, 2011..... double dip recession,

Brexit will cause an instant recession, OMG the stock markets crashed etc etc

Calm down.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Pretty much what I’ve said constantly. We’ll be better off in 5-10 years, peaks and troughs etc etc. Are you really having a meltdown because we are .4 points behind Germany?

One day you’ll learn.

Remember the various forecasts from you lot.

2010..... Millions will lose there jobs, 2011..... double dip recession,

Brexit will cause an instant recession, OMG the stock markets crashed etc etc

Calm down.

So you're admitting we will suffer in the short to medium term, but think we'll be better off in the long term, perhaps in a decade? So that would be two fucking decades of stagnation and reducing wages? Fucking hell. 

Thing is, I've yet to see any evidence from leavers about how we will be better off. I've seen plenty of evidence to the contrary. I haven't even seen a plausible mechanism for increased prosperity.

The reality of the situation was touched on by that Sun article. The real motivations of Brexiteers is to deregulate the economy and turn us into a sweat shop. People are waking up to this now though so imo you're not getting your Brexit anyway. 

Have a read of the Q&A with Barnier's senior adviser on the guardian's Politics Live. It's pretty fucking clear that the EU will be turning up to the first meeting of Stage 2 with a bottle of lube and giving us a choice between that and Dry Brexit. :lol:

If we thought the Tories managed to make an embarrassing fuck up of phase 1...

On 12/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, Christmas Tree said:

The reasonable way to behave is to listen to everything and make your mind up.

What about the millions who voted remain because Osborne and the establishment told them of the punishment budget etc.

Its not going to lead to hell and fury. Seems likely we will continue to trade pretty much as before with the EU. They’ll buy Scottish whisky and we’ll buy French wines. The bonus is we will be able to add to that trade with India etc.

We’ll also be able to stay part of the bits of the EU that benefit us whether security or sciences.

And we’ll have a needs driven immigration system rather than an open door.

And Billions extra a year to spend on public services.

We are on course for all of the above so so far, Im pretty happy with my decision.

[The British] have to realise there won’t be any cherry picking. We won’t mix up the various scenarios to create a specific one and accommodate their wishes, mixing, for instance, the advantages of the Norwegian model, member of the single market, with the simple requirements of the Canadian one. No way. They have to face the consequences of their own decision.

Hey, @Christmas Tree , looks like Barnier hasn't got your memo.

Herein lies the big problem. Loads of morons still think cake and eat it is a viable option and anyone opposing it are the unreasonable ones. It's a laughable as it's tragic tbh.

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Herein lies the big problem. Loads of morons still think cake and eat it is a viable option and anyone opposing it are the unreasonable ones. It's a laughable as it's tragic tbh.

I recently learned that the phrase was originally "Eat your cake and have it too", which makes the meaning more obvious, to me.

ngram