Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hey, I don’t disagree that there’s some shit employers and shit working practices but a hell of a lot of that stems from practices put in place under New Labour.

That said, today’s figures are still good news.

Record employment figures.

3 million extra jobs since 2010.

75% of those new jobs are full time and permanent.

70% are higher level occupations.

less than 3% are zero hour contracts.

FFS man, can we just agree that no one fucking cares whether the Tories implemented it or Labour did - if the situation is fucking shit it needs to be sorted out! The only party that are currently capable of doing anything about it are the motherfucking Tories. And they've had 8 fucking years CT, to reverse anything they didn't like.

Having said that, the stats you're providing look ok to me. I mean it's still pre-Brexit so who knows what'll happen there, but I'm not really in a position to argue with those figures.

Edited by Rayvin

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

FFS man, can we just agree that no one fucking cares whether the Tories implemented it or Labour did - if the situation is fucking shit it needs to be sorted out! The only party that are currently capable of doing anything about it are the motherfucking Tories. And they've had 8 fucking years CT, to reverse anything they didn't like.

Having said that, the stats you're providing look ok to me. I mean it's still pre-Brexit so who knows what'll happen there, but I'm not really in a position to argue with those figures.

It would be lovely to live in that world but you are never going to get away from temporary work. Every week people talk about the automotive industry but it couldn’t exist without temporary work these days.

Same for a lot of businesses that need react to demand.

The answers probably lye in having one of those proper guaranteed wages that some countries have replacing tax credits.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Real wages are still less than they were a decade ago. As you say, 8 of those 10 years were under Tory austerity which has been an unmitigated disaster.

https://www.tuc.org.uk/blogs/real-wages-far-below-where-they-were-recession

Meanwhile, the average household is already 900 pounds worse off because of Brexit, and we haven't even left yet. This is from the BoE, another institution the government ignores.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-has-already-cost-british-families-900-bank-of-england-warns-a3845576.html

Meanwhile, CT, claiming he is officially in poverty, has just bought a hot tub....

Probably part of the group that tweeted that the Palestinians who were massacred a couple of months ago asked for it then deleted it.

THing is if they sign up to this standard definition, the second someone say's anything against Israel no matter how justified they're fucked.

(In reply to CT's shit stirring)

Edited by NJS

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Also:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YvetteCooperMP/status/1019310704447369216

Fucking hell. This really feels like a coup. 

Ive felt that for 2/3 weeks. I'm now fairly fuckin worried ,JRM's  mob haven't come this far to give up now.. I take the points about numbers and how  the EU will react but this shit is going to the wire iyam. 

Had a chat with my old man on Father's Day morning about Brexit & Trump, he'd had the terminal diagnosis 10 days earlier and died the following Friday.... he basically said "good luck son, you'll fuckin need it!" :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Ive felt that for 2/3 weeks. I'm now fairly fuckin worried ,JRM's  mob haven't come this far to give up now.. I take the points about numbers and how  the EU will react but this shit is going to the wire iyam. 

Had a chat with my old man on Father's Day morning about Brexit & Trump, he'd had the terminal diagnosis 10 days earlier and died the following Friday.... he basically said "good luck son, you'll fuckin need it!" :lol:

I'm worried our parents generation may have seen the best days. I find the contrast with the 2012 Olympics feel good factor and now alarming. We've always had the assumption that things will get better for every following generation, but a cursory glance through history shows this is bollocks. We never learn, become complacent and there is always some fascist cunt ready to exploit you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

So only the Leave campaign have been reported to police.....

IMG-20180717-_WA0015.jpg

Only one group broke the law. Oh aye, and only one published disgusting racist material worthy of the Nazi party in the 1930s. Oh, and aye, only one colluded with the Russians. 

So Labour has resumed tearing itself apart over anti-semitism then. Margaret Hodge can fuck off, I'm not even going to pay attention to this bullshit anymore.

What the fuck happened to this country.

12 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

So are you hoping for Brexit to be cancelled then? 

No. I don't think there us a mandate for a hard Brexit  though. Because despite Leave breaching rules on spending, illegally  harvesting social media data to target susceptible people, producing outright racist and demonstrably false propaganda, the margin was small. So to my mind, that is a mandate for a very soft Brexit.

Are you supportive of a very hard Brexit or No deal. Forgetting what that entails for the NE for a minute, have a think what type of people are agitating for this. Johnson, Gove, Fox, Davis, Hoey, Leadsome, IDS, JRM, Dorries, Baker, Patel, Raab, Lawson, and Banks. Everyone of them to a man and woman utter scum. Imagine allying yourself with them?

:CT:

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Only one group broke the law. Oh aye, and only one published disgusting racist material worthy of the Nazi party in the 1930s. Oh, and aye, only one colluded with the Russians. 

1, That remains to be seen.

2. Only one threatened the electorate with a punishment budget and recession.

3. Unproven although remain did collude with America.