Decka on the disappointing Summer

Happy Face

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of the pieces they say that they missed out on another 2 players that they wanted to sign. They didn't name names, but we know that we put bids in for an attacking winger in Thauvin and an experienced striker in Remy.

I don't think we can have a go at them not replacing Ba, or calling Gouffran his replacement when we were after an additional front man.

Not having a go at them for not replacing him but I am concerned it appears they think they now have.

I love the mock outrage. What are you going to do about it? Start an "Ashley out" chant? Throw your season ticket on the pitch? Boycott home games?

No, but we rightly moan about them on message boards and in pubs.

It was fucking obvious to everyone other than Ashley and Lambias that we needed to strengthen the squad. It was wafer thin last season when we finished 5th. That feat was achieved because we had so few injuries last season and fewer games.

Unprecedented injuries ffs. This season has been bog standard.

He didn't have to come out and say anything to be fair, so I am glad at some of the candid comments. All we can do is wait and see, we aren't going to change ownership or anything.

I reckon it was a case of "we're going to lose 50mil if we go down" lets spend a thrifty amount.

I really cant understand how we apparantly targetted Ba as a gamble , half expecting a knee injury and then he says that he didn't expect injuries.

Obertan and Cabaye were brought in with problems (toe / groin) and a lot of our team seem to be bought suspiciously cheaply, makes me think they have undisclosed medical issues or buy out release clauses like Ba.

Everyone knew the squad was too thin.

Not having a go at them for not replacing him but I am concerned it appears they think they now have.

It's a striker in for another striker, so technically he has been replaced. Gouffran was set to sign in the summer, but they brought it forward. The also tried to sign Remy.

Naively, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

It's a striker in for another striker, so technically he has been replaced. Gouffran was set to sign in the summer, but they brought it forward. The also tried to sign Remy.

Naively, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Give them the benefit of the doubt for basically wasting this season and almost ruining the good work of last season?....Ant gets it right, NUFC is run on a series of short term gambles; some pay off, some don't. Not exactly long term planning is it? We're still in the Europa, a run to at least the semis would salvage something but its all a bit of fuckin pisser after last seasons efforts. Edited by PaddockLad

Last season wasn't capitalised on. They figured that an addition to the 1st team with CL experience(Anita) and a few youngsters one year older would be pushing the starting 11 would be enough. They fucked up. They've admitted it and tried to rectify it by bringing in new signings in Jan.

Maybe it's pointless giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I just cling to the hope that they're learning from mistakes.

January's dealings were positive, I'm trying to look at the positive side of it.

Take everything you hear from Llambias with a pinch of salt. Quotes suggesting that we've replaced Ba are probably designed to suggest to agents / clubs that we're not desperate for a new big name striker and can't be bent over backwards. Everything he says seems to have one eye on gaining a solid negotiating position.

Clearly, we are still after a striker as we continued to chase another one in the closing weeks of the transfer window.

Ba was bought as a bit of a punt - nobody expected him to be such a ridiculous success here. His basic wage was in line with Danny Simpson! So in that respect, signing Gouffran is a similar signing to when we originally brought in Ba, but there's no way he adequately replaces what Ba became at NUFC. I'm almost certain that we'll be chasing another striker in the summer.

I've said all along these monstrously successful business fuckers play a very long game and they learn form their mistakes. Football fans are all here and NOW!

Mistake last summer, aye, (exacerbated by the injuries IMO mind) learned from ? January would suggest yes, the summer will be a good test of that.(but they definitely won't break their model).

Shit he's even communicating, some more good stuff in the Journal today.

If you take the long view, there's a hell of a lot more right than wrong at NUFC (if we stay up of course).

I've said all along these monstrously successful business fuckers play a very long game and they learn form their mistakes. Football fans are all here and NOW!

Mistake last summer, aye, (exacerbated by the injuries IMO mind) learned from ? January would suggest yes, the summer will be a good test of that.(but they definitely won't break their model).

Shit he's even communicating, some more good stuff in the Journal today.

If you take the long view, there's a hell of a lot more right than wrong at NUFC (if we stay up of course).

I thought one of the best things about the last 2 years has been their low profile. The less they say the better. The notion that Derek Llambias can educate any Newcastle fan what's gone right/wrong on the pitch is offensive. If he came out and talked finances it might be of interest, Football? Nah, we can see better with our own eyes.

The problem they have with this guff about learning lessons is that they're faling with regularity rather than actually learning anything. To have allowed a window like Summer '12 following on from lessons that should have been learned in January '11 or even January '09 exposes their deceit. All credit for those windows that have gone well (Jan 13, Jan 12, Summer 11) but I don't believe a word of what he says about lessons or intentions. They just fucked up a window big-style due to penny pinching. as they regularly do.

I thought one of the best things about the last 2 years has been their low profile. The less they say the better. The notion that Derek Llambias can educate any Newcastle fan what's gone right/wrong on the pitch is offensive. If he came out and talked finances it might be of interest, Football? Nah, we can see better with our own eyes.

The problem they have with this guff about learning lessons is that they're faling with regularity rather than actually learning anything. To have allowed a window like Summer '12 following on from lessons that should have been learned in January '11 or even January '09 exposes their deceit. All credit for those windows that have gone well (Jan 13, Jan 12, Summer 11) but I don't believe a word of what he says about lessons or intentions. They just fucked up a window big-style due to penny pinching. as they regularly do.

Grow up :rolleyes: