The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might not be able to tell you who the player is we should sign but I can say that we want someone more mobile, who can last 90 minutes, who can play off the shoulder, who can drop in deep, who can work the channels, who can bring others into play etc.

Mind you, I could no doubt name players all day who could do some or all of these things better than Shola and if you can't then frankly that just shows you up even more.

Shows me up :lol:

Do you think you're still in school :lol:

I've said on numerous occasions I would prefer a manager who is more adventurous, less safety first. Who can get a group of internationals passing the ball about with style instead of humping it. Who doesn't persist with out of form players out of misguided loyalty, who can use substitutions to their full potential.

I've said on numerous occasions I would prefer a manager who is more adventurous, less safety first. Who can get a group of internationals passing the ball about with style instead of humping it. Who doesn't persist with out of form players out of misguided loyalty, who can use substitutions to their full potential.

Yes shows you up as not knowing what you're talking about. I don't see what school has to do with it. If you were still in school that would give you an excuse for a lack of knowledge but a bloke of your age should be able to do better.

A lot of the reasons for disliking Pardew that you list are reasonably valid (although I don't get the persisting with out of form players due to misguided loyalty bit. I assume this is aimed at Jonas but you don't seem to understand that we didn't have the options in reserve to replace him with. Shane, Sammy and even Marveaux have generally been inadequate as cover let alone a replacement). But a lot of them come from a lack of options due to a squad not strong enough to cope with the injuries it suffered. Again that's not Pardew's fault.

Tough shit

Thing is CT, you've yet to acknowledge that up until the Window (afterwhich our performances and results have improved) Pardew didn't have a group of internationals, well certainly not to the standard he now gets to play with. You didn't acknowledge that he had to persist with out of form players because he didn't have the options.

Nobody is saying he's perfect, most are saying he's average, only a very small number are calling for his head... and those aren't the most informed contributors.

Against Norwich our bench was...

Harper

Amalfitano

Sa.Ameobi

Ranger

Tavernier

Bigirimana

Cabaye (injured)

But how Pardew couldn't conjure game changing, entertaining, attacking substitutions remains beyond CT.

I think this sums up my issue with CT. He's like a child who just wants shiny, new and more.

If only there was evidence elsewhere on the forum to back up your opino...oh right :unsure2:

It all makes sense now...

"I want that one!"

2nasow5.jpg

"Are you sure CT?"

"Yeah I want that one"

"We could get you a nice Mark Hughes"

"NO! I want that one!"

"Okay CT"

Shortly after...

2ih036p.jpg

"I don't like it"

I've often made comments about Pardew's starting line-ups and poor and late substitutions but I've never called for his head.

My comment on the Anzi match is that when I saw Pardew's starting line-up I couldn't help but think he's not trying to win this game.

I've got no idea why CT, 2J or any cunt else (including one of me best pals) would want Pardew sacked like. We've been shit this season, there have been a lot of contributing factors, injuries and lack of support from the board of directors being the main ones. Pardew isn't blameless, some of his decisions has been woeful. His negative tactics fuck me right off a lot of the time, but lets take stock here. Less than three years ago we were losing 3-0 at Derby in the Championship. Less than two years after that we were going in to May in 4th place in the Barclays Premier League. Is that poor management or just luck? Pards deserves at least another season of mediocrity based on that alone. If Everton had've shown such lack of loyalty to Moyes after they came 17th in his thirs season, I wonder where they'd be today, the same goes for Manchester United who came 13th in Ferguson's third full season. For a support who pride themselves as the loyalist in the world, I have to say we have more knee jerkers and people with small memories than any cunt else! We've had 13 managers since Ferguson became Man Utd boss, we've had 10 since Wenger became Arsenal manager. They've won 35 trophies between them in that time. Newcastle have enough for potential to AT LEAST match Tottenham's recent achievements, and going back to square one is just ridiculous based on one shite season. Rant over.

welcome back Stevie - cracking post.

no surprise that it was only the numpties that know fuck all about football like CT and aeries that were constantly calling for his head. pathetic behaviour tbh

I've often made comments about Pardew's starting line-ups and poor and late substitutions but I've never called for his head.

My comment on the Anzi match is that when I saw Pardew's starting line-up I couldn't help but think he's not trying to win this game.

Should have started Shola?

The midfield full of cloggers picked because of their physical presence?

Not sure what options he had to try and win this game (baring in mind they have conceded 1 goal in their 7 Europa games before this) but it wasn't the most defensive line up.

I really don't understand the negativity towards Pardew.

It's European football, you do what you have to do to win the tie.

Pardew clearly fancies us to beat them at home. It says a lot about the team and the squad that they have the ability to go away from home to a team as good as Anzhi and achieve the objective and comfortably keep them out.

It was a very professional/grown up performance.

Encouraging thing for me was we looked like a team with a plan, a team that believed it can go all the way in this competition and they were willing to adapt our style accordingly to get the needed result.

Cunt.

What I would like as formation for this game:

Elliot

Anita/Jonas Taylor Mbiwa Haidara/Santon

Tiote

Sissoko Marveaux Cabaye

Ben-Arfa Cisse

Thank Christ you are not our manager then.