Leeds

Aeris

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gouffran

:D Thanks. I was tempted to reply to your earlier post that Gouffran was similar to Obertan save for their overall ability to affect the outcome of the game. That play was probably case and point.

Obertan did well creating a neat amount of chances for himself the short time he was on. Too bad he's not a finisher, if you could gene splice him with Cisse they would make quite a striker, not the cleverest of the lot though.

Edited by Aeris

Brilliant goal by Ginola against Man U Gouffran against Leeds. :D

:banana:

I said exactly that to my brother :lol:

Brilliant goal, should have had a few more really. Encouraging to see the chances even if Obertan couldn't finish them.

Decent performance but as usual we'll get a champions league team, away from home in the next round.

Good tidy result happy with that. Good to see Cisse back on a scoresheet and Gouffran is class, Barney's point is exactly how I feel about Gouffran tbh. Have to say though Obertan is fucking useless :lol: missed that sitter after Gouffran's excellent set up, runs with his head down so he had no idea there was a man in a far better position when he was going for goal (although 2-0 up I can't really blame him for having a go, it's just annoying to think if we were a goal down he probably would have done the exact same thing as he wouldn't notice the other player), even when Sammy made a poor pass to him that was slightly behind him he slipped over :lol: of course he slipped over.

Gouffran is what Obertan should be tbh, I don't know whether it's lack of skill/coordination/intelligence or a combination that make him rubbish. Truthfully I'm not angry at him more just frustrated as he can be a player we've seen it in (very brief) moments.

Mind, Obertan is seriously shit, three shit decisions by him at the end. (Brilliant lay off by Gouffran btw). :good:

Got so much good stuff about him, but he's just not mentally capable of using his abilities to what it's worth. Too bad :/

Good tidy result happy with that. Good to see Cisse back on a scoresheet and Gouffran is class, Barney's point is exactly how I feel about Gouffran tbh. Have to say though Obertan is fucking useless :lol: missed that sitter after Gouffran's excellent set up, runs with his head down so he had no idea there was a man in a far better position when he was going for goal (although 2-0 up I can't really blame him for having a go, it's just annoying to think if we were a goal down he probably would have done the exact same thing as he wouldn't notice the other player), even when Sammy made a poor pass to him that was slightly behind him he slipped over :lol: of course he slipped over.

Gouffran is what Obertan should be tbh, I don't know whether it's lack of skill/coordination/intelligence or a combination that make him rubbish. Truthfully I'm not angry at him more just frustrated as he can be a player we've seen it in (very brief) moments.

Aye I called him all the knackers under the sun when that good run by one of wor lot, (the stream was poor, no idea if it was Gouffran or Cisse) was made in vain. You're right, he doesn't look up and can't pick a pass on instinct.

Do you think he's cute?

He reminds me of some kid they used to bully at my junior high. Weird looking, looks like the result of mixing too many races together.

Edited by Aeris

I feel a bit sorry for Obertan. His decision making and confidence is so bad, that it undies everything else. 6foot 1, bags of pace and a few tricks. The club have tried to ship him out on loan and he hasn't played in ages, but his performance tonight will probably be(unfairly) remembered for missing a 1v1 and falling on his arse.

I'm not really defending him as such...I just wish he was better I suppose.