Jonas Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Only two players played more games than him last season, he simply hasn't played enough this year to make Pardew alter his opinion on him so dramatically.

If Pardew was intent on not using him at all this season then why not tell him that in the summer?

It's almost certainly coming from above.

Edited by ewerk

It's almost as though some wily old ex manager has come and said "Alan son, what you playing at? You've got fancy boys on each wing. No wonder you nearly got us relegated last year'. "Move them on and get some solid no nonsense men out there".

It's almost as though some wily old ex manager has come and said "Alan son, what you playing at? You've got fancy boys on each wing. No wonder you nearly got us relegated last year'. "Move them on and get some solid no nonsense men out there".

Do you ever take a day off?

Do you? Oh wait.......,

;) xxx

Jokes aside, why do you consistently assume the contrary view? Even if that view is opposite to a view you previously claimed to hold?

30 years old and on 60k a week, first player out the door for me on account of the fact that his reputation will sell him. Obertan I'd kick him out the door but where to? Doesn't stop us paying his wages if no one wants him. The idea that a player should not be sold because there are worse players at the club is the most juvenile argument I've seen in a while.

As for him being in the side then suddenly sold, that is not true. Since Gouffram and Sissoko arrived he's hardly played. Rightly so too, Pardew often had no choice but to play him last year and he was frustratingly shite for the most part.

As for the sentiment, it's harsh but that's football. We didn't give Nolan a massive contract out of sentiment because that would mean we would be thinking exactly what West Ham fans are thinking now. Nolan is on what there for 5 years? :lol:

Jokes aside, why do you consistently assume the contrary view? Even if that view is opposite to a view you previously claimed to hold?

It prevents selective reinforcement around here though, which I think would possibly be rife without him...

It prevents selective reinforcement around here though, which I think would possibly be rife without him...

I disagree.

HF, Chez, Ant, Tom, Tooj, etc. They often disagree with each other, let alone with CT.

First player you wanted sold seems harsh based on the fact there's Obertan in the squad :lol:

I dont care whatever argument you are making, there's just no justification for playing shite like him ahead of Jonas. Jonas could be predictable, soft in the tackle and have a broken arm and leg, and still be infinitely more useful than the likes of Obertan.

Hoo, none of this shit, where's the match thread at?!

Since Gouffram and Sissoko arrived he's hardly played.

That's simply not true, he started every single league game last season following the arrival of Gouffran and Sissoko.

I'm not arguing that it isn't the right decision to get rid of him, we simply can't afford to have a squad player on first team wages.

Where we disagree is the reason for him not playing this season, I simply don't believe that he has gone from being an automatic starter last season to not even being good enough for the bench this season. There's more to it than Pardew doesn't fancy him because all the evidence is to the contrary.

I disagree.

HF, Chez, Ant, Tom, Tooj, etc. They often disagree with each other, let alone with CT.

On the issues that CT gets worked up about though? Obviously you know the board far better than I, but I've seen him as the lone dissenting voice on a few occasions. I guess 'rife' was an exaggeration though.

As for why he does it - there's bound to be a psychological explanation for a mental preference towards devil's advocacy. Is it not just that?

On the issues that CT gets worked up about though? Obviously you know the board far better than I, but I've seen him as the lone dissenting voice on a few occasions. I guess 'rife' was an exaggeration though.

As for why he does it - there's bound to be a psychological explanation for a mental preference towards devil's advocacy. Is it not just that?

CT can't match the lads I mentioned when it comes down to a proper discussion about football though. When they start providing evidence to support their arguments he'll either claim that stats don't prove anything, or becoming increasingly obtuse. He is often a lone dissenting voice, because he's often the only person regurgitating the party lie, or he's already pinned his hopes on a player because a gut feeling.

There's a bit of a clique on this board aye. Occasionally I have to bring the A game when the mood takes me and scatter them like pigeon. ;)

30 years old and on 60k a week, first player out the door for me on account of the fact that his reputation will sell him. Obertan I'd kick him out the door but where to? Doesn't stop us paying his wages if no one wants him. The idea that a player should not be sold because there are worse players at the club is the most juvenile argument I've seen in a while.

As for the sentiment, it's harsh but that's football. We didn't give Nolan a massive contract out of sentiment because that would mean we would be thinking exactly what West Ham fans are thinking now. Nolan is on what there for 5 years? :lol:

Agree with those two points like.

Or a general difference of opinion :)

From my side I see lots of people taking the sheep approach ;)

CT can't match the lads I mentioned when it comes down to a proper discussion about football though. When they start providing evidence to support their arguments he'll either claim that stats don't prove anything, or becoming increasingly obtuse. He is often a lone dissenting voice, because he's often the only person regurgitating the party lie, or he's already pinned his hopes on a player because a gut feeling.

:lol:

What bollocks!

Don't like Jonas (neither do quite a few others, including Ant, Chez etc)

Doubts about Ben Arfa being a good team player (so do quite a few others, including Happy Face etc)

Think we are better run now than under Shepherd. (So do many others).

As you often do you are letting a stereotype get in the way of facts. Of course all of us are never right because that's what football opinions are like, but this view that you should go with the flow or never call things as you see them is bollocks.

:lol:

What bollocks!

Don't like Jonas (neither do quite a few others, including Ant, Chez etc)

Doubts about Ben Arfa being a good team player (so do quite a few others, including Happy Face etc)

Think we are better run now than under Shepherd. (So do many others).

As you often do you are letting a stereotype get in the way of facts. Of course all of us are never right because that's what football opinions are like, but this view that you should go with the flow or never call things as you see them is bollocks.

You've unsurprisingly missed the point.

I doubt there's anyone on here who thinks we're better run now than under Shepherd.

Think we are fiscally miles better run, that doesn't automatically translate to the pitch but that's a different debate. Wages v turnover we're at around 60%, that's in the top 5.

Edited by Park Life