The Chelsea match thread

hostile_statue

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dying to hear what pardew said to cabaye for the first one.

i can imagine him probably saying "float one up for williamson" and cabaye going "gan on" and then whipping that one in

Pardew was brilliant today. His plan worked to perfection. But sadly we see Pardew's (and the team's) Mr. Hyde just as often as the Dr. Jeckyll on display today. The story of our season has been inconsistency and if the last two games were troughs this was the peak.

With Cabaye/current Lampard debatable, not one of the rest of our starting line up would get into theirs, not one. Point today would be great.

Remy for Torres for sure.

Brilliant second half. Gouffran, Anita, Sissoko, Cabaye, Williamson(!) Remy... all fantastic today. But my man of the match goes to Debuchy. Best performance I've seen him in a toon top. Composed, measured, determined, brave: everything you want in a fullback. The ball to Sissoko deserved a goal on the end of it.

Special mention for the second goal as well. Obertan and Anita had great play together. Really think the latter is getting better with every game. Always thought he had some talent in him and we are beginning to see that. Could be a very exciting player in the next 5 years imo.

i would love to know what Remy was saying to Terry at the end.

"I played the shirt off your back". Being the dolt that he is, Terry took it literally.