The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

So despite Granted I was in and out of the match whilst slaving away after a house full of 8 year olds over for tea, you are still going to try and give comment that will push your agendas with Ben Arfa and Pardew :lol:

No agenda.

Pardew played without a striker and we didn't score. Ben Arfa looked poor from what I saw of him. If I missed glimpses of brilliance then I missed them.

Point being they looked their for the taking last night and an away goal would have made next week so much easier.

Ben Arfa is a very skilful player who on his day is great to watch and occasionally scores a wonder goal. Sorry if I don't get as carried away as some of you do as what he "might be".

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No agenda.

Pardew played without a striker and we didn't score. Ben Arfa looked poor from what I saw of him. If I missed glimpses of brilliance then I missed them.

Point being they looked their for the taking last night and an away goal would have made next week so much easier.

Ben Arfa is a very skilful player who on his day is great to watch and occasionally scores a wonder goal. Sorry if I don't get as carried away as some of you do as what he "might be".

So with Cisse ill, how would you have set us up then, Johan Cruyff? :lol:

No credit given to how we were set up then?...how difficult would it have been next week if we'd have shipped 3 goals last night?

We've given oursleves a half decent chance, which with the squad avalable for the trip is all we couldve expected, here in the real world anyway. You've given no allowance for where the game was, the temperature, the surface or the limited squad. Your assesment consists of "if we'd played a striker from the start we'd have scored". Which one? :lol:

I don't know why people entertain him with responses man. :lol: By his own admission he was running around in a pinny, juggling making his tramp's chilli with looking after a load of kids. What little he saw of the match, he's misinterpreted as usual. Anyone else would say "I didn't really see the match, so can't comment", but he's got more to say than anyone about a game he didn't even watch.

I don't know why people entertain him with responses man. :lol: By his own admission he was running around in a pinny, juggling making his tramp's chilli with looking after a load of kids. What little he saw of the match, he's misinterpreted as usual. Anyone else would say "I didn't really see the match, so can't comment", but he's got more to say than anyone about a game he didn't even watch.

:lol:

Pound says you didn't watch it ;)

By all accounts you've misinterpreted it. Whether or not you misinterpreted it is largely irrelevant. The main point is that you didn't even fucking see it to misinterpret, yet as usual you've got loads to say about it. You'll notice that, having not seen the match, I haven't tried to tell anybody who played well, whether Pardew had the team set up correctly, whether 0-0 was a disappointing result, etc etc.

You prize mong.

Edited by Gemmill

He's the biggest wummer on here, he knows exactly what he's doing. And despite being daily being given his arse on a plate he doesnt mind looking astonishingly stupid for the general benefit of the board. It's like strolling across the village green of a morning on the way to the well and indulging the village idiot :)

By all accounts you've misinterpreted it. Whether or not you misinterpreted it is largely irrelevant. The main point is that you didn't even fucking see it to misinterpret, yet as usual you've got loads to say about it. You'll notice that, having not seen the match, I haven't tried to tell anybody who played well, whether Pardew had the team set up correctly, whether 0-0 was a disappointing result, etc etc.

You prize mong.

I did see the match so as usual your argument falls flat.

He's the biggest wummer on here, he knows exactly what he's doing. And despite being daily being given his arse on a plate he doesnt mind looking astonishingly stupid for the general benefit of the board. It's like strolling across the village green of a morning on the way to the well and indulging the village idiot :)

Yawn!

Take it that its difficult to argue against that then :lol:

Tell us how we shouldve set up to win the game CT, with the players available?...am all ears Yohan!

You tell me what I have said that is wummery and I'll entertain your drivel ;)

No poetic licence though.

Simple question :)

No agenda.

You've got a cheek the way you go on about Marveaux like.

You've got a cheek the way you go on about Marveaux like.

All Ive said about Marveaux is that he's better suited to playing in the middle. I said this prior to Pardew playing him there when you argued like fuck he wasn't suited to playing in the middle.

After a few good displays in the middle you back peddled like a circus performer.

With me a spade is a spade. Others should take the same view with Ben Arfa. When he plays well rightly praise him, when he doesn't, don't blow smoke up his arse. :)

Christmas Tree bingo is being played to its full capacity today like.

Pardew agenda - tick

Ben Arfa agenda - tick

Not Marveaux's fault for going missing - tick

All Ive said about Marveaux is that he's better suited to playing in the middle. I said this prior to Pardew playing him there when you argued like fuck he wasn't suited to playing in the middle.

After a few good displays in the middle you back peddled like a circus performer.

With me a spade is a spade. Others should take the same view with Ben Arfa. When he plays well rightly praise him, when he doesn't, don't blow smoke up his arse. :)

You said Marveaux should play in a central two though. Not in the number 10 role he played. :lol:

You said Marveaux should play in a central two though. Not in the number 10 role he played. :lol:

I said in the middle orchestrating, spraying passes about. You should know by now that us older generation dont get as hung up on positional names as you know nowt football manager boys do ;)

That's also rubbish about you calling a spade a spade as if you did why are you solely focusing on Ben Arfa who after 3 months out got some much needed match fitness who despite this still looked more dangerous than Marveaux?

I said in the middle orchestrating, spraying passes about. You should know by now that us older generation dont get as hung up on positional names as you know nowt football manager boys do ;)

No you said in a central two which is completely different to the role he actually played. Plus he hardly hugs the touchline either when playing out wide. He just goes missing too often.

Don't be such a coward man ! You want Pardew out as well.

Only if we can bring in an upgrade in as I feel we as a squad have outgrown him. Don't think that it will happen though.

He deserves credit for the result last night when you look at Anzhi's home record in Europe.

That's also rubbish about you calling a spade a spade as if you did why are you solely focusing on Ben Arfa who after 3 months out got some much needed match fitness who despite this still looked more dangerous than Marveaux?

I didn't focus on Ben Arfa I was following Toms post where he said he played well. I even offered the excuse that I might have missed the bits where he did well.

More importantly Newcastles participation in the Europe is not about Ben Arfa getting fit.

Maybe if he had bothered his arse better in Paris and came back in better shape, as Pardew said last week, then your hero might have helped us win.