Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Speed limiting technology looks set to become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from 2022, after new rules were provisionally agreed by the EU.

The Department for Transport said the system would also apply in the UK, despite Brexit.

So much control.

You're just too reactionary ewerk.

Honestly, say he makes that statement - "We will revoke A50 in that scenario". What useful strategic purpose does that statement serve? It boxes them in and grants the initiative to the Tories. It may well be true that they will revoke A50 in that situation (I'm actually kind of encouraged by the statement truthfully) but telling us now gives them no political advantage whatsoever.

You demand honesty from the government but not the opposition? You think the government should rule out no deal but not the opposition? Where along the way did you lose your principles?

On 2/21/2019 at 12:32, Rayvin said:

There needs to be some fucking honesty with the public: "This has been an unmitigated disaster, we were poorly prepared and carried everything out incorrectly. The risk now if we proceed is that there are real and serious consequences for the lives of all British people, job losses and shortages of vital products. The only responsible action for us to take here is to cancel Article 50

Edited by ewerk

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You demand honesty from the government but not the opposition? You think the government should rule out no deal but not the opposition? Where along the way did you lose your principles?

Apart from just trying to wind me up, those are two different issues. The government has a responsibility to do the best for the nation - that was my point. Revoking A50 clearly is that and the government can choose to carry it out. The opposition also have this responsibility, but lack the power to make it a reality. Therefore, the most responsible course of action for them is to position themselves as best they can to exert maximum influence on the process to the end of not destroying the country. Which I would argue, given the strategically null value of making the claim you want him to at this point, is exactly what they're doing.

-drops mic-

;)

So you want Labour to lie through their teeth and then expect them to suddenly become whiter than white once in power? Also, the government do not have the power to revoke Art. 50 by themselves, it would require help from Labour to do so.

Just now, ewerk said:

So you want Labour to lie through their teeth and then expect them to suddenly become whiter than white once in power? Also, the government do not have the power to revoke Art. 50 by themselves, it would require help from Labour to do so.

Sure but the government swinging for it would allow Labour to fall in behind without electoral punishment.

And no, I don't expect them to lie. I just don't expect them to state things that don't need to be stated since we're in a high stakes game of chicken.

What's this patter about the govt trying to shut down the indicative votes? They're apparently whipping against the motion in the hope people will have changed their minds. 

May is fucking deranged.