The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you post on a football forum if you have no intention of learning things CT? Sounds like the weight loss/food threads all over again :lol:

Pretty sure N-O isn't the only place where members appreciate the talent of Ben Arfa either and I have been a member on here a lot longer than you so I really don't see the relevance in that comment.

The number 10 is the creative player that plays off the main centre forward (the number 9). Anyone that knows anything about football would say the same

As for the agenda part, you have come on here admitting to not seeing much of the game but have still commented on the 2 people you will often criticise whilst defending the one you always stick up for and as usual have got everything the wrong way round :lol:

As for the agenda part, you have come on here admitting to not seeing much of the game but have still commented on the 2 people you will often criticise whilst defending the one you always stick up for and as usual have got everything the wrong way round :lol:

Hold on cowboy :lol:

It was YOU who brought Ben Arfa and Pardew into the conversation, not me :lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/33994-road-to-uefa-glory-anzhi-makhachkala/page__st__620#entry1179848

Hold on cowboy :lol:

It was YOU who brought Ben Arfa and Pardew into the conversation, not me :lol:

http://www.toontasti...20#entry1179848

So you criticise the way we play and a player being played out of position (then go on to say men of your age don't really know about these new fangled positions) but that has NOTHING to do with the manager? :lol:

You were also the one who was having a dig about Ben Arfa you idiot :lol:

The number 10 is the creative player that plays off the main centre forward (the number 9). Anyone that knows anything about football would say the same

The point is, whether you know what a number 10 is or not, its a number on someones back. In this country, we say "he's playing in behind" or "hes playing off the big lad up front" or something like that."Playing between the lines" is said a lot by pundits to describe it.

Surely no one in this country, in the mind of christ, calls that posistion "number 10". whether you know what it is or not? In the traditional 2-3-5 formation that football was played in until the mid 60s in this country 10 was the left sided inside forward, but since then its been utterly fuckin irrelevent in this country to use that particular shirt number to describe what someone does on the pitch. Its come from the papers, journo's trying to be oh-so smart and continental, which is probably why it confuses CT ;)

Glenn Hoddle wore 10, but so did Gary McAllister. Gazza wore 8. Lineker Wore 10. So did Owen. Its bollocks.

edit: Beardsley wore 8, Bergkamp, not sure?..ditto Cantona, think they may have both wore 10 at some point but the point remains...those are 3 players who spring to mind if someone asked me to describe the posistion. 4 out of the 5 of those I first mentioned wore it and only Hoddle could be considered to have played that posistion regularly.

Edited by PaddockLad

I've got no idea why CT, 2J or any cunt else (including one of me best pals) would want Pardew sacked like. We've been shit this season, there have been a lot of contributing factors, injuries and lack of support from the board of directors being the main ones. Pardew isn't blameless, some of his decisions has been woeful. His negative tactics fuck me right off a lot of the time, but lets take stock here. Less than three years ago we were losing 3-0 at Derby in the Championship. Less than two years after that we were going in to May in 4th place in the Barclays Premier League. Is that poor management or just luck? Pards deserves at least another season of mediocrity based on that alone. If Everton had've shown such lack of loyalty to Moyes after they came 17th in his thirs season, I wonder where they'd be today, the same goes for Manchester United who came 13th in Ferguson's third full season. For a support who pride themselves as the loyalist in the world, I have to say we have more knee jerkers and people with small memories than any cunt else! We've had 13 managers since Ferguson became Man Utd boss, we've had 10 since Wenger became Arsenal manager. They've won 35 trophies between them in that time. Newcastle have enough for potential to AT LEAST match Tottenham's recent achievements, and going back to square one is just ridiculous based on one shite season. Rant over.

"They looked there for the taking" :lol:

They looked incredibly organised as you'd expect from their manager, they gave us no time on the ball which is exactly how to play on that pitch. They got tight and pressed us hard, forcing errors and making any short passing very difficult. They were good on the ball, slick, fast paced and had some highly talented players making dangerous runs all over the place. We were there for the taking and they didnt manage it. To say the opposite just proves Gemmill's point.

THE best organised team I've seen since Mourinho went in at Chelsea, we only really penetrated them once in 90 minutes. Irrespective of what they did going forward, they're an extremely rigid powerful side, and if they beat us, I'll be backing them to win it. They have multi million pound stars all over the team. That Willian is a £35m signing and he's not even their best player. If we get past these we have FUCK ALL to fear.

I've got no idea why CT, 2J or any cunt else (including one of me best pals) would want Pardew sacked like. We've been shit this season, there have been a lot of contributing factors, injuries and lack of support from the board of directors being the main ones. Pardew isn't blameless, some of his decisions has been woeful. His negative tactics fuck me right off a lot of the time, but lets take stock here. Less than three years ago we were losing 3-0 at Derby in the Championship. Less than two years after that we were going in to May in 4th place in the Barclays Premier League. Is that poor management or just luck? Pards deserves at least another season of mediocrity based on that alone. If Everton had've shown such lack of loyalty to Moyes after they came 17th in his thirs season, I wonder where they'd be today, the same goes for Manchester United who came 13th in Ferguson's third full season. For a support who pride themselves as the loyalist in the world, I have to say we have more knee jerkers and people with small memories than any cunt else! We've had 13 managers since Ferguson became Man Utd boss, we've had 10 since Wenger became Arsenal manager. They've won 35 trophies between them in that time. Newcastle have enough for potential to AT LEAST match Tottenham's recent achievements, and going back to square one is just ridiculous based on one shite season. Rant over.

Great post :ok:

Absolutely.

clint-eastwood-nodding-gif-c1a997f8-sz500x225-animate.gif

Completely agree.

If we got through to the next round then is there the possibility of us facing Spurs or will we still be kept apart?

Spurs OR Chelsea. I sometimes think they fiddle it so clubs from the same country face each other in the QF. I think Liverpool met Chelsea twice in the CL QF. Chelsea definitely played Arsenal in the QF one year, Wayne Bridge putting them through, also Bayern and Dortmund. I'd guess that we'll play Tottenham or Chelsea IF we get through right now.

I don't think that would make it a fiddle, if 3 of the last 8 are from one country then there's a 30% chance 2 of them will be drawn together. Hardly a lottery.

Fingers crossed if we do make it that they get each other though.

I don't think that would make it a fiddle, if 3 of the last 8 are from one country then there's a 30% chance 2 of them will be drawn together. Hardly a lottery.

Fingers crossed if we do make it that they get each other though.

I'm not arsed if we play them, we've played two games against Tottenham, absolutely nothing in both games, we can beat them, they can beat us. Same with Chelsea, with those out of the way, who is there to fear? I saw Benfica last night, they're fucking shit, Lazio aren't going to give you sleepless nights neither, while Malaga reserves looked better than Zenit who seem to have internal struggles.

Listen. Walk into most pubs, pre or post match. Find a table of 40 / 50 somethings and ask them about false number nines and number 10's etc and the majority will look at you as though you are mad.

A lot of us just like watching a game of football without getting all hung up on the technical differences between different nuances such as why Tiote is a different type of defensive midfielder to so and so.

Id love to know what agenda you think I have. Personally I still think you are sulking from my days on Newcastle Online when I didnt join in the Ben Arfa worship. Your Newcastle Online Ben Arfa alarm seems to go off whenever I mention him.

What honestly is this agenda that you refer too?

I would like to see Pardew upgraded (as would a lot of fans) and while good to watch, I dont think Ben Arfa is worthy of the hero worship that some of you "young'uns" give him, based on what he's achieved so far. Im not sure what agenda that is?

Im quite open about both points.

I would still like to see HBA start and hope he does well, but he's no Peter Beardsley or Shearer or Keegan or Shane. (yet).

Don Revie was a false 9 you fucking tit.

It's hardly newly fangled ''football manager stuff''

The point is, whether you know what a number 10 is or not, its a number on someones back. In this country, we say "he's playing in behind" or "hes playing off the big lad up front" or something like that."Playing between the lines" is said a lot by pundits to describe it.

Surely no one in this country, in the mind of christ, calls that posistion "number 10". whether you know what it is or not? In the traditional 2-3-5 formation that football was played in until the mid 60s in this country 10 was the left sided inside forward, but since then its been utterly fuckin irrelevent in this country to use that particular shirt number to describe what someone does on the pitch. Its come from the papers, journo's trying to be oh-so smart and continental, which is probably why it confuses CT ;)

Glenn Hoddle wore 10, but so did Gary McAllister. Gazza wore 8. Lineker Wore 10. So did Owen. Its bollocks.

edit: Beardsley wore 8, Bergkamp, not sure?..ditto Cantona, think they may have both wore 10 at some point but the point remains...those are 3 players who spring to mind if someone asked me to describe the posistion. 4 out of the 5 of those I first mentioned wore it and only Hoddle could be considered to have played that posistion regularly.

Bloody good post that.

Spurs OR Chelsea. I sometimes think they fiddle it so clubs from the same country face each other in the QF. I think Liverpool met Chelsea twice in the CL QF. Chelsea definitely played Arsenal in the QF one year, Wayne Bridge putting them through, also Bayern and Dortmund. I'd guess that we'll play Tottenham or Chelsea IF we get through right now.

Personally I would rather play against Chelsea at the moment rather than Tottenham based on how both teams are playing. Chelsea seem to be a bit dysfunctional at this time, seem to be having to many problems at the moment. Where AVB has Spurs playing good football.

Edited by Ausman

Good point however I retain my right to angrily call him a useless cath if he plays Shola up front and Cisse on the wing ever again.

Should spurs then have stuck with Harry after vastly improving them after Ramos, or was ditching him for AVB the right call.

I'm not saying I want Pardew sacked but if there is a better option out there then we should look to upgrade. Exactly the same principle with our players, if we can bring better in then let's do it.