Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Backlash, sure, but the gammons already think they're being stitched up and they've managed what, 60 people for their march? What does anyone seriously think they are going to do? They could all vote UKIP en masse next time out but honestly it'd just kill off the Tories for the most part so I'm having a hard time worrying about it.

I reckon you'd see more attempts on MPs' lives. Even May's rhetoric yesterday played into that. Which isn't to say that should stop us from doing the right thing, obviously.

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I reckon you'd see more attempts on MPs' lives. Even May's rhetoric yesterday played into that. Which isn't to say that should stop us from doing the right thing, obviously.

There's a joke there somewhere but I'm too scared to make it. 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

She could just replace them and carry on as Corbyn did.

2/3 of the cabinet + the ERG, is not going to carry No Deal through Parliament.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

2/3 of the cabinet + the ERG, is not going to carry No Deal through Parliament.

It's the default though, there's no way of stopping it if May goes down this route and the EU don't drop Tusks conditions on extension. 

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Seems to be a feeling amongst journalist that May is increasingly resigned to no deal (if MV3 falls) and that 2/3 of cabinet agree.

So the lunatics have won then? You must feel such a proud tory as you watch Nissan say sayonara. The very reason you originally said you'd vote Remain all those years ago. :blush:

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's the default though, there's no way of stopping it if May goes down this route and the EU don't drop Tusks conditions on extension. 

Why couldn't Parliament bypass the executive and vote for an long extension subject to a full review of Brexit options or potentially a second referendum?

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

some cunt is going to blink first. there is no way she's taking us out without a deal. it's a desperate, empty threat

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why couldn't Parliament bypass the executive and vote for an long extension subject to a full review of Brexit options or potentially a second referendum?

I don't think the executive can be bypassed that way because they have control over binding motions. She has to be removed with  vote of no confidence, can that happen? Even then there isn't time now. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

some cunt is going to blink first. there is no way she's taking us out without a deal. it's a desperate, empty threat

If it's a binary choice between revoking A50, which may need a parliamentary vote, or no deal, which doesn't, what will she choose. I am almost  certain she will go no deal. 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

If it's a binary choice between revoking A50, which may need a parliamentary vote, or no deal, which doesn't, what will she choose. I am almost  certain she will go no deal. 

it would destroy her "legacy" and her party. she's bluffing 

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it would destroy her "legacy" and her party. she's bluffing 

Eh? She would be fulfilling the will of the people in her eyes with plenty of handy scapegoats when it doesn't go swimmingly, including the people (they voted for it). Withdraw A50 however, that's the end of the party. You honestly believe she will revoke? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Eh? She would be fulfilling the will of the people in her eyes with plenty of handy scapegoats when it doesn't go swimmingly, including the people (they voted for it). Withdraw A50 however, that's the end of the party. You honestly believe she will revoke? 

No deal will destroy the country and the Tory party for decades to come, as well as the reputation of the leader who oversaw it. I don't think she wants that as a legacy, no. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No deal will destroy the country and the Tory party for the decades and the reputation of the leader who oversaw it. I don't think she wants that as a legacy, no. 

Short term, no deal is her better option. Long term it isn't, young people will never forgive the tories. She will go for the short term win, she always has. 

Mind, at this stage they all have to claim she'll go no deal cos it increases the chances of her deal getting through.

It's beyond disgraceful that these cunts would dare hang this over us though. This should be the end of them (it won't). 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Mind, at this stage they all have to claim she'll go no deal cos it increases the chances of her deal getting through.

It's beyond disgraceful that these cunts would dare hang this over us though. This should be the end of them (it won't). 

I think there is some of this going on in truth - she's got the EU to come forward and start saying it's her deal or No Deal now as well. This really is now Project Fear.