The Battle for the Top Half

Happy Face

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I don't know why people find it so funny.

Each match thread people are complaining about selection / tactics etc and now it looks as though he's lost the players.

Why is it better to continue this trend into the last three games?

Why not put someone in who will do what most of us would do and play to our strengths.

Fact is; our safety may well depend on Wigan NOT getting 5 points from their last 4 games, but if they do, not bettering the goal difference which at the moment is equal at -23.

Like most, I can only see us getting something from the QPR match but it's not something I would bet on.

I don't know why people find it so funny.

Each match thread people are complaining about selection / tactics etc and now it looks as though he's lost the players.

Why is it better to continue this trend into the last three games?

Why not put someone in who will do what most of us would do and play to our strengths.

Reading and QPR changed their managers with a lot more games left to save their respective clubs. Caretaker managers never work, especially because that'll be Carver. I think what you really want is an interim manager, if so who?

Reading and QPR changed their managers with a lot more games left to save their respective clubs. Caretaker managers never work, especially because that'll be Carver. I think what you really want is an interim manager, if so who?

Anyone who could change / jig the story that's playing out.

Honestly not bothered if its Carver / Cabaye or Coloccini!

Someone just needs to change the pattern. No good any one on here whinging Saturday if Pardew once again has Sissoko on the wing, Ben Arfa and Gouffran on the bench.

I think these are exceptional circumstances where any throw of the dice is better than more of the same.

To be fair to Neville, who has proven himself to be clued up tactics wise, he's not known anything other than Manchester United. Any club is going to look poor in comparison to their globe-conquering successful strategy.

Neville is talking shite to a certain extent. You cant fault the logic of signing 4 or 5 quality players for the price of Chris Samba. But he may have a point if the stories are to be believed about cliques forming. And before you say its not true CT, Simon Bird almost certainly knows better than any fucker on here.

Edited by PaddockLad

CT, do you consider yourself to be a greater authority on football than Alan Pardew? :lol: how would you deal with this?..... http://www.mirror.co...-facing-1860202

I would have dealt with it back in October when I was preaching to all who would listen what the problems were and how to resolve them. Back then I was a dram queen who doesnt understand football :lol: (as usual).

I predicted that demoralised players would lead to downward spiral and we are. Its not fucking rocket science and to be fair, you did agree with most of what I was saying, but your angle has always been more towards "we're all doomed while Ashley is running the show". which I understand.

Pardew should do the honourable thing and walk.

Cliques formed at Arsenal - the trick is dealing with them. Wenger can manage the big egos but I have no idea if Pardew is up to it.

And Wenger achieved next to fuck all as a player too. We'll see what sort of performance we get on Saturday...if its another surrender, its likely that the job is beyond Pardew with the present set of players. Not saying Ant is wrong either, it is possible in the short term to keep a multi national squad happy, Pardew sort of proved it last season himself. If Cabaye and his mates are in the huff due to the criticism after the derby then it reflects badly on them and may go some way to proving that they don't really "get it" as far as local rivalries in England are concerned. Edited by PaddockLad

Gary Neville thinks the problem isn't Pardew either, more a basic problem with the overall stragegy at the club...who's responsible for that again?..... http://www.101greatg...wcastle-united/

What a load of bollocks :lol: Should join the BNP. But British :lol: Rightio.

Are we now saying Krul, Debuchy, Coloccini, Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse, Sissoko, Ben Arfa etc are all shit players?

Turned it off after a couple of minutes but that simply looked like over reaction to the Liverpool game.

Sure the players have to sort themselves out but lets not kid ourselves that it hasnt all turned to shit behind the scenes.

I would have dealt with it back in October when I was preaching to all who would listen what the problems were and how to resolve them. Back then I was a dram queen who doesnt understand football :lol: (as usual).

I predicted that demoralised players would lead to downward spiral and we are. Its not fucking rocket science and to be fair, you did agree with most of what I was saying, but your angle has always been more towards "we're all doomed while Ashley is running the show". which I understand.

Pardew should do the honourable thing and walk.

That's fair enough, but results did turn a bit post January and we played pretty well in Europe iyam. Not sure what it all means tbh, am not sure why with the talent we've got we're down the bottom. Don't know if the likes of Bird's article about cliques may be a bit of propaganda to blame the players rather than Pardew totally. Its probably both, Thursday/Sunday, piss weak squad to deal with it etc etc...what a fuckin mess...

Edited by PaddockLad

And Wenger achieved next to fuck all as a player too. We'll see what sort of performance we get on Saturday...if its another surrender, its likely that the job is beyond Pardew with the present set of players. Not saying Ant is wrong either, it is possible in the short term to keep a multi national squad happy, Pardew sort of proved it last season himself. If Cabaye and his mates are in the huff due to the criticism after the derby then it reflects badly on them and may go some way to proving that they don't really "get it" as far as local rivalries in England are concerned.

I think they are probably in the huff because they stand there week in week out and are stunned at the shit they are being asked to do.