Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the ERG will capitulate. As will the DUP I'm sure, following another monumental bribe.

Is it still enough though? Not all of the ERG will vote for it, many Tory Remainers will vote against, and only a handful of Labour rebels appear to be holding their nerve and voting pro-Brexit.

I don't think the DUP will go for it, they certainly weren't in the mood to be forgiving yesterday. There's also plenty of the ERG who won't be switching either. I still don't think she has the numbers.

Which means we're going to get a long extension and soft Brexit. I actually don't think we ever will get that 2nd referendum, not when soft Brexit could reveal itself to be a feasible option. 

Is there any softer form of Brexit that doesn't include FOM?

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Love how she's making out that that it's her decision delaying mv3. Hasn't Bercow already told the bitch it isn't happening?

I don't actually think he will stand in the way - mostly because he doesn't need to if ewerk is right.

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Can't see why he'd let her proceed after he's categorically told her she can't without substantial changes

He also said it wasn't his final say on the matter though, and if she doesn't she might prorogue parliament and just waste more of everyone's time.

The principled lads and lasses of the ERG are now aligning behind May's shitshow. I honestly think that ship has sailed now. I think they blew their chance to back it and it won't get close to the numbers anymore. 

Labour tables plan for close economic relationship with EU

This is the alternative Brexit plan tabled by the Labour party for tomorrow’s indicative votes in Parliament.

The plan includes:

· a comprehensive customs union with the EU, with a U.K. say on future trade deals;

· close alignment with the Single Market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

· dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

· commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation; and

· clear agreements on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases.

Here Jeremy Corbyn’s statement: 

“The Government’s approach to the Brexit negotiations has been an abject failure and this House must now come together to find a way forward.

Labour’s credible alternative plan can be negotiated with the EU and bring people together, whether they voted leave or remain.

I urge MPs across the House to support our motion, deliver on the referendum result and negotiate a plan to protect manufacturing and jobs, guarantee rights and end the chaos that the government is inflicting on our country.

The full text of Labour’s motion reads:

leave out from “House” to end and add:

“requires ministers to:

(a) negotiate changes to the draft Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration so as to secure:

(i) a permanent customs union with the EU;

(ii) close alignment with the single market underpinned by shared institutions and obligations;

(iii) dynamic alignment on rights and protections;

(iv) commitments on participation in EU agencies and funding programmes, including in areas such as the environment, education, and industrial regulation;

(v) agreement on the detail of future security arrangements, including access to the European Arrest Warrant and vital shared databases; and

(b) introduce primary legislation to give statutory status to the objectives set out in subsection (a).”

Edited by Rayvin

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Huh? It's white on black for me.

EDIT - Better? :lol:

If you’re using the black theme you’re already an animal. 

Why its the default is beyond me, it’s horrible.

• Like 1