Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those Labour MPs need to be deselected at the first opportunity including fucking Corbyn if he was one of them.

This is too serious now for the gameplaying and bullshit.

Abstaining? Are you serious?

The Lib Dems can officially get fucked then. Waste of space party with sackless leadership.

So we get hard Brexit very literally because our politicians are a total and utter shambles. This isn't fucking good enough.

Even more pathetic given that Labour by definition should be for jobs.

Although for the leadership of the apparently pro-EU party in this country to simply not bother turning up is really something.

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It was Hoey, Field and some other cunt. 

Stringer, suspended Labour MP Kelvin Hopkins also voted with them

Cable didnt turn up because apparently, in a time where we have a hung parliament and an obvious Tory rebellion, he didnt think it would be a close vote, even though it is his party's -only- issue.

The man is a fucking charlatan. The Lib Dems can get fucked.

What's this shit about the Leave Campaign having conducted illegal activity in the run up to the damned day as well? Brexit is a full on suicide bomber of an event now. Determined to inflict maximum damage even as it starts to explode.

The day after Trump-Putin and parliamentary carnage, the Daily Mail is tackling the big issues on its front page.

Main headline: HOSEPIPE BAN HITS MILLIONS

and the question nobody is asking:

"What did Jan Moir make of the Mamma Mia sequel?"

The Code of Good Practice for Referendums, put together by the Venice Commission, specifically states that in the case of unlawful funding, the referendum result must be annulled. I believe that all EU members are also members of the Venice Commission.

See section 3.3:

"National rules on both public and private funding of political parties and election 
campaigns must be applicable to referendum campaigns (point II.3.4.a). As in the case of 
elections, funding must be transparent, particularly when it comes to campaign accounts. In the event of a failure to abide by the statutory requirements, for instance if the cap on spending is exceeded by a significant margin, the vote must be annulled."

http://www.venice.coe.int/webforms/documents/default.aspx?pdffile=cdl-ad(2007)008-e

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Code of Good Practice for Referendums, put together by the Venice Commission, specifically states that in the case of unlawful funding, the referendum result must be annulled. I believe that all EU members are also members of the Venice Commission.

See section 3.3:

"National rules on both public and private funding of political parties and election 
campaigns must be applicable to referendum campaigns (point II.3.4.a). As in the case of 
elections, funding must be transparent, particularly when it comes to campaign accounts. In the event of a failure to abide by the statutory requirements, for instance if the cap on spending is exceeded by a significant margin, the vote must be annulled."

http://www.venice.coe.int/webforms/documents/default.aspx?pdffile=cdl-ad(2007)008-e

And if they can't abide by the law they should be deported

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

See section 3.3:

They are guidelines. The rules of the referendum will have been decided in the legislation passed for the purpose of the referendum and I don't believe that there's any sort of rule in there reflecting this.

I have found that I'm in a blinding rage about this today, and I'm not actually 100% sure it's merited. Is Brexit going to fall apart or have we basically just secured 'No Deal'.

Just now, ewerk said:

They are guidelines. The rules of the referendum will have been decided in the legislation passed for the purpose of the referendum and I don't believe that there's any sort of rule in there reflecting this.

Appreciated, but ffs.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have found that I'm in a blinding rage about this today, and I'm not actually 100% sure it's merited. Is Brexit going to fall apart or have we basically just secured 'No Deal'.

I still think that no deal is a long shot. Well, getting no deal from the EU is a distinct possibility but it's likely that there will be an extension of Article 50. In that case we'll either have a GE or a People's Vote. Another referendum would take at least six months to carry out so is unlikely to take place before March 2019. I still believe that parliament won't allow us to crash out, they'll crash the government or tie their hands before that happens.

But the idea of us getting a meaningful withdrawal agreement with the EU looks remote right now.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I still think that no deal is a long shot. Well, getting no deal from the EU is a distinct possibility but it's likely that there will be an extension of Article 50. In that case we'll either have a GE or a People's Vote. Another referendum would take at least six months to carry out so is unlikely to take place before March 2019. I still believe that parliament won't allow us to crash out, they'll crash the government or tie their hands before that happens.

But the idea of us getting a meaningful withdrawal agreement with the EU looks remote right now.

Does that mean we might go straight back to a direct in/out vote?

I see.

I've never been out on the streets campaigning for anything in my life, but if we get back to a second referendum with a straight 'in/out' vote, I'll be out in the fucking streets campaigning for Remain. If JRM manages to deliver that option back to us, we have to take it.