NUFC vs Braga

StellarStripes

Pardew needs to make sure this season he gets the ball in the opposition's final third instead of have him playing like a fucking wing-back and picking it up on the edge of our own area.

Yup this is my main gripe. He should be waiting around the half way line.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He spends half the season injured, and the other half overweight, and clearly isn't taking his career seriously. Absolutely ludicrous to try and pass that off as OK because he happens to be talented.

It's how we roll.

I get the arguments both ways and I sit in the camp of : If he's heavier and still able to perform at the same speed then I'm actually happier because he's physically stronger.

But, the point I want to make is that this is a result of our hiring policy. If we buy cheap, they are cheap for a reason and it's not being French. Wenger for example, would and does snap up French talent but has omitted all these players , as have the other premiership clubs. I'm not say in by any means that Carr is not great, but its stretching it a bit when we are saying our one scout is better than the teams at Man U, Arsenal etc.

There's a reason for the low cost, just wiki or Google Ben arfa's past and its KNOWN that he has attitude and professionalism problems, same way it was known that BA had a dodgy knee, Cabbage has depression, Tiote takes things personally, etc etc. If Ben Arfa had those skills and no problems its unbelievable to me to accept he's worth any less than 15 mil at current prices.

If you buy players of this playing quality for the prices and wages we pay, its due to undisclosed or known problems.

A few players are squeaky clean and don't get in the team, e.g. Anita , Brig etc, because they allegedly aren't of the same talent level. So its all a balance really.

Personally I don't blame any of these players for getting downhearted with the shit they've put up with since arriving from France. Yes they are paid a lot, but they must feel tricked from the sales pitch we gave, it doesn't take a genius to see we are a selling club and they are being advertised badly when the team are so poor, and make no doubt about it, we are poor at the moment *sob*

Edited by scoobos

Bit critical I think, the point is still valid, if they were that good its a bit silly to think that Carr sees things that no other top club coach can, we've not even had to compete for most of these players. Every time we do have to compete we lose, a' la gomis, Remy etc.

Biggest and unprofessional sure, but he's proven mate and gets over 20 goals guaranteed at the very top level. He alone was Liverpool last year.

Edited by scoobos

Can't believe the pass people give him just because he is superb at going past a man or 5 and is incredibly exciting to watch.

Perhaps his ill discipline when it comes to fitness is the reason he is so injury prone. Less than 50 games and just 9 assists in 3 seasons is awful.

Wayne Routledge turned provider more frequently.

Little Shane must have 9 assists this season alone, right CT?

I'd pay to watch Ben Arfa week in and week out, but he's clearly still not pulling his (corpulent) weight on the field or off it. More interested in having fun than winning games.

The issues with his weight are twofold, he may still be fast but he would be faster if he were in better condition. For the money he's getting paid I'd expecting him to be aiming to be playing at 100%. Also, with the way that he plays, carrying the ball, moving his weight and body quickly, the extra timber is only going to put more stress on his joints and body, contributing to his already poor injury record.

Exactly my point in the last two posts. If he's good fat, he'd be better and less injury prone fit.

We are talking about a young kid with all the talent in the world who has done absolutely nothing of note for NUFC, bar a few fleeting moments of brilliance, and yet people pass off his obvious lack of professionalism as ok. Bizarre.

Last year was the first year he's had problems with muscle injuries.

Ridiculous using a broken leg and an achilles injury both caused by him being hacked down to say that he's injury prone.

He looked out of shape after coming back from injury at the end of last season, he was also held back from his return because he was in need of 'conditioning' after we let him recuperate back in France. And after a fair bit of pre-season he still doesn't look like he has managed to get himself into shape and was singled out for conditioning training when the team was out in Portugal. Maybe the guy naturally has problems with his weight or maybe he's simply being unprofessional, I don't know.

People being very harsh on him. Where has all this come from a couple of pics where he looks a bit tubby? Unreal.

He was tubby when he came back from injury (the second time) last season. To go the whole close season without doing anything about it is a disgrace.

People being very harsh on him. Where has all this come from? A couple of pics where he looks a bit tubby? Unreal.

In the words of Barney, he looked like he was wearing a nappy when he came back from injury last season. I couldn't believe the state of him. The kid is plainly not interested in his career or this club.

In the words of Barney, he looked like he was wearing a nappy when he came back from injury last season. I couldn't believe the state of him. The kid is plainly not interested in his career or this club.

I blame the Higgs Boson.

Exactly my point in the last two posts. If he's good fat, he'd be better and less injury prone fit.

We are talking about a young kid with all the talent in the world who has done absolutely nothing of note for NUFC, bar a few fleeting moments of brilliance, and yet people pass off his obvious lack of professionalism as ok. Bizarre.

Fan boys. Too much youtube and European football on satellite TV. It warps their perception. One of them turned round and windmilled me at at the first Brighton game when I remarked close on full time that HBA had been fuckin abysmal :lol: He's like a sacred cow to some young uns, they think we cant see his talent. We see his talent, but we do dwell on his overall contribution too. "Pards doesnt play him in the right areas"??!! look at what he did to Blackburn and Bolton, and what he quite plainly couldnt be arsed to do against Brighton.He doesn't need an area when he's up for it, only a bit of guidance which Pardew seemed to have sussed towards the end of the 2011/2012 season and for which he got a lot of praise. Think that was just temporary though.

He's a mood player, when he's up for it he's unplayable. Quite often though when he's up for it he tries to do too much on his own,hangs on to it too long (i.e. after he's gone past the first man) and is then eventually closed down by 2 or 3 defenders. More than one NUFC manager has said that Shola was "unplayable on his day" too though. Now go figure why Marseille were willing to let him go. His conditioning is a different side of the same coin. Follow the clues and you'll find in all likelyhood a very complex character, one with too many flaws to become a truly top player.