Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If people have felt let down by the last centrist "new" labor exercise you might have to wait another generation or 2 before they'll buy into another.

It's all well and good moaning about corbyn, but he's the logical outcome of labor voters let down by a leadership that took their voters into an illegal war and maintained the status quo in the city.

Even a new new labor project that looked to be right of corbyn while avoiding the major failings of previous incarnation is going to get short shrift from members and public let down by Blair & Brown (and Milliband).

Similarly the lib dems.

The only positive is that the Tories also have the potential to start falling apart now as well, which looked unlikely with a remain vote.

Um no, I meant the actual PLP with that. Not the membership. I appreciate that the membership have divided views on this.

Also, as I said, I'm off to the Lib Dems. No point in me staying in a party on the 'far left' when those who it would be helping are voting us out of Europe. That decision has made my views and theirs incompatible.

Fair enough, hold hands with me and Meenzer as we walk hand in hand together into the bloody sunset of post UK Brexit. :D

Just don't mention Blair.

If people have felt let down by the last centrist "new" labor exercise you might have to wait another generation or 2 before they'll buy into another.

It's all well and good moaning about corbyn, but he's the logical outcome of labor voters let down by a leadership that took their voters into an illegal war and maintained the status quo in the city.

Even a new new labor project that looked to be right of corbyn while avoiding the major failings of previous incarnation is going to get short shrift from members and public let down by Blair & Brown (and Milliband).

Similarly the lib dems.

The only positive is that the Tories also have the potential to start falling apart now as well, which looked unlikely with a remain vote.

Corbyn is finished as leader. Even his ardent supporter must see that now. He campaigned against his beliefs and couldn't persuade labour voters to vote with him, unsurprisingly.

He failed just as much as Cameron.

I'd like to see someone to the left of Blair take over as leader of Labour, but a more pragmatic politician than Corbyn. Someone with a bit of charisma. Unfortunately I don't see anyone waiting in the wings who fits the bill.

Am currently sitting waiting for my daughters dance show at Linskill. People behind me are banging on about bringing back imperial measurements, now we are "free". Jesus wept.

:lol:

It's getting fucked ridiculous this, like. Part of me thinks that this is coming from the fact that so many countries have declared independence from us, that we now want to feel that we were victimised and oppressed.

Edited by Rayvin

Fair enough, hold hands with me and Meenzer as we walk hand in hand together into the bloody sunset of post UK Brexit. :D

Just don't mention Blair.

:lol: Duly noted.

I think it was Eddie Izzard's pink fucking beret that won it for leave mind you. I almost went with leave rather than align myself with that cunt.

Beckham kept you on track innit?

@ ewerk

[emoji38]

Actually this is a fair point. I voted Corbyn (and I said this in the politics thread) not because I thought he could win, but because I wanted change. I even think that, looking at it now, Corbyn most closely represents the views of those who just voted brexit, and so am doubtful that anyone more centrist would have made any difference.

The problem I have now, that I didn't expect, is that my left wing hopes and dreams have been betrayed by the working class, as much as their hopes and dreams had been betrayed by new Labour.

That's where Labour is now, and it looks impossible to reconcile the two.

If this is my fault for voting Corbyn and wanting real change then all I can say is that I'm sorry. I don't believe that this is the case, I believe this is on the Tories in entirety, but I might well be wrong.

We certainly got real change...

There he goes, apologising again.

Beckham kept you on track innit?

Did he weigh in? Routledge was retweeting his agent on how important the vote was for protecting their astronomical incomes.

Another example of remain wankers misjudging what will encourage the angry poor to do their bidding.

I think it was Eddie Izzard's pink fucking beret that won it for leave mind you. I almost went with leave rather than align myself with that cunt.

Aye btw. What a fucking cunt he looked. That was genuine hide behind the sofa stuff.

Very interesting turn of events.

End result;

Many of those who voted leave did so with the hope of an empire again. Out of touch poms, like those disenfranchised in Russia, hoping for the return of the CCCP. :lol:

The leaving of the UK means little for the EU. Germany and France are laughing.

Scotland aren't happy are they? They trust the EU over what is now little England.

The people have spoken...

End result;

Many of those who voted leave did so with the hope of an empire again. Out of touch poms, like those disenfranchised in Russia, hoping for the return of the CCCP. :lol:

Scotland aren't happy are they? They trust the EU over what is now little England.

Truly great insight.

It'll be EFTA first then some kind of fudge around EEA and listening carefully reveals that freedom of movement with some tweaks will also remain.

This is all London Labours' fault. First they lost Scotland then the North (Euro elections where clearly old Labour voters voted UKIP) and now their mighty condescension has seen 70% of the working class vote for Brexit. It's a cry for help.

Now these scum like Lammy and Khan want an independant London. I mean it's surreal. Labour are finally completely out of touch with their old support base.

Edited by Park Life

End result;

The Aussies certainly know a lot about the idiocy of referendums. 55% of you voted to keep an OAP, who lives 10,000 miles away, and couldn't give less of a fuck about Australia, as your head of state.

That said, that's not nearly as stupid as what we've just done.

It's possible Scotland can block Brexit. :lol:

Civil war lies ahead, London vs home counties and Scotland vs us. Am dusting off my claymore and heading north.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36633244?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

All those musket balls I keep digging up may come in handy :lol: