Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think we can bring in more than one new face. It doesn't have to be a midfielder or a striker.

Shhhh, they've world hard at breaking everyone's resolve to the point that a single signing is the most that anyone's expecting. Don't go and spoil it.

David McWhatever was reporting it too. Apparently we haven't bid - it's another PEA situation.

So if Marseilles don't want him we'll give it a try.

We need someone who can play wide just as much as a striker.

We have Cisse, Gouffran and Remy who could play through the middle. Ben Arfa is our only real wide player, hopefully Sammy kicks on this season but saying we have "400 midfielders" is completely ignoring what position they actually play.

We wont get him. I can help but think the club are trying to look active while not really wanting to sign. I do think we want a forward and expect us to try a late loan bid for someone or see if Gomis drops.

I'm sick of the bull shit to be honest & Pardew actively trying to advertise players through the press.

If they aren't spending & have no ambition just say it rather than mug season ticket holders & other match goers.

That's why I'm not too quick to hammer the manager at every chance available.

He's not in charge of transfers, he doesn't pick the players he wants & in addition no other bugger seems to be bothering.

He started out wanting - or needing five players - he ends up with one on loan. They've only backed him when it looked like we might get relegated - which people blamed on style of play but the problem goes a lot deeper than that. Players aren't a set of numbers & statistics they are people & they were probably over the moon to finish 5th then to see teams around us - Liverpool & Chelsea - invest properly whilst we bring in one £5m we don't need - it's quite clear to see that ''negativity'' was there from the off. It's a downward spiral - there's a reason we had twice as many injuries as the team second in the injury table - the squad simply wasn't fit for purpose.

Lessons learned? 0.

There's only been Ben Arfa who seems to be positive and I think that has a lot to do with shrooms.

Aye valid point that. Now with Kinnear at the club and 'lesser' clubs showing a lot more ambition than us you have to wonder if that effect will be larger than ever this season. As a player it must be reassuring to know where you are going as a team, something to aim for and look to the future for. At best we're a stagnant club at the moment and you cant blame any half decent player for wanting away or not wanting to join us.

If they don't think Pardew is the man for the job they should sack him. If they do think he's the man for the job they should get behind him. Where we are now is a very dangerous place for a football club to be - if you see the teams around us that have strengthened whilst a lot of our fans keep bleating we are a ''top 8 side'' with ''internationals'' like it's going to make us a better team. Constantly slipping behind, constantly being laughed at. You sometimes need a good foundation to attract players in the first place.

People for instance - forget that Anita's Netherlands caps came at full back - so there's your 'Dutch international midfielder' on the bench. Whilst I do rate him some people seem to think we've got Clarence Seedorf sweeping up in the dressing room rather than on the pitch.

The clubs stance last year was keeping hold of the squad that finished 5th was a successful summer.

Pardew blamed the bad season on too many games, which to be fair is the same as saying too small a squad.

I can see the clubs stance this year being, we have the same squad as 5th and the same number of games.

Don't expect too much transfer activity. Striker to replace Ba at most.

Cabaye leaving will happen if arsenal lose to spurs on Sunday. Question is, will he be replaced. They dont really have any excuses.

I can see the clubs stance this year being, we have the same squad as 5th and the same number of games.

Nope. No we don't.

Plus we didn't have it last year - if Demba was tied down to a new deal from the off we would have but the politics really got in the way & it was either him or Cisse outwide - naturally the lad with the secure contract lost out.

They'd done that 4 years ago any way.

Amazes me the indignation just striking people during this window.

People have different breaking points and this summer has just been the mayo on the shit sandwich for me. Why bother getting excited about anything if nobody at the club gives two shits?