Keeping fit

scotty84

Cheers Tooj, they look canny :up:

(Assuming you own them) Do you know what the bass is like on 'em?

Sennheiser are great! Have one of the standard models myself, cant remember exactly which, but it hangs on pretty well. The bass and noise cancellation is excellent :up:

back to the gym this morning after a couple months off it pretty much, the amount of strength i've lost in that time is surprising

a month out of there and i lose everything id gained.

makes you wonder if you should even bother going back.

Sennheiser are great! Have one of the standard models myself, cant remember exactly which, but it hangs on pretty well. The bass and noise cancellation is excellent :up:

Cheers :up:

The only thing I'm not sure about is the 'foam' earbuds. I generally use in ear canal stuff so I'm not sure if these will fit/sound as good. I just want to listen to loud music in comfort.

I use the Bose SIE2s sports headphones that are sweat and rain resistant. Have excellent ear tips that mean they never fall out, even when i'm racing Gemmill on the SAS assault courses.

Lush Bose sound of course and whilst they keep environmental sounds decreased for better music enjoyment they dont block sounds so they are safe for road running etc.

Listening to compressed audio files on your smartphone when you go for a run doesn't really necessitate a £100+ set of earphones.

Loop your iphone earbuds over your ears backwards and they will stop bouncing out

Listening to compressed audio files on your smartphone when you go for a run doesn't really necessitate a £100+ set of earphones.

Loop your iphone earbuds over your ears backwards and they will stop bouncing out

If listening to compressed audio files on a smartphone didn't necessitate high quality headphones, there wouldn't a market for them. For a given media source, the biggest contribution you can make to audio quality is the headphones. You don't just want high quality sound when walking, flying or on a train when the whole world is listening to compressed audio.... You don't want massive over the ear phones when running and top quality in-ear ones usually require exact placement in the ear to get the sound right.

If listening to compressed audio files on a smartphone didn't necessitate high quality headphones, there wouldn't a market for them. For a given media source, the biggest contribution you can make to audio quality is the headphones. You don't just want high quality sound when walking, flying or on a train when the whole world is listening to compressed audio.... You don't want massive over the ear phones when running and top quality in-ear ones usually require exact placement in the ear to get the sound right.

The market isn't for them :lol:

You can buy £100 headphones but they aren't specifically designed to listen to 2mb audio file when running through the streets

You obviously paid a small fortune for a set of earphones.

Fwiw I've had bang&olufson and Bose earphones as presents off my folks. The cat chewed through both of them so I stick to the iphone earphones and genuinely can't tell the difference.

You obviously paid a small fortune for a set of earphones.

Fwiw I've had bang&olufson and Bose earphones as presents off my folks. The cat chewed through both of them so I stick to the iphone earphones and genuinely can't tell the difference.

I don't think from what you've said that you commute but that environment really shows up iPhone/free with the phone earphones for what they are by inflicting tinny crap on other people.

I have tried cheap and even reasonably expensive earphones (£20-£40) in the past but the difference between those and the Shure ones I own now is like comparing Shola with Beardsley.

I think if I only had access to iphone earbuds I just wouldnt bother listening to music as the quality is so poor.

:lol:

I'll happily spend 3 figures on earphones but I've also happily listened to cassette tapes recorded off a badly tuned radio with a mic held to the speaker. We're putting every penny into the house right now so my headphones are all under £20. Still infinitely better than nowt.

For me, the joy of a good pair of earphones is in picking out things I never even noticed before, stuff I listened to non-stop on a shitty pair of £5.99 supertech specials through university reveal something new 15 years later when listened to on good kit. Magic when that happens.

sennheiser hd25s all the way baby. They'll beat down a pair of Bose any day. Mine are 12 years old and going strong

Not designed for use while training mind. These are pro cans.

:lol:

I'll happily spend 3 figures on earphones but I've also happily listened to cassette tapes recorded off a badly tuned radio with a mic held to the speaker. We're putting every penny into the house right now so my headphones are all under £20.

Ridiculous thing to say, you'd look like a right wanker running around the park with cassette player sellotaped to the side of your head.

I wouldn't bother personally, I'd enjoy my run in silence.

sennheiser hd25s all the way baby. They'll beat down a pair of Bose any day. Mine are 12 years old and going strong

Not designed for use while training mind. These are pro cans.

Great value as well, I had a pair years ago. Not for running though, no.

genuinely can't tell the difference.

Are you comparing these earphones by listening to MP3s at 128kbps or something?

Even at 320 there's a noticeable difference in quality between free buds and a £50+ pair, even on a bog standard ipod without an amp. Upgrade to avi or flac and you'll have less on your ipod, but will REALLY see the value of those headphones more. Daft people pay £100 for earphones and then listen to Rdio streamed at 192 kbps and wax lyrical about their headphones, as if they're magically improving the quality of the music. Can't happen.

If you have a good quality MP3 or a CD, the sound on the buds is like going to a show and everything coming from a pair of home speakers placed either side of the stage. Perfectly fine to get by with iyam, but the better quality headphones get closer to an 80 piece Orchestra being in your head, you can pick out cowbell right of centre or timpani to the left, the space between higher end guitar squeals and lower end bass rumbles is much more pronounced. They're more like 2 instruments being played separately rather than thrown in a blancmange together. Producers spend months in a studio on that mix and it's only apparent on good kit with good quality recordings.