Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: I love the way you’re holding The Sun up as some font of knowledge.

Maybe enhancement means more policies like statutory rights for workers to take a year off to care for a relative as announced this year.

Wow those benevolent tories. Wrecking the social care industry with cuts, but generously handing people the right to take a year off work on a pittance of pay to fill in for it. 

As to the Sun comment, May is fully in Murdoch and Dacre's back pocket. If you don't think those papers work hand in glove with the government and are responsible for the social conditioning that's allowed us to get to this point, you're beyond help. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Rather than posting continuous anti Brexit stuff why not just tell me which part of my Brexit you guarantee me I won’t get?

Are you 100% telling me we won’t be able to do our own FTA’s.

Depends if we stay in the CU or not. Currently May says we're not which will cause problems for Ireland. So yes, we will. But we will also lose all our current FTAs. I'm not confident we will be able to negotiate better ones. Why are you?

Or are you 100% telling me I won’t be able to buy French wines.

Of course I'm not saying that what gave you that idea?

Which bit of my cake and eat it won’t I get?

We can't stay in the SM and have it's benefits and also leave and have other benefits. So we can leave, negotiate FTAs etc, but we will not have tariff free trade with the EU. But much more importantly, there will be serious non-tariff barriers introduced and we will not be able to export services (financial or otherwise). This will be catastrophic.

There you go CT, hope that helps. I suggest though you do some reading. 

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

May refusing to answer whether the Mail was wrong to accuse Tory rebels of treachery. Fully in Dacre's back pocket, the deplorable bint. 

Hard to be too critical of the Daily Mail when the journo who wrote the 'Enemies of the People' story is now your press secretary.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

That illustrates it almost perfectly, although I think Norway is out the CU and can do FTAs? The mistake is the UK thinking there is any flexibility within this framework. There isnt. 

Yeah, they can do free trade deals through EFTA. The illustration lists which of the UK's red lines would prevent each of the models being possible.

19 hours ago, The Fish said:

I recently learned that the phrase was originally "Eat your cake and have it too", which makes the meaning more obvious, to me.

ngram

Original version makes more sense like

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: I love the way you’re holding The Sun up as some font of knowledge.

Maybe enhancement means more policies like statutory rights for workers to take a year off to care for a relative as announced this year.

What a moron

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

That illustrates it almost perfectly, although I think Norway is out the CU and can do FTAs? The mistake is the UK thinking there is any flexibility within this framework. There isnt. 

ofcourse there’s flexibility :lol: 

The whole chart couldn’t illustrate more clearly how flexible the EU have been over the years to accommodate different models.

The EU are absolutely terrified of no deal which is why there was so much relief over there when Sufficient progress for phase 2 was declared.

Honestly, you people :lol:

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not like you to miss the point CT. The illustration clearly shows that if the UK maintains all its red lines then a Canada style deal is the only one available to us.

You’re missing the point. All those different models have come about to make bespoke arrangements. Previous EU “red lines” have been discarded to fit certain scenarios. 

If a deal is negogiated, that’s what will happen here.

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So the major party in negotiations will discard their red lines so the junior party can keep theirs? 

It’s almost as though your getting the hang of how negotiations work ;)

If only we’d used this strategy to opt out of the Euro or get a rebate. :lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m going to give you a chance to figure out the main difference between those examples and our current situation.

54 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We're not selling sofas tubs.

Repeatedly we are told we are told the freedoms are indivisible. There are very good reasons this is an EU red line and there is no precedent of exceptions. There is absolutely zero chance all EU27 and the EU commission is going to risk the project over UK exceptionalism. None at all. 

You still believe we have the whip hand, don't you? Now tell me honestly, do you really think the EU is going to cave in on this matter. Really?

Renton has a point. None of you has experienced a white hot negotiation over a three piece suite. None of you has convinced a customer that they need the protection package. None of you has walked into the staff room to a standing ovation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

We're not selling sofas tubs.

Repeatedly we are told we are told the freedoms are indivisible. There are very good reasons this is an EU red line and there is no precedent of exceptions. There is absolutely zero chance all EU27 and the EU commission is going to risk the project over UK exceptionalism. None at all. 

You still believe we have the whip hand, don't you? Now tell me honestly, do you really think the EU is going to cave in on this matter. Really?

They will when we threaten them with Marmite. :mad: