Yohan Kebab,Depression & The Taxman(with chilli and garlic)

scoobos

We don't owe Ashley £250 million. :up:

I thought they said he's classing how much he paid for us as well as any other money he's put in as personal loans? Could of sworn I read it amounted to about £250m

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they said he's classing how much he paid for us as well as any other money he's put in as personal loans? Could of sworn I read it amounted to about £250m

I think that's the money he paid for the club plus the money he loaned us to pay off debts (YES we are now in debt to him to the amount, of THE LOAN, however as we are not paying any interest on the loan it is saving us millions in interest each and every year.) If he sells the club then yes that money will need to be paid back, but it wouldnt change the fact that his loan has saved us millions. I cant work out how people seem to think that loaning us the money had "evil intentions" on his part, frankly its fuckin bizarre

Edited by PUGATRON1000

I think that's the money he paid for the club plus the money he loaned us to pay off debts (YES we are now in debt to him to the amount, of THE LOAN, however as we are not paying any interest on the loan it is saving us millions in interest each and every year.) If he sells the club then yes that money will need to be paid back, but it wouldnt change the fact that his loan has saved us millions. I cant work out how people seem to think that loaning us the money had "evil intentions" on his part, frankly its fuckin bizarre

Evil intentions? No, I just think he's a cunt.

Almost as bizarre as people blowing smoke up his arse.

Ah, I see you are quite firmly in the "black OR white" camp, you clearly hate him, therefore cant possibly acknowledge anything positive he may have done. Then there are the "Ashley Lovers," who have to defend EVERYTHING he's ever done, including the bad. What a juvenile mentality, Primary school at best. "I'm on this team so I have to act this way!" Have you ever considered growing up and joining the adult world?? The one where you can make your mind up based on the facts at hand, and should any new facts/information come to light, you are completely free to reconsider your standpoint and opinion without feeling like your cheating on your lass with her mother?? Honestly, give it a go, the waters warm my friend!

The fact you have taken my comments to be "blowing smoke up his arse" is laughable, I commented ONLY on the fact that his loans have saved us millions in interest already, and i cant fathom how anybody could rule "EVIL DOINGS" against that! As you so clearly have taken more than a modicum of offence to my suggestion that this STANDALONE act has benifitted us, please enlighten me as to "The bad man's nasty plans" and how this act has further "ruined" us!

If indeed you are unable to see the woods for the gargantuan hate spewing albatross that hangs around your neck then you are truly so narrow minded that i doubt your head casts a shadow.

You remind me of a certain banned poster, given that a bias you currently hold wont allow any reconsideration of ANY point thats in the same fucking hemisphere!! Childish, brainwashed, stagnant, and amazingly ignorant spring to mind. In fact, im sure Hitler's rise to power was fuelled by the same "Black OR White" idiotic arsepieces.

You've probably never noticed but we are supposed to be "Black AND White", which invariably leads to some shade of Grey! In summary, you can hate OR love the man, but ignoring any points that seem to contradict your current belief ONLY BECAUSE they contradict your current belief makes you so narrow minded your brain would fall through a hypodermic syringe! However, in the playground YOU play in who is going to notice eh??

Edited by PUGATRON1000

Evil intentions? No, I just think he's a cunt.

And that is quite within your rights mate, as is those who think he's a saint..... just for clarification I dont sit in either of those pigeon-holes. I think he has done some decent things, and made some shocking decisions. I just laugh at all this "Ashley Lover/Ashley Hater" nonsense!

I take it you can see the good his loan has done the club?? I take it you can see the damage some of his decisions have made??

And that is quite within your rights mate, as is those who think he's a saint..... just for clarification I dont sit in either of those pigeon-holes. I think he has done some decent things, and made some shocking decisions. I just laugh at all this "Ashley Lover/Ashley Hater" nonsense!

I take it you can see the good his loan has done the club?? I take it you can see the damage some of his decisions have made??

Yes... and no. I can see that him removing the loans from banks or anyone else that would come knocking on the door for the money plus interest is good, in the short term. It doesn't stop him being the vampire sitting at the door, who doesn't put anything extra in to the club. He's balanced the books by personally loaning the club a sufficient amount to do so, but at the same time any profit made by the club is the only real money made available to use on ambition. He's a businessman, not a football man and it shows in that the club is being run like a business - partially to the good I suppose but as a fan it makes things boring as hell because we'll forever be in a state of limbo apart from the occasional season where we will likely punch above or below our weight.

With a club the size of ours, with the fanbase we have and the overall potential we could have been easily in the top four clubs of the country if managed right but the initial push would take us having to be in a certain amount of debt - sadly the only clubs able to do this and write it off have been either the ones already established there (Like Man Utd and Arsenal) or the ones with uber-rich owners who spunk money as they like (like Man City and Chelski). Yeah, there's the also-rans like Tottenham and Liverpool but again they've been building for a while as we should have been. It's going to take us a long time of being a mediocre, mid-table selling club to make enough profit to pay Ashley off and truly break even, if it ever happens and no matter what Ashley will always want his money back when the ride stops. In that respect I can't see things ending up much different than when he bought the club unless someone richer than him buys it off him.

One thing I'm glad of is that I enjoyed our most recent golden eras of Keegan and Robson, I can't see anything like them happening again anytime soon and I feel sorry for all the kids who weren't around at the time and have only the shit that's followed to reflect on.

Ah, I see you are quite firmly in the "black OR white" camp, you clearly hate him, therefore cant possibly acknowledge anything positive he may have done. Then there are the "Ashley Lovers," who have to defend EVERYTHING he's ever done, including the bad. What a juvenile mentality, Primary school at best. "I'm on this team so I have to act this way!" Have you ever considered growing up and joining the adult world?? The one where you can make your mind up based on the facts at hand, and should any new facts/information come to light, you are completely free to reconsider your standpoint and opinion without feeling like your cheating on your lass with her mother?? Honestly, give it a go, the waters warm my friend!

The fact you have taken my comments to be "blowing smoke up his arse" is laughable, I commented ONLY on the fact that his loans have saved us millions in interest already, and i cant fathom how anybody could rule "EVIL DOINGS" against that! As you so clearly have taken more than a modicum of offence to my suggestion that this STANDALONE act has benifitted us, please enlighten me as to "The bad man's nasty plans" and how this act has further "ruined" us!

If indeed you are unable to see the woods for the gargantuan hate spewing albatross that hangs around your neck then you are truly so narrow minded that i doubt your head casts a shadow.

You remind me of a certain banned poster, given that a bias you currently hold wont allow any reconsideration of ANY point thats in the same fucking hemisphere!! Childish, brainwashed, stagnant, and amazingly ignorant spring to mind. In fact, im sure Hitler's rise to power was fuelled by the same "Black OR White" idiotic arsepieces.

You've probably never noticed but we are supposed to be "Black AND White", which invariably leads to some shade of Grey! In summary, you can hate OR love the man, but ignoring any points that seem to contradict your current belief ONLY BECAUSE they contradict your current belief makes you so narrow minded your brain would fall through a hypodermic syringe! However, in the playground YOU play in who is going to notice eh??

:lol:

Is that off your chest now?

You say you find it bizarre, or 'fucking bizarre' that people think he has 'evil intentions', I then say I think it's bizarre that people, (Not necessarily Purgatron1000), blow smoke up his arse and you then try to character assassinate me before saying you can't understand 'Ashley lovers' either which is what I said wasn't it? :lol:

For the record I abhor the selfish motives behind the 'Sports Direct Arena' move which was a vendetta against our support if there ever was one. He wanted to get a sponsor for the stadium, eh? They could easily have advertised this fact without putting a blemish on our home, it was pure spite and his petty away ticket stance has just about decimated one of, if not the best away supports this country has ever had all for the fear of being lumbered with the odd spare tickets. That's the main ones for me. He wants strung up by the balls for that alone.

As for the Hitler remarks, well just who is being childish with those comments? There's no albatross round my neck, mate, just an opinion formed by what my eyes and ears have seen, which is a fucking chancer and his mates with fuck all connection to MY club come in and throw their considerable weight around and act the total cunt as his dummy went well and truly flying out the pram when things didn't go his way and the nasty boys sang songs about him, (And threatened him and his daughter, :rolleyes: aye, righto).

If you think it's strange I and others should take offence to this then you're either a pretty strange Newcastle United fan or you have no real personal connections to this City/Club. I can half understand the latter but not the former.

And while I'm on, Dick Wad, what's your thoughts on the brilliant move to give us back our 'historic' gates, eh? Llambias' patter, man! (And sell-out Hall's as well for that matter), Everytime they talk, shit just spews forth.

"Let's give them a bit of fackan toffee, Wonga. Old man John Haw'ls fahnd sam gates that belonged at the grahnd, they'll fackan lahve that!"

Edited by Howmanheyman

Amazing, I clarify the fact that i was commenting only on the loan and the fact that for whatever reason it was done it has benefitted us, (and therefore him.) Despite it being spelled out for you, you still extrapolate the point back to the "Wider issue," what is wrong with you man, Howay man HMHM read what's been said you lull!!

"If you think it's strange I and others should take offence to this then you're either a pretty strange Newcastle United fan or you have no real personal connections to this City/Club. I can half understand the latter but not the former."

Yes, I DO think it's strange, strange that you cant realise that the comment i made was specific to the loan, and was not posted as a synopsis of his character/actions. Yes i find it strange that despite you claiming otherwise you simply HAVE to take it back to the playground stance i referred to. Can still see that albatross mate, even if you can't!

Now, whereabouts did I "blow smoke up his arse" ??

Feel free to respond with some other astounding off-topic revelation on his satanic nature, it's what i expect from you anyhow!

In an attempt to rescue an adult discussion however, I agree with the points you have made in regards to OTHER actions from him, the satdium naming and away ticket fiasco. This doesnt mean i am not then able to recognise the benefit of the loan. Black AND White mate, not Black OR White!

Finally what exactly have your ears seen?? :whistle:

Moog

Yes... and no. I can see that him removing the loans from banks or anyone else that would come knocking on the door for the money plus interest is good, in the short term.

Which was the only point i made in my earlier post, despite others believing otherwise.

It doesn't stop him being the vampire sitting at the door, who doesn't put anything extra in to the club. He's balanced the books by personally loaning the club a sufficient amount to do so, but at the same time any profit made by the club is the only real money made available to use on ambition. He's a businessman, not a football man and it shows in that the club is being run like a business - partially to the good I suppose but as a fan it makes things boring as hell because we'll forever be in a state of limbo apart from the occasional season where we will likely punch above or below our weight.

He's definitely not heading down the Abramovich route, that's for sure, and I'll be amazed if this Financial Fair Play malarky swings ANY weight whatsoever in real terms, so I guess that we wont get any immediate benefit from balancing the books. I guess how much/any benefit we may get longer term will depend on how the team is built in the interim.

Yeah, there's the also-rans like Tottenham and Liverpool but again they've been building for a while as we should have been.

Tottenham have made themselves stronger by selling players for big money and reinvesting it (Berbatov, Modric) etc, although there comes a point where you have to say "We're getting close now, so we need to stop selling our best players" I guess if they intend to break the top four stranglehold they will need to keep hold of Bale, although if they sold him for BIG BIG money and reinvested it wisely they could potentially strengthen four or five positions, so they COULD be stronger as a result!!

It's going to take us a long time of being a mediocre, mid-table selling club to make enough profit to pay Ashley off and truly break even, if it ever happens and no matter what Ashley will always want his money back when the ride stops. In that respect I can't see things ending up much different than when he bought the club unless someone richer than him buys it off him.

Agree, it'll take quite a while to generate enough money to "repay the loan," which sucks, but I can't help thinking that that debt is due to the previous incumbents actions more than this one's (relegation didnt help granted!), albeit that it was generated by "showing ambition", which unfortunately didnt reap the rewards it may have. Crazily, whether anyone wants Ashley out of the club or wants him to succeed, this is probably the only way either of these things will happen!

One thing I'm glad of is that I enjoyed our most recent golden eras of Keegan and Robson, I can't see anything like them happening again anytime soon and I feel sorry for all the kids who weren't around at the time and have only the shit that's followed to reflect on.

I couldnt agree more mate, although being 35 I have missed out on Fairs Cup/FA Cups/League Winners era, which I would have LOVED to have seen firsthand, however being a Geordie I'm eternally hopeful that I'll see some measure of success above an intertoto title in my lifetime!!

Edited by PUGATRON1000

Yeah I wish they'd drop the Member thing. I hate it. I'm a member myself - I live too far away for a season ticket to be worth the money, and plenty of times I've wanted to go to an away match with a non-member. Asking them to pay an extra £25 on top of their ticket cost puts a lot of people off given it might only be a one-use thing.

Whatever their reasoning, it hurts OOTs like me.

Not as bizarre as Liambias putting it around that we are now "debt free", when the entire interest free debt sits with the parent company that Ashley set up to buy the club in the first place. They fuckin spin everything. As you appear to as well, why have you put "evil intentions" in quotes? who are you quoting? no one in this thread as far as I can make out. Am not suggesting for a minute that you or anyone else have fallen for what they dish out, but lying is as natural as breathing to these fuckers. Doesn't make them evil in any way, but why do they think we're stupid enough to fall for this sort of shit? That's what undoes any single bit of good they do. And there have been some good things. But, when all is said and done, they hold us in utter contempt. If it doesn't bother you fine. Don't find it strange if others are less lenient though. Edited by PaddockLad

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if Mike Ashley got rid of Llambias in favour of a more honest, forthright chairman and surrounded himself with people who have actual football knowledge* I could probably forgive him some of his past indiscretions against the club. As it is he seems to want to be hated and have a small group of equally hated people around him, regardless of how much they upset the fans of the club. I'm sure Mike on his own had good intentions for the club initially but it all got tainted by bad decisions of bringing in arseholes like Llambias and Wise and has simply never recovered from the bad PR and dishonesty they brought with them.

*By 'People with football knowledge' I don't mean horrible little knobends like Dennis Wise, I mean at board level, people used to running football clubs.

Amazing, I clarify the fact that i was commenting only on the loan and the fact that for whatever reason it was done it has benefitted us, (and therefore him.) Despite it being spelled out for you, you still extrapolate the point back to the "Wider issue," what is wrong with you man, Howay man HMHM read what's been said you lull!!

"If you think it's strange I and others should take offence to this then you're either a pretty strange Newcastle United fan or you have no real personal connections to this City/Club. I can half understand the latter but not the former."

Yes, I DO think it's strange, strange that you cant realise that the comment i made was specific to the loan, and was not posted as a synopsis of his character/actions. Yes i find it strange that despite you claiming otherwise you simply HAVE to take it back to the playground stance i referred to. Can still see that albatross mate, even if you can't!

Now, whereabouts did I "blow smoke up his arse" ??

Feel free to respond with some other astounding off-topic revelation on his satanic nature, it's what i expect from you anyhow!

In an attempt to rescue an adult discussion however, I agree with the points you have made in regards to OTHER actions from him, the satdium naming and away ticket fiasco. This doesnt mean i am not then able to recognise the benefit of the loan. Black AND White mate, not Black OR White!

Finally what exactly have your ears seen?? :whistle:

Again, I didn't specifically refer to you 'blowing smoke up his arse' as I've already stated. As PL says, you've mentioned people accusing him of 'evil intentions' when you were the only one to use this phrase. If you want me to be specific about a point you made about the loan, (I can't remember seeing a request from yourself that you only wanted to discuss any loans and everything else was off limits, by the way), then him paying off existing debts and debts which increased under his ownership and leadership which we as a club have now been saddled with as well, makes financial sense, surely? What was he going to to do? Lose his money altogether or keep it going? Would you pay a mortgage with interest if you had the assets to just pay it off? He just protected the investment.

The general point which I have the right to make if I wish, (wasn't you who told Moog "and that is quite within your rights mate" when he called Ashley a 'cunt'?), is that he has a history of petulance and lies and it's hard to look past this whenever he does something that appears sensible and for the good of the Club or the support. If someone slaps you around the head on a regular basis but every now and then offers to buy you a pint only a fucking idiot would say 'Well I didn't agree with those slaps but you've admitted making mistakes so thanks so much for this pint'.

6483053_std.jpg

"ALBATROSS!!!! ALBATROSS!!"

Again, I didn't specifically refer to you 'blowing smoke up his arse' as I've already stated. As PL says, you've mentioned people accusing him of 'evil intentions' when you were the only one to use this phrase. If you want me to be specific about a point you made about the loan, (I can't remember seeing a request from yourself that you only wanted to discuss any loans and everything else was off limits, by the way), then him paying off existing debts and debts which increased under his ownership and leadership which we as a club have now been saddled with as well, makes financial sense, surely? What was he going to to do? Lose his money altogether or keep it going? Would you pay a mortgage with interest if you had the assets to just pay it off? He just protected the investment.

The general point which I have the right to make if I wish, (wasn't you who told Moog "and that is quite within your rights mate" when he called Ashley a 'cunt'?), is that he has a history of petulance and lies and it's hard to look past this whenever he does something that appears sensible and for the good of the Club or the support. If someone slaps you around the head on a regular basis but every now and then offers to buy you a pint only a fucking idiot would say 'Well I didn't agree with those slaps but you've admitted making mistakes so thanks so much for this pint'.

6483053_std.jpg

"ALBATROSS!!!! ALBATROSS!!"

'Well I didn't agree with those slaps but you've admitted making mistakes so thanks so much for this pint'. :blush2: