Newcastle vs Manchester City

Aeris

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't embarrassed ourselves here, I think we've looked ok. Just need someone who can score.

You mean the same problem we've had since we sold Ba, the player we replaced 6 months later with a 2 million loan signing?

You mean the same problem we've had since we sold Ba, the player we replaced 6 months later with a 2 million loan signing?

Yes but to be fair, Remy replaces Ba. We need someone to replace Cisse.

You know what, if we seriously had a decent striker, we'd be fine. Like for those glorious crosses from Ben Arfa that no one gets anywhere near.

How about a local, tall and strong young lad who came through the ranks and knew what it all meant?

Another heartbreaker, but not this time because of a dismal display. We played well with a couple of players who didn't earn their pay.

Ameobe & Cisse were like two damp squibs on bonfire night. They couldn't strike a Swan Vesta. We should have had the game won in the first half if they hadn't been so useless.

Anita put in a good shift and produced some good football.

Gouffran was more like what we expect from him, worked his arse off.

Can't fault anyone really except our two dud strikers.

I was expecting an absolute drybumming, but that was a good display and if Remy and our first choice centre halves had both started I think we'd have won.

If we can keep that defensive intensity and good wide play I think we can get something from the majority of teams in the league. But we can't. So we won't.

Would you rather him get a bit of confidence back and at least be a bit better than he is now, or play shola?

The term 'form is temporary but class is permanent' works both ways. I think Cisse arrived in the form of his career.

Would you rather him get a bit of confidence back and at least be a bit better than he is now, or play shola?

I dont think he's a good player lacking form and when he plays he's largely a passenger leaving us 10 vs 11.

Plus there's no need to play Shola as Remy, Gouffran & Ben Arfa have been doing a decent job in the last few games.