Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Pardew, IMO the team and formation picked itself today.

Pardews input was being brave enough not to bottle it and for once not letting returning players walk straight in. He can have the credit for that.

The Gouffran change was due to Remys fitness levels, however I thought he did well to bring Tiote on when he did.

:lol:

It's Pardew's fault when it goes wrong but not when it goes right.

He's basically implimented a revised version of his own system but it's ok all he does is click ''select player'' and the rest just happens by itself. :banana:

Weapons grade stupidity.

He's basically implimented a revised version of his own system but it's ok all he does is click ''select player'' and the rest just happens by itself. :banana:

Weapons grade stupidity.

harry-potter-sorting-hat.jpg

;)

Weapons grade stupidity.

+1 :lol:

Good solid win yesterday. We look much more balanced with that system. My biggest fear is when the injuries / suspensions start to hit. That is what will stunt our season.

well done Lads, a very good performance from your lot and a equally poor performance from Villa, Enjoy your weekend and good luck for all but one of you remaining fixtures!

Fair play, you're welcome on here any time.

I know it's easy to go over the top after a win but I honestly believe that was our best away performance since we beat the yids 1-4. Absolutely magnificent, I thought at half time it would be typical Pardew holding on for a win 1-0, and we were slightly more reserved but we were still by far the better team, against a side who will definitely be 8th-12th this season.

Ben Arfa had his best game for the toon, 10/10 would be too low a mark for him, absolutely magnificent, he's not too good for Newcastle United playing like that, but he's too good for Mike Ashley's Newcastle United, what a show he put on. He is easily in the top 10 players I've seen at this club when he plays like that.

A good 3 points and the gamble of not buying anyone paid off yesterday . But there are still some 15 premiership games to play until the window opens again, more games if we progress in the league cup. I agree with JawD a few injuries or suspensions and we're up shit creek . Still 3 points are 3 points Ben Arfa was great again the only downside of that is i can see Ashley counting the money for him already.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I thought Anita had another solid performance today, kept things ticking over nicely with some simple football in the centre, allowing Cabaye and Sissoko to push on a bit more.

It will be interesting to see what Pardew does with Tiote getting back to full fitness; its starting to show that a consistent run of games for Anita is bringing out the best in him, but Pardew likes Tiote, and on his day he can Tiote can be great.

Cabaye - Anita - Sissoko

Cabaye - Tiote - Sissoko

Personally, the former makes me feel more confident.

Anita is simply a better player. It was always going to be the case he broke his way in but you've got to let him show you what he can do first, which in a new league and with a player you're confident about starting ahead of him it takes time.

He keeps the speed of an attack going, which is all the better when we're playing with Remy and Ben Arfa on either wing. He collects the ball, turns and plays a great forward ball time and time again. Tiote alwyas looks to do a crazy punt up the pitch or stops dead and takes momentum away form an attack.

I still rate Tiote, and hopefully this serious competition will give him a kick up the arse to find some of his best form.

Tiote's at his best when he's winning it back and playing a simple pass to somebody to get up and start an attack but after a really good 11/12 season next to Cabaye he brought a lot of the hollywood balls out - which in a team with so little movement & with a few poor balls we simply couldn't pull it off.

If he keeps it simple and winds his neck in he can be class. I think he would have been good from the off yesterday as we had an attacking attitude as a team, forward passing etc.

Speaking of holding midfielders, anyone catch Scott Parker pirouetting until he lost the ball on MOTD?

I barely caught any of MOTD last night, but the one bit i did see was indeed that! thought to myself "still the same old Parker" and switched off.

I barely caught any of MOTD last night, but the one bit i did see was indeed that! thought to myself "still the same old Parker" and switched off.

Yeah you didn't you DOG!

High-Five-GIF-2.gif

I realized my error about 30 minutes into it once all the intrigue had gone (always enjoy a good end of the world build up in a movie).

Can't decide if Michelle Rodriguez is more 1 dimensional as an actor as Jason Statham - very close.