So what do you think ?

trooper

So we're in a mid table position were still in the league cup the and 3 stooges are still running the show are you happy or not?. My big fear is if we're in this league position come January Ashley won't invest in the team. At the moment it's like watching a tightrope walk nervous,exciting knowing one bad decision and it will all come crashing down. The awful thing is if we're not near the relegation zone come January we're stuck with this team this manager and no investment. Also the fact that Ashley will be sat back with that smug look on his face and thinking I got away with it again.

Edited by trooper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage of the season our league position isn't awful but it's nothing to get excited about and we have a difficult run coming up. We've missed chances against Wist Am and Hull to have made this a good start.

But overall I'm as fucked off as I've even been as a Newcastle supporter. We have at strategic level no interest in trying to do what a football club is set up to do, win things!

If I was coming to this sport as a newcomer then we'd be the last team I'd be interested in giving my allegiances to. I know we have to be run as a business to survive but what's the point in surviving as a football club if you're not trying win anything.

Happy or not??? Really? One good result and all is okay in the world? Fuck that, I'll not be happy until that fat prick and his cronies are out of our club, happy or fucking not indeed! Truly amazing how there's NUFC fans out there that have such short memories of what this club should actually be achieving given it's size and potential.

have to say i'm not unimpressed. i don't really forget things and remembering when we were in the championship makes me happy about where we are now.

i'm a pint half full person and we could have vanished at that time.

have to say i'm not unimpressed. i don't really forget things and remembering when we were in the championship makes me happy about where we are now.

i'm a pint half full person and we could have vanished at that time.

I don't forget things either so remember who put us there in the first place.

I don't forget things either so remember who put us there in the first place.

Apparently people are okay with that as long as we're a mid-table non-entity that doesn't bother with cup competitions...

Apparently people are okay with that as long as we're a mid-table non-entity that doesn't bother with cup competitions...

Look, everyones different and I accept that we can not compete with the big boys. At least we can watch premiership football. It really is valuable

I'll wait a bit before making real judgement. Been a mixed start. What I won't do is obsess, like the OP, over presumptions over what might happen in the future. Going to take each week as it comes, as you never really know what turn this twisted club is going to take next.

Did I enjoy our goals and play yesterday?

Of course.

Do I think we'll never be anything other than a middling club who will never achieve anything at all under this regime and gradually regress as a club?

Absolutely.

We've been good - Remy has been a revelation and he's really what the attack needed. We've played decent football & took away the reliance on the long ball. We've started attacking teams away from home and we've kept attacking them. Although it did look like we we're all over yesterday if you watch it back it wasn't THAT bad.

Although we need to learn to approach games like Man City in a different way. The big disappointment for me has been the defending - it's been very inconsistent - going from a high standard to a pub standard and everywhere in between. The squad is quite small so if we lose a big player we'll know about it.

We're not going anywhere fast though - in either direction - because the owner simply wants us to exist in the top division till he can recoup his loan money or sell us at a profit.

I can't say I'm happy with Newcastle United - but to say that at any time is as rare as rocking horse shite.

As David Kelly says, very difficult games coming up. The mackem game will be important as it's the only one that looks surmountable in the coming weeks, although I have a feeling we'll get something from the Chelsea game.
Come Norwich, it's not unlikely we'll be down near the bottom of the table.

effort isn't earning a points tally. it has to be combined with other things.

not laughing at tom, just sunderland.

the fact the cocktail stick joke is still on after 7 games tells you all you need to know about a team.

My point is nobody is giving points away - they've been decent for their past few games and Man United and Liverpool have had to work for their results.