Everton - Newcastle United

Aeris

@ Tooj

Box to box midfielder is pretty much dying as a position now SG & FL are over 32 and 442 is also becoming a thing of the past. I can't see the need for one in a team properly functioning in some variant of 433. The extra attacker should already be there (the second 3) and most teams play this system with two lads sitting in. Given that this is pretty much the formation we normally try to play I fail to see where Sissoko fits in. He's an attacker iyam.

Edited by PaddockLad

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew should not have taken BenArfa off........he should have put him back on the right where he's been used to..... Coleman was handling him ...... would have been well to let him have a go at Baines.

Gouffran was MoM inn my opinion, worked his arse off ....... too bad his effort bounced out off the post and didn't bounce in.

Remy should not have been playing in the middle ..... he's better to the left.

Pardew should not have taken Anita off ...... he was playing quite well.

Santon is good going forward but he is poor defensively.

Colo was not at his best when he needed to be.

Makes you wonder why we can play like shit in the first half then look a lot better in the second.

In my opinion we scored 2 "lucky"/random goals today, Everton scored 3 tactical goals.

Aye. Hoofball for one & utterly awful defending for the other two - in fact all three I suppose.

Tactical my arse. They were gifted. That's some of the slackest defending I can remember.

and do we really need that type of player which tiote is anymore? he seems very outdated. right now he is a player who knows nothing of how to support the offensive game, adds nothing to the mental department, and does mainly just absurd things defensively... if he's not just strolling/trolling around watching the havoc take place from a remote distance.

he's cattermole for me like. i rather just put in an extra central defender instead, looking at the atrocious things we've done this season. . 3 central defenders to let debuchy and santon fuck it up as many times as they have to.

Edited by Aeris

Santon is also someone who needs to fuck off, because he's the worst defender we've ever had, a waste of a good shirt. I even rate Ryan Taylor as a better left back than him. Santon should be a reserve winger at best, as he is just fairly average even at doing the winger job.

I might be wrong but here's what I remember from yesterday

Krul - Flappy

Santon - Couldn't deal with anything defensively and knew it. Some absolute shite free-kicks which made him look like the idiot he is.

Colo - Was shite, physically incapable of stopping anyone at Everton.

Mbiwa - Scared and tactically thick.

Debuchy - Looked like he could he could give a fuck at some point, but other tmes just no.

Tiote - Just a useless player yesterday. He filled a defensive midfield position that weren't needed, and he's not good at anything else.

Sissoko - Unseen

Anita - Trustworthy

Ben Arfa - Couldn't get a hold of the ball, the cunt, in other words useless yesterday.

Gouffran - Was trying to fill in everywhere yesterday, as everybody else stood still and watched. Did as good as he could.

Remy - Isolated, couldn't get service, but at least he tried more than Cisse would have done. Got a goal and tried hard to get more.

Cisse - Invisible. When he comes on, we get reduced to 10 men as he adds minus one player.

Cabaye - Scored a beautiful goal, and gave a fuck, but had very little to work with teamwise.

Willo - At least he is great in the aerial zone, if nothing else. Dealt with Lukaku.

We're not a team, we're not a unit, we don't defend as a team and don't cover as a team. Our buying policy has seen a tight unit become a side of individuals. A bit like buying an empty house and getting great value on some fine French table and chairs for every room but you didn't shell out for enough beds or a settee. (I've just been awake for too long, don't knock the metaphor). ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.

This is the first time I have posted in here for a long time.

After that display though I dont think I have anywhere else to express my rage.

It's the first time I have really sat down to watch a game of football for a long time. Fuck me, its finished. Seriously. A player hardly has an opportunity to touch someone. They were talking about no video ref's because it slow's the pace of the games, what about all the lads rolling about for knack all ruining it, slowing the time down. Honestly, we have gone from blokes playing to a bunch of faggots.

Last night it was laughable. Debauchy, does he know how to control a ball? Everytime in the second half we hit Everton on the counter the ball was played into his feet he would f@ck up.

It's the first time I have really sat down to watch a game of football for a long time. Fuck me, its finished. Seriously. A player hardly has an opportunity to touch someone. They were talking about no video ref's because it slow's the pace of the games, what about all the lads rolling about for knack all ruining it, slowing the time down. Honestly, we have gone from blokes playing to a bunch of faggots.

Last night it was laughable. Debauchy, does he know how to control a ball? Everytime in the second half we hit Everton on the counter the ball was played into his feet he would f@ck up.

Not as bad as those fuckin cyclists at the weekend mate, jibbed it off because of a bit of wind and rain in Tuscany! :P

Not as bad as those fuckin cyclists at the weekend mate, jibbed it off because of a bit of wind and rain in Tuscany! :PAye,

Now that was laughable too. Although with the news of JTL from Sky having dodgy blood values, the Froome Dawg has shit his pants and done a runner before he is found out he is doped ;)

The football now though, what a laugh.

Now that was laughable too. Although with the news of JTL from Sky having dodgy blood values, the Froome Dawg has shit his pants and done a runner before he is found out he is doped ;)

The football now though, what a laugh.

Yeah for all their noble intentions Sky are as bad as anyone...Froome, unless you're a cycling anorak, came from nowhere as far as I can make out the year before last.

Sissoko couldnt pass for the life of him. Ben Arfa got shrugged off the ball by Coleman. Coloccini looked like he was playing the first premier league game of his life.Santon the first fooball game of his life. Even Krul seemed to be flapping about aimlessly. Just a complete mess of a performance.

Felt a bit for Gouffran and Anita, they were the ones seemed to be trying hard. Anita was way to weak and lacking the final pass on most occasions, but at least he was looking to move forwards. Tiote can go sideways at best.