Syria

Anorthernsoul

U.S. and Saudi warn Russia. Honestly has America got no shred of shame left? Wtf are the Saudi's gonna do order more gold toilets? :lol:

More bilge in the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/08/russia-pay-price-syrian-airstrikes-ashton-carter-us-defence-secretary

No they're threatening to chop the hands off more abused workers trying to escape.

There's basically no free Syrian army and if there were moderates there a year ago most have joined up with Ipiss cause the pay is better. Qatar and Gulf states want pipelines through Syria to access EU markets with gas. America likes the idea cause it would be a blow against Gazprom.

Like in Ukraine Russia has a red line in Syria and Obama is really confused about what to do now faced with an actual opponent that can defend itself.

This article is worth reading to get a more objective view on the current rebel situation in Syria, it's no way as simple as you make it out to be, although a possible shift to IS by Syrian regime opponents who so far have been fighting against IS will certainly be made possible by the current Russian intervention, which would suit both Assad/Russia/Iran & US/Saudi/Turkey.

Edited by RedfernMag

Thanks mate but it's factually incorrect on many of its key points. Whoever wrote it is out of touch.

Some basic errors:

Patriot wasn't withdrawn from Turkey cause of Russia it was withdrawn when Turkey started bombing the Kurds who Germany was arming and training.

The 'rebels' - well there aren't any rebels they are pretty much all various versions of AlQ or iPiss and the smaller groups are aligned to the bigger ones. There has been some infighting of course but there isn't

really a moderate option of any kind. AlQ avoids fighting iPiss and other factions fight each other one week and then join up to fight Assad. There are areas where Assad avoids iPiss and areas where other Jihadi's avoid

Assad and fight another group on a whim/rumour or change of paymaster.

The mercernaries, chechens, blackwater and jihadi's in the FSA have mostly moved over to one or other bigger Islamic factions (especially when Saudi money started pouring in)...

Leakage from factions to other factions is ongoing depending on pay and fear or what area the fighting moves to this is fluid and ongoing (hence Nato didn't really know where to bomb most of the time). :lol:

The Jihadi factions (they all are) took over large areas not cause they are good but it was Russian advice to concentrate fighting around strongholds and settle in for a long war which will favour the regime and \

also give time for others to get going in Syria (Russia, Hezbollah, Iran and other volunteers from America and UK) - There are upwards of a 500 American, European and UK veterans fighting against iPiss (I know a couple of them).

I stopped reading when Mark said that America had given tacit approval for Russian intervention (that is complete bollocks) as the hysterical day to day responses of Pentagon goons shows....

Netenyahu was told 4 weeks ago by Putin when he visited that Russia was going to intervene and some logistical and political things were smoothed out with the Israeli's.

It's clear with the opening air strikes that the Jihadis (wherever they are and whatever the call themselves) are in a panic and hundreds are crossing back into Turkey. The Russian jet crossing into their airspace was a warning as Turkey are one of the main culprits (it is the key RAT RUN for supplies to iPiss and others) and were infuriated when Obama refused to do proper air strikes (chief of staff have a list of targets over 120)...But he didn't do it due to some generals and a modicum of sanity - what's left of it in America. This is why the false flag SARIN attack was cooked up but samples taken to PORTON DOWN in the UK revealed it wasn't the type Syria has...Mi6 to their credit helped in this told the Americans this. My guess is it was a stunt by Turkey and Al Nusra to get America in.

Russia will end this within a few months. It's serious as it was in Ukraine and appearance of nuke subs in warm waters underscores this. Syria has taken delivery of T90's, nightvision, S300 over the last month and although Assad might have been holding back some of his elite units and 2 dozen or so 3rd gen jets incase of some other intervention he is more than likely to let loose while the going is good.

America isn't going to lift a finger if some NATO backwater like Turkey is taught a lesson. Some day soon Turkey will have its own war against iPiss coming the other way, Kurds and elements funded by Iran. I hope they get fucked.

Edited by Park Life

Thanks mate but it's factually incorrect on many of its key points. Whoever wrote it is out of touch.

Some basic errors:

Patriot wasn't withdrawn from Turkey cause of Russia it was withdrawn when Turkey started bombing the Kurds who Germany was arming and training.

The article doesn't say that Patriot was withdrawn specifically to allow for Russian intervention, only that this was a decision made in advance of Russian intervention (and links to the original NYT story).

I stopped reading when Mark said that America had given tacit approval for Russian intervention (that is complete bollocks) as the hysterical day to day responses of Pentagon goons shows....

He says 'American officials have publicly stated that Russia’s military deployments have Obama’s approval, as long as they only attack ISIS.'

It's a shame you gave up after less than a 1/4 of the article :lol:

There is no denying the existence of numerous groups (who would fall under the umbrella term FSA) having varying and conflicting allegiances at different times, revolutionary situations don't tend to have a typically linear trajectory, but to dismiss all the Syrian opposition as either AlQ or ISIS serves no one but Assad.

This is a complex situation that the imperialist powers are trying to turn into a simple good versus evil narrative, and as for Russia ending this in a few months, well, we'll see :lol:

Seriously who the fuck is Mark Boothroyd?

There is no longer any entity one could define as the FSA. It's just spin for the soft western masses to co-opt consent to carry on antics in Syria. Can Mark name it's leader or any of its top field commanders?

If you asked the Pentagon for a list of moderates you'd piss your pants laughing cause it reads like Sharia Dawn.

I suspect his heart is in the right place but he has little grasp of realpolitik.

Normally your links are top notch. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Idlib, Aleppo and Homs hit by 70 airstrikes in 2 days. Russia reports 17 key bunkers, ammo depots and comms destroyed.

Syrian and other infiltrators are calling in upto 180 targets a day which Russia filters down to 30/40 odd per day.

Edited by Park Life

Those Allahu Akbars said with less and less conviction as the bombs get a bit too close for comfort.

Something I struggle with; is it an expletive just as we say "Oh my god", a plea like "God helps us" or a curse like "God damn"?

I know the translation is "God is great", so is it a surrender of responsibility, a claim that none of this is by our choosing and those planes took off, flew that pattern and dropped those bombs because it was decreed by an interventionist deity?

Not being an atheist dick, I'm genuinely curious as to what "Allahu Akbar" actually means to those that say it.

I used to have a t-shirt which had "God is Awesome" written on the front. I used to get religious nutjobs talking to me when i wore it. Fashion tip: don't do drugs.

Try wearing this when the Jehovah's Witnesses come round. :lol:

Manic-Street-Preachers-The-Holy-Bible-32