Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

??? In normal business you can't publically slag off your employer: that's written into your contract.

Dear lord :lol:

I don't think there's any contract where your employer can lie about you in the national press and on TV and your not allowed to point out they're lying.

Have a lie down. ;)

Dear lord :lol:

I don't think there's any contract where your employer can lie about you in the national press and on TV and your not allowed to point out they're lying.

Have a lie down. ;)

2J asked for the quotes. Have they been produced?

The fact that a good number of people on here think its perfectly justifiable to boo one of our own players, as he is coming on to the pitch, during a game,regardless of what he may or may not have done, says everything about how fucked football culture is right now.

Divide and Conquer , eh Mikey Boy ?

That seems to confirm the view it was Pardew chose not to play him and then put him in when he did....

" I, as the manager, have to protect him"

..for the first couple of games then changes his tune to telling Cabaye he expects him to play against Fulham...which he does, no questions.

2J asked for the quotes. Have they been produced?

I've already done his googling once tonight.

There are countless quotes over the last fortnight from Pardew and countless stories run on all the media about him refusing to play.

If there is no foundation to any of them and Pardew is lying, please explain to me why Cabaye would not speak out?

That seems to confirm the view it was Pardew chose not to play him and then put him in when he did....

" I, as the manager, have to protect him"

..for the first couple of games then changes his tune to telling Cabaye he expects him to play against Fulham...which he does, no questions.

As they say love is blind. Edited by Phil

There are countless quotes over the last fortnight from Pardew and countless stories run on all the media about him refusing to play.

If there is no foundation to any of them and Pardew is lying, please explain to me why Cabaye would not speak out?

None of which state , unequivocally, that he went on strike, or has been fined.

Mainly because he didn't, and hasn't been.

Because it's paper talk. None of which is directly attributable to anyone at the club. As is proven by the lack of quotes. He'd look daft coming out criticising the club for anything Pardew has said.

Not playing this game all night but first result in google.

"Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has told Yohan Cabaye to play against Fulham on Saturday.

And Pardew is hopeful the France international midfielder, who has now missed three games after going on strike, will be available for weekend selection.

Cabaye has refused to play for his club since they turned down a £10million offer from Arsenal in the opening week of the season".

It may well be that the club has had him locked up in cotton wool. I just find it bizarre that a multi millionaire like Cabaye, who wants out anyway, would let three weeks of lying, damaging personal PR continue.

Makes no sense.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2405634/Yohan-Cabaye-expected-play-Newcastle-amid-Arsenal-according-Alan-Pardew.html#ixzz2dgAXqDPK

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not playing this game all night but first result in google.

"Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has told Yohan Cabaye to play against Fulham on Saturday.

And Pardew is hopeful the France international midfielder, who has now missed three games after going on strike, will be available for weekend selection.

Cabaye has refused to play for his club since they turned down a £10million offer from Arsenal in the opening week of the season".

It may well be that the club has had him locked up in cotton wool. I just find it bizarre that a multi millionaire like Cabaye, who wants out anyway, would let three weeks of lying, damaging personal PR continue.

Makes no sense.

What are you expecting the club to do, hang him out to dry and put him in an untenable position when Arsenal dont follow up their interest?

Every time Pardew is interviewed the context of his answers confirm Cabaye is on strike. "We've marked the agents card" .. aye cabaye is being pushed out the door, so we've marked the agents cards!

As for the "fined" part, please post a link to Newcastle confirming a fine has been issued to any player.

I'll give you a head start, Barton was fined two weeks wage before he left... can you find the clubs confirmation?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14367204

Because it's paper talk. None of which is directly attributable to anyone at the club. As is proven by the lack of quotes. He'd look daft coming out criticising the club for anything Pardew has said.

"When asked directly “Are you being told not to play him?” Pardew said “No”

So either Cabaye had refused to play

Or

Pardew lied

Am I missing something? Are you saying Pardew lied?

I was questioning Cabaye's performances only a few posts ago today. It's not blind love that prompts my view. It's an objective view of the facts that I am aware of. Happy to be corrected.

Cabaye didn't play against West Ham, so either the club stopped him or Cabaye refused to play. So you have to look at which is the more likely.

Why would the club mark the cards of the agent?

Why would Cabaye and the club stay silent as Dechamps slams his career choice?

Why would the club allow Cabaye to play against Fulham, if they wanted to cash in?

There's a big difference between the club willing to sell Cabaye (which they are) and not allowing him to play (we allowed Duff to play before selling him).